Very Very Frustrated after these 2 games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Very Very Frustrated after these 2 games

I don;t even know where to start I guess maybe a couple positives. After 2 games I am convinced not only can the bruins play with the cannucks but if we don;t beat our selfs we can beat them. Despite all the special team chances by both teams the bruins still haven;t been blown out and we even got a power play goal from recchi none the les. Thomas played great imo in game one. I even give claude a little credit for at least trying to change things up by using chara at the front of the net on the power play and then putting him back on the point. The stuborn mule is at least willing to ty something different wich i give him credit for.

The bruins goals given up are all self destruction in my opinion Boychuk makeing a stupid mistake in game one and ference not getting the puck out on the first one was inexcusable. Thomas made some good saves but he should have stopped the first one and was way way out of position on the other 2.  I had just cracked open a fresh can of beer and the game was over in overtime. The bruins sitting back in the third period is just jaw dropping how much they sit back and tonight with the lead you could see claude hockey was well in effect as the bruins never attacked the nucks just sitting on the lead. You knew they were going to score no surprise they did. After the bruins get scored on amazing how they started to tilt the ice and started attacking more in the nucks end.

Going forward I say fix our mistakes and we can win but its going to be darn tough to win 4 games and ony letting the nucks win one more. If anything else I would like to see the bruins show some pride and make this a series at least.

The nucks are a very good team but the bruins are makeing them look better than they are. Take nothing away from the nucks but  I hate seeing the bruins shoot them selfs in the foot thats what irks me the most.

Hope like heck we find a way to win game 3.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Re: Very Very Frustrated after these 2 games

I was going to just post a very similar thread just a minute or so ago but you beat me to it. The Bs can do better. H*ll yes. And they've shown they can come back from the brink countless times this year. Time to do it again when it really matters.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Altus123. Show Altus123's posts

Until the B's slow the wonder twins & the Biter down, they will not win a game. They need to knock the snot out of them every time they touch the puck. 

I don't recall a single solid check by a Bruin last night.  That's their game and they've strayed from it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

I said it before the finals started, the dream is over. Wake up Bruins fans, they are not good enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Our Bs deserved a win last night.  They dominated for a majority of the time especially in the second period.   They were able to get through the center zone and had double the scoring chances of Van.  Also much better than game one at getting in front of the net causing chaos.  Which resulted in the two goals.

Perhaps Chara has been over-used.  The whole team seemed run down in the last minutes of regulation and it was a case of "whew" that we made it to overtime.

One player that was under-used last might was Greg Campbell.  Perhaps CJ could rotate him into the top three lines the way he did with Peverly. Campbell's as good or better than Kelly.  

Peverly played a great game.   He was flying everywhere.  

On the OT goal, did anyone notice that Marchand was casually coasting back to cover, and could have stopped the wrap around if he had come back faster?  Guess he thought the D would take care of things.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good Post LUCIC, this COSMO jerk is trying to rattle our cage. All of your statements are right on, BUT, There continues to be more evidence on why Claude has been canned by both Montreal and New Jersey. Claude does not include offense in his overall plan; Claude reverts to his " Katy bar the door" once the Bruins get a one goal lead; and Claude has refused to use all of the resources available to win. He should have used TUUKA, and Caron, and Arneil in earlier games, to give them the experience necessary to rest Timmy, REX, and Campbell, who is playing hurt, plus replacing Slyder so he has more games like last night. I guess I could go on and on, but ADBEEKS will attest to my making these complaints for the last two months, if not longer. Claude is great on defensive strategy, but he mismanages his troops, and leaves Timmy overworked, overtired, and overstressed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

I always say if the Bruins have to lose, make it a bad loss, so they come back with fire in the next one.  But the first two games vs Vancouver were DEMORALIZING.  I don't know if they can find something in those games and come back with fire.  I really don't.  I am a true blue Bruins fan and watching the highlights from those games makes me SICK. 

