Veteran replacement for Recchi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Veteran replacement for Recchi

Steve Sullivan: The guy is a pit bull and proven scorer (wing) and Nashville is not resigning him. I always liked him as a player and think he would fit right in as a 2nd/3rd line winger. He could also be had for a reaonable price.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Re: Veteran replacement for Recchi

Yeah S Sullivan would be a great fit for the B's. He would be cheap also, my only concern is we have a lot of these "2nd/3rd Liners" type or players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i prefer the bigger and healthier 36-yr-old Langenbrunner.... 

plus he was a key contributer in two cup victories with Dallas & New Jersey by scoring 10 & 11 goals in the two series....

perfect replacement for Recchi and Ryder departures....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like Sullivan, but he'd better be cheap.  He has a long history of injuries and pretty severe back problems.  He also weighs between 155 and 165, which is not exactly the frame to ward off injury, while playing on a team that demands a forecheck.

I still think the Bruins should start the season by filling holes with the prospects in the organization.  I think Caron, Arniel, and Sauve are ready for an extended audition on the 3rd line.  If it isn't working out or if injuries mount, then the Bruins have plenty of cap space to take on veteran forwards mid-season for another Cup run, just like last year.  There will be Peverlys and Kellys on the market again next spring.  Guys like Sullivan might be available then too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Sullivan-no...Langenbrunner-yes                                                                                                                                                                   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Veteran replacement for Recchi:
    i prefer the bigger and healthier 36-yr-old Langenbrunner....  plus he was a key contributer in two cup victories with Dallas & New Jersey by scoring 10 & 11 goals in the two series.... perfect replacement for Recchi and Ryder departures....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

Very good idea. What's he looking for ($)? Get it done for $2million or less.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I've said it already Steve Sullivan is the perfect fit..right handed winger with speed to burn and a hunger for the cup...get it done

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

They no longer need an aged veteran presence.  They are all now experienced veterans.  Recchi has now passed that torch proudly.  Effectively as possible, I might add.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I dont think they NEED to replace Rex.  ESPECIALLY with Langenbrunner.  I dont know why, but Ive NEVER liked that guy.  I dont know why, but I always thought he was the reason Claude got run out of Jersey.  He seems like a real dink in my opinion.  I just dont see him as a good fit with THIS team.

And as far as his scoring, he's only score more than 20 goals 4 times in his career.  Never topped 30.  He's PROBABLY good for 30 assits, but at his age, you never know.  Recchi was GREAT fit personality and play wise, and when we NEEDED a left hand veteran on the PP Rex was IT.  Thats why they traded for him.  I dont see JL being a replacement for Rex because like I already said, I dont think they need it.  The Bruins have a LOT of veterans on the team, and with having won the Cup now, I dont see the need to bring in another "old guy" to replace a retiring "old guy".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i guess if the B'S do sign Langenbrunner it'll mean he wasn't the reason CJ got canned in Jersey....

the B'S don't need to sign any fa's for veteran presence as much as they need to bring in a player or two to better position themselves for another run at it next year again....

i don't see that happening by bringing up either Caron, Sauve, Arniel or any other youngster in the organization at the moment....  these kids have yet to master the ahl....

let's strike while the iron's still hot and with TT & Chara at their peak.... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Erik Cole or Steve Sullivan would work for me.

Don't laugh...but I wouldn't mind seeing Samsonov up on a line with Marchand and Bergeron. The guy still has wheels, and had numbers similar to Recchi on much weaker teams. Veteran presence, a fan favorite, friendly salary demands. Can do a similar year-by-year contract as Recchi until he wants to retire. Has played for Boston, Carolina and Chicago (among others) but never during their cup-winning seasons. If it doesn't work out, Pevs can be bumped up and Samsonov would be a legit 3rd line winger, too.

They could do worse...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Im not laughing, Im sitting here with my jaw on the floor.

The only thing Samsonov ever did WELL, CONSISTENTLY, was skate around in circles, hogging the puck from teammates until the opposition lined him up, leveled him and took off with the puck.  NO THANKS!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Erik Cole or Steve Sullivan would work for me. Don't laugh...but I wouldn't mind seeing Samsonov up on a line with Marchand and Bergeron. The guy still has wheels, and had numbers similar to Recchi on much weaker teams. Veteran presence, a fan favorite, friendly salary demands. Can do a similar year-by-year contract as Recchi until he wants to retire. Has played for Boston, Carolina and Chicago (among others) but never during their cup-winning seasons. If it doesn't work out, Pevs can be bumped up and Samsonov would be a legit 3rd line winger, too. They could do worse...
    Posted by asmaha

