Very Vague Weiss Rumor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Very Vague Weiss Rumor

In Response to Re: Very Vague Weiss Rumor:
    [QUOTE]it would take a 1st to get Weiss.....hes better then horton and we gave up 15th overall and Wideman for him.......so start with our first and a prospect
    Posted by darrenryan[/QUOTE]
    How is he better than Horton?Please elaborate.Campbell was also part of the deal by the way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Weiss and Erik Gudbranson for Wheeler and TO's first pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Weiss value similar to Versteeg 1st and 3rd rounders, late first that is why 3rd was thrown in. Both making about 3.1M.

Possibly our 1st and Hamill would suffice,but he is a better player than Versteeg, and may require a roster player. Can't see Flo letting him go, though, top center locked in for little money, Florida's dream.

No to Booth, I really like him but to take on another player having already had a concussion would just be too crazy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Also why go after Weiss, Reasoner is available. romfl

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Very Vague Weiss Rumor:[QUOTE]Weiss and Erik Gudbranson for Wheeler and TO's first pick. Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]

I'd do that JYaso but would Tallon ? It's intriguing for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

As an update @NHLSourcesSay updated a blog to further discuss Chicago's intentions.  He has not gone on to discuss the Boston portion of the same tweet.  I would disagree with the statement that Weiss will be more expensive then Versteeg.  Eventhough Versteeg is only locked up for one more year, his age still makes him a more valuable commodity in my estimation.  Certainly if Weiss is traded to us or anyone else we will know the answer to this question, but based on this deal I'm still thinking a 2nd plus a midlevel prospect (AKA Bartkowski) or our first, TOR's pick should not enter the discussion unless Grudbranson or some other very valuable piece is involved.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Very Vague Weiss Rumor:
    [QUOTE]it would take a 1st to get Weiss.....hes better then horton and we gave up 15th overall and Wideman for him.......so start with our first and a prospect
    Posted by darrenryan[/QUOTE]

http://spectorshockey.net/2011/02/nhl-rumors-for-wednesday-february-16-2011/

Seems that is the trending thought process.  This site predicts it will tke a bounty which exceeds the Versteeg package.  That surprises me a little.