It's time to get NASTY.  We need a 4-0 win with a big Lucic goal and a big Horton/Chara/Boychuk hit in the next one.  ABSOLUTELY NEEDED.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Re: Very Very Frustrated after these 2 games:
    [QUOTE]Our Bs deserved a win last night.  They dominated for a majority of the time especially in the second period.   They were able to get through the center zone and had double the scoring chances of Van.  Also much better than game one at getting in front of the net causing chaos.  Which resulted in the two goals. Perhaps Chara has been over-used.  The whole team seemed run down in the last minutes of regulation and it was a case of "whew" that we made it to overtime. One player that was under-used last might was Greg Campbell.  Perhaps CJ could rotate him into the top three lines the way he did with Peverly. Campbell's as good or better than Kelly.   Peverly played a great game.   He was flying everywhere.   On the OT goal, did anyone notice that Marchand was casually coasting back to cover, and could have stopped the wrap around if he had come back faster?  Guess he thought the D would take care of things.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

Was my point on other threads, that they came out nonchalant.  It's do or die, if anything you tell the team to go nuts the five minutes from the drop of the puck.  Someone forgot to make that speech.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]I said it before the finals started, the dream is over. Wake up Bruins fans, they are not good enough.
    Posted by cosmo14[/QUOTE]

Correction; like every series you've made the same prediction and been wrong. You always say the same things........why bother.

They are good enough, they made the Cup final.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: Very Very Frustrated after these 2 games:Campbell, who is playing hurt, 

Campbell is hurt?   Where did you read that?  Source?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]Until the B's slow the wonder twins & the Biter down, they will not win a game. They need to knock the snot out of them every time they touch the puck.  I don't recall a single solid check by a Bruin last night.  That's their game and they've strayed from it.
    Posted by Altus123[/QUOTE]

Did you miss Boychuk's check on Kessler?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]I said it before the finals started, the dream is over. Wake up Bruins fans, they are not good enough.
    Posted by cosmo14[/QUOTE]

While you may be right, losing two games on the road on the final shot of the game lends me to believe that Vancouver IS beatable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FanfromGWN. Show FanfromGWN's posts

Still the optimist but the Bruins got to stop giving these away. In O/T, win face-off, then three rookie mistakes in a row - Ference (instead of 44??), throws the puck away without pressure, Thomas over-commits, and then Chara (trying to make-up for his defence partners mistake) loses a foot race around the net - as a coach, I stress, to never chace around the net - stop in front and then you have a chance to stop from either side of net. Win both at home and they are back in this..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Still the optimist but the Bruins got to stop giving these away. In O/T, win face-off, then three rookie mistakes in a row - Ference (instead of 44??), throws the puck away without pressure, Thomas over-commits, and then Chara (trying to make-up for his defence partners mistake) loses a foot race around the net - as a coach, I stress, to never chace around the net - stop in front and then you have a chance to stop from either side of net. Win both at home and they are back in this..
    Posted by FanfromGWN[/QUOTE]
          I think Chara had good position on Burrows until Thomas basically threw a pick on him.. You're absolutely right though regarding the "rookie mistakes". Boston gave Van 3 goals last night. It's going to be awfully hard to beat the Canucks until Boston finds a way to stop beating themselves.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Very Very Frustrated after these 2 games:
    [QUOTE]I don;t even know where to start I guess maybe a couple positives. After 2 games I am convinced not only can the bruins play with the cannucks but if we don;t beat our selfs we can beat them. Despite all the special team chances by both teams the bruins still haven;t been blown out and we even got a power play goal from recchi none the les. Thomas played great imo in game one. I even give claude a little credit for at least trying to change things up by using chara at the front of the net on the power play and then putting him back on the point. The stuborn mule is at least willing to ty something different wich i give him credit for. The bruins goals given up are all self destruction in my opinion Boychuk makeing a stupid mistake in game one and ference not getting the puck out on the first one was inexcusable. Thomas made some good saves but he should have stopped the first one and was way way out of position on the other 2.  I had just cracked open a fresh can of beer and the game was over in overtime. The bruins sitting back in the third period is just jaw dropping how much they sit back and tonight with the lead you could see claude hockey was well in effect as the bruins never attacked the nucks just sitting on the lead. You knew they were going to score no surprise they did. After the bruins get scored on amazing how they started to tilt the ice and started attacking more in the nucks end. Going forward I say fix our mistakes and we can win but its going to be darn tough to win 4 games and ony letting the nucks win one more. If anything else I would like to see the bruins show some pride and make this a series at least. The nucks are a very good team but the bruins are makeing them look better than they are. Take nothing away from the nucks but  I hate seeing the bruins shoot them selfs in the foot thats what irks me the most. Hope like heck we find a way to win game 3.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