Oh please, not another player with motivational issues. There's a reason Samsonov has been on 5 teams in 6 seasons. I wouldn't mind them signing Cole or Sullivan instead.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

man...nashville can't score in a w.hore house  and you want this stiff...why? give suave a shot or arniel or knight...oe re sign slyder  but man skip this dude

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainsy1. Show rainsy1's posts

I also don't think they a vet at this point. There shoulrd be a team full of experience after this year Let one of the kids (Caron/ Arniel/ ???? ) fit in til he loses the job.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Tardo post, a guy that plays 1/2 the season?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Recchi was acquired at the trade deadline, another veteran maybe available if the Bs are in need of an experienced and professional leader at the trade deadline.  I would take Cole over most mentioned, yet again he is injury prone.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Tardo post, a guy that plays 1/2 the season?
    Posted by number08

And Bergeron never missed any time, right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

The 1st concern for PC is to extend Bergeron and Krejci contracts for another 2 yrs.. and sign Marchand for 3 yrs. Rask can be a decision half way through season about contract extension.

If we look at the line up from here:

Looch Krejci Horton (still young line)
    Marchand Bergy Seguin (still a young line)
    Kelly,Paille and Peverly (are good for a year)
    Campbell Thornton (are under contract)

Savard  is a big ? But if does come back next season

Looch Krejci Horton
    Marchand Bergy Seguin
    Kelly Savard Peverly
    Paille Campbell Thorn/Caron

Chara Sieds
    Jovanoski Boychuk
    Ference Mcquaid
    Kampfer

I believe we should get solid vet d man first ie Jovanoski if he is willing to sign for one year.

If Savard career is finish then I would take a crack at Leino or Arnott

But i am just a great fan of the bruins not a GM or coach.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

what about verbeta he played for phoenix last year i am not sure i pronounced his name right but would he be a good pickup.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

I like Sullivan, but he'd better be cheap.  He has a long history of injuries and pretty severe back problems.  He also weighs between 155 and 165, which is not exactly the frame to ward off injury, while playing on a team that demands a forecheck. I still think the Bruins should start the season by filling holes with the prospects in the organization.  I think Caron, Arniel, and Sauve are ready for an extended audition on the 3rd line.  If it isn't working out or if injuries mount, then the Bruins have plenty of cap space to take on veteran forwards mid-season for another Cup run, just like last year.  There will be Peverlys and Kellys on the market again next spring.  Guys like Sullivan might be available then too.
    Posted by Fletcher1
    Ok Fletch, I am with you on this one. I would be very happy to see either Caron, Arniel or Sauve up with the Bruins on the third line this season. Let it ride to start the season and then add someone at the mid-point on the cheap, like a Sullivan.

I have to wonder about the chemistry here. That second line seemed to be a perfect fit. It would probably be easier to bump someone like Peverly or Seguin, who has been with the team, and then slot in someone from Providence to take their place on the third line. But from an organizational perspective, Chiarelli has to make a concerted effort to bring up youth. I would hate the Bruins to turn into the New York Yankees of hockey.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

The 1st concern for PC is to extend Bergeron and Krejci contracts for another 2 yrs.. and sign Marchand for 3 yrs. Rask can be a decision half way through season about contract extension. If we look at the line up from here: Looch Krejci Horton (still young line) Marchand Bergy Seguin (still a young line) Kelly,Paille and Peverly (are good for a year) Campbell Thornton (are under contract) Savard  is a big ? But if does come back next season Looch Krejci Horton Marchand Bergy Seguin Kelly Savard Peverly Paille Campbell Thorn/Caron Chara Sieds Jovanoski Boychuk Ference Mcquaid Kampfer I believe we should get solid vet d man first ie Jovanoski if he is willing to sign for one year. If Savard career is finish then I would take a crack at Leino or Arnott But i am just a great fan of the bruins not a GM or coach.
    Posted by boborielly224

Didnt Bergeron just sign an extension this past training camp while they were in europe?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyDan. Show NeelyDan's posts

Talbot?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Neither...one of the posters was right. They tasted the cup. They don't need a veteran to show them what it takes.  You give the spot to a kid and let em learn the ropes and get a solid 2 way player who hasn't won anything and will come in HUNGRY and want to win. Like how the Pats do it. You have your young core and hey fill needs with players who want that last chance with a great team. Sign the players who you need to sign and wait for someone that has been waiting for a chance and dangle a second rounder for them and a little bit o $$$ like bringing back Knuble? Only $2.8...If not, they have enough vets on there now to pass the torch...save the $$$ and spend it on the players who earn an extension.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Soo.. all being said, Pitsburgh gets him for 1 yr, $1.5mil. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Sections
Shortcuts