The Bruins need to be perfect.  Vancouver is the better team, and the Bruins are showing they can stay with them but they can't afford ANY mistakes.  That's a tough way to play.  Players are going to make mistakes.  Vancouver has made them, but the Bruins don't have what it takes to make them pay consistently.  Whether that is skill, confidence, depth, or lack of practice I don't know but until they become more opportunistic and develop a killer instinct "contenders" is the upper limit.  Champions win games like that one last night. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flameurass. Show Flameurass's posts

Funny no one has mentioned what appears to me to be the #1 reason the B's have lost 2: Luongo. The guy appears a huge brick wall in net, then add every Vancouver skater back stuffing up the shooting lanes and there is very little daylight to be had.

The Lucic goal was the only time he's been really beat so far in this series, the PP goal was a triple-deflection fluke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]Funny no one has mentioned what appears to me to be the #1 reason the B's have lost 2: Luongo. The guy appears a huge brick wall in net, then add every Vancouver skater back stuffing up the shooting lanes and there is very little daylight to be had. The Lucic goal was the only time he's been really beat so far in this series, the PP goal was a triple-deflection fluke.
    Posted by Flameurass[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the playoffs.  Nothing new there.  If anything, the Bruins had it pretty easy after the first round.  Usually you are seeing a steady diet of hot keepers and tight defensive teams.  The Bruins are serving the same stew to the Canucks, only the Nucks have better finishers.  TT has had to be the better goalie.  However, Luongo has been very good, as expcted. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Watching the game last night, it seemed to me that there were a lot of Bruin passes that were just a hair off the mark, or that were bobbled by the player receiving the pass, and led to turnovers. 

It looked like one of those classic situations where players are "squeezing the stick too tight".

My thoughts before the series was that TT was going to be one of the keys.  He can play out of  his mind, or he can be a bit inconsistent (as shown in several games in the TB series).  We've seen one of each thus far in the Final.  He was crazy good in Gm 1, but seemed to have issues with rebound control and positioning in Gm 2.  On the other hand, the "inconsistent" Luongo has gone 10-3 since Round 1.

I agree with most of the comments, in that the Bruins have shown that they can play with the Canucks.  This is a much more closely matched series than most people thought (I scoffed at those who said "sweep" -- my pick was Canucks in 6).  I still contend that the Bruins are having trouble with the Canucks' speed, and the fact that they can maintain that speed in the third.

If the Bruins had played the whole game like they played much of the 2nd period, they'd be going home with a road split.  If they'd played with the lead in the third like they played in the 3rd vs. TB in Gm 7, they'd have won last night.
    Comments about keeping up the offensive pressure vs. the Canucks with the lead are crazy.  Getting into a north-south game is a doomed strategy.  CJ had the right plan for the 3rd, but it wasn't executed as well as it was in Gm 7.

The teams who have success vs. the Canucks forecheck hard (thus preventing easy-outs by their d-men -- we saw that last night in the 2nd), and clog up the sector between center-ice and their defensive blueline (thus negating their entry speed).  The key, however, is to prevent turnovers at their offensive blueline, because the Canucks are deadly on the transition (i.e. last night's OT goal).

I know you guys are going on about the "hit the Sedins and they'll go away", but honestly, every team tries that, and it doesn't work.  The Sedins want you to run at them, because that creates gaps that they can exploit.  The teams which are effective vs. the Sedins hold their positions, and look for the guy without the puck.  Daniel's goal last night was a classic Sedin goal -- to the point, a slap-pass redirected by Daniel to Burrows, who dishes to Daniel going laterally across the slot (where the screened TT can't see the pass), and it's in the net over a sprawled TT.  Someone picks up Daniel cruising from the boards through the slot, and it's no goal.

Every team has thought of the Canucks as "soft", because they have so many skilled players.  Every team thus far has been caught off guard by the physical play of the Canucks.  Really, there are only 2 players on the Canucks who don't play a physical game, and they have the same surname.

Yes, you came back from 0-2 vs. the Habs.  But the Canucks are a significantly better team than the Habs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Watching the game last night, it seemed to me that there were a lot of Bruin passes that were just a hair off the mark, or that were bobbled by the player receiving the pass, and led to turnovers.  It looked like one of those classic situations where players are "squeezing the stick too tight". My thoughts before the series was that TT was going to be one of the keys.  He can play out of  his mind, or he can be a bit inconsistent (as shown in several games in the TB series).  We've seen one of each thus far in the Final.  He was crazy good in Gm 1, but seemed to have issues with rebound control and positioning in Gm 2.  On the other hand, the "inconsistent" Luongo has gone 10-3 since Round 1. I agree with most of the comments, in that the Bruins have shown that they can play with the Canucks.  This is a much more closely matched series than most people thought (I scoffed at those who said "sweep" -- my pick was Canucks in 6).  I still contend that the Bruins are having trouble with the Canucks' speed, and the fact that they can maintain that speed in the third. If the Bruins had played the whole game like they played much of the 2nd period, they'd be going home with a road split.  If they'd played with the lead in the third like they played in the 3rd vs. TB in Gm 7, they'd have won last night. Comments about keeping up the offensive pressure vs. the Canucks with the lead are crazy.  Getting into a north-south game is a doomed strategy.  CJ had the right plan for the 3rd, but it wasn't executed as well as it was in Gm 7. The teams who have success vs. the Canucks forecheck hard (thus preventing easy-outs by their d-men -- we saw that last night in the 2nd), and clog up the sector between center-ice and their defensive blueline (thus negating their entry speed).  The key, however, is to prevent turnovers at their offensive blueline, because the Canucks are deadly on the transition (i.e. last night's OT goal). I know you guys are going on about the "hit the Sedins and they'll go away", but honestly, every team tries that, and it doesn't work.  The Sedins want you to run at them, because that creates gaps that they can exploit.  The teams which are effective vs. the Sedins hold their positions, and look for the guy without the puck.  Daniel's goal last night was a classic Sedin goal -- to the point, a slap-pass redirected by Daniel to Burrows, who dishes to Daniel going laterally across the slot (where the screened TT can't see the pass), and it's in the net over a sprawled TT.  Someone picks up Daniel cruising from the boards through the slot, and it's no goal. Every team has thought of the Canucks as "soft", because they have so many skilled players.  Every team thus far has been caught off guard by the physical play of the Canucks.  Really, there are only 2 players on the Canucks who don't play a physical game, and they have the same surname. Yes, you came back from 0-2 vs. the Habs.  But the Canucks are a significantly better team than the Habs.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Good to see an objective Canuck's fan on here.  You will not be put on "ignore".....at least not yet anyway!   Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

To me the B's are like the nicest guy of the college, who can have all the girls he wants... except the nicest girl of the college.

That's all about B's... very high caliber but just can't conclude !!!!

Yes they are not done yet but they play their survival on Monday, no doubt !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]Watching the game last night, it seemed to me that there were a lot of Bruin passes that were just a hair off the mark, or that were bobbled by the player receiving the pass, and led to turnovers.  It looked like one of those classic situations where players are "squeezing the stick too tight". My thoughts before the series was that TT was going to be one of the keys.  He can play out of  his mind, or he can be a bit inconsistent (as shown in several games in the TB series).  We've seen one of each thus far in the Final.  He was crazy good in Gm 1, but seemed to have issues with rebound control and positioning in Gm 2.  On the other hand, the "inconsistent" Luongo has gone 10-3 since Round 1. I agree with most of the comments, in that the Bruins have shown that they can play with the Canucks.  This is a much more closely matched series than most people thought (I scoffed at those who said "sweep" -- my pick was Canucks in 6).  I still contend that the Bruins are having trouble with the Canucks' speed, and the fact that they can maintain that speed in the third. If the Bruins had played the whole game like they played much of the 2nd period, they'd be going home with a road split.  If they'd played with the lead in the third like they played in the 3rd vs. TB in Gm 7, they'd have won last night. Comments about keeping up the offensive pressure vs. the Canucks with the lead are crazy.  Getting into a north-south game is a doomed strategy.  CJ had the right plan for the 3rd, but it wasn't executed as well as it was in Gm 7. The teams who have success vs. the Canucks forecheck hard (thus preventing easy-outs by their d-men -- we saw that last night in the 2nd), and clog up the sector between center-ice and their defensive blueline (thus negating their entry speed).  The key, however, is to prevent turnovers at their offensive blueline, because the Canucks are deadly on the transition (i.e. last night's OT goal). I know you guys are going on about the "hit the Sedins and they'll go away", but honestly, every team tries that, and it doesn't work.  The Sedins want you to run at them, because that creates gaps that they can exploit.  The teams which are effective vs. the Sedins hold their positions, and look for the guy without the puck.  Daniel's goal last night was a classic Sedin goal -- to the point, a slap-pass redirected by Daniel to Burrows, who dishes to Daniel going laterally across the slot (where the screened TT can't see the pass), and it's in the net over a sprawled TT.  Someone picks up Daniel cruising from the boards through the slot, and it's no goal. Every team has thought of the Canucks as "soft", because they have so many skilled players.  Every team thus far has been caught off guard by the physical play of the Canucks.  Really, there are only 2 players on the Canucks who don't play a physical game, and they have the same surname. Yes, you came back from 0-2 vs. the Habs.  But the Canucks are a significantly better team than the Habs.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Keeping the pressure on in the third does not mean getting into a north south game.  I means, like you said, forechecking hard and not allowing them to break out as easily as they do when the Bruins are sitting back.  We've  seen this show before, many times.  And when Bruin fans say they need to be more aggressive and not sit back, believe them. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

49 north good observations. The bruins have done these things all season as far as looking nervous or gripping the sticks to hard when the preasure is on. They also go into shut down mode when they have leads and its not a good shut down and they lose. They have made it this far but thats my biggest complaint with this team and its coach. I believe they play not to lose instead of playing to win. The coach still hasn't learned and you would think expecialy after blowing a 3 nothing lead in game 7 vs philly last season they can't stop trying to be agressive and just sit back. The bruins in these playoffs have gotten off the mat many times when it looked like they might be down for the count but this time they are going against a much better team than the previous 3. Very frustrating bruins fans wait 21 years and through 2 games the bruins have beaten them selfs more than the cannucks have beaten them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Altus123. Show Altus123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Very Very Frustrated after these 2 games : Did you miss Boychuk's check on Kessler?
    Posted by Jake1977[/QUOTE]

OK, there's one.  I heard the stats after I made that post, adn vancouver recorded 40 "checks" to the Bs 31.  IMO, it appeared to be more lopsided than that. 

BUT, the B's need to be outhitting the Canucks 2:1 in iorder to win these games.  As long as the Canucks aren't afraid to hold onto the puck, they will win.  I saw Sedin duck out of teh way of Chara once or twice, but that's it.