Vezina Trophy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Vezina Trophy

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=669815&navid=DL|NHL|home

So anyone else feel like Rask was a little cheated by not being a finalist? Rask is clearly better than Nemi, but some how he gets in before Rask. Every stat besides wins Rask is better or tied for all 3 finalist. Three to four more wins makes you a better finalist? I dunno not saying Rask should of won the trophy but he should be the top 3 for it. The win should go to "Bob" of the CBJ.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Vezina Trophy

Probably better for the organization in contract negotiations that Rask is not nominated. Less levereage....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Probably better for the organization in contract negotiations that Rask is not nominated. Less levereage....

Very good point. Just like to see people get rewarded for doing hard work thats all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

i think given a full season, Rask would have gotten the wins and put up the numbers to get a  nomination.  I dont think he played a Vezina nomination worthy season.  The award has to go to Bobrovsky.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

i think given a full season, Rask would have gotten the wins and put up the numbers to get a  nomination.  I dont think he played a Vezina nomination worthy season.  The award has to go to Bobrovsky.

good post and accurate. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

A half season is always a bad gauge on the true worth of both teams and individual players.

With a full 82 games there is no guarantee Bob would have continued to put up the numbers he did.

We will find out next season....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

It'll be like Mason's Calder win. Where is he now? Backup goaler status? (*awaits tuuka-fall*)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The way he played down the stretch in Philly (6 starts, 4-2, 1.90, .944), and the way Spaceman Bryz played all year (19-17, 2.79, .900), Mason may yet find a home where he regains his form.  Heck of a junior goalie - 77-20-7 over his last two years.

I have no problem with Niemi - nominate him for sweeping the Canucks! - and I think it's Whatabout's to lose.  I have an issue with Lundqvist over Rask.  Rask had better stats across the board, including 5 shutouts to lead the league.  HL gets the nod because he played 43 of 48, and he was better in the final 10 than the first 10.  Rask, not so much.  Tuukka time will come - so yeah, let's wait until he signs a long term deal and then have him dominate the Vezina for 7 straight years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

i would vote for Bobrovsky, but if Niemi gets voted in by wins they might hold the fact that Columbus didnt get into the postseason against him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Well it is certainly not Fluery

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

strange conclusions from those voting, but, when we read daily commentaries, there are not very many mentally unique writers out there, particularly " Bleacher report", etc.[ Fluto anyone].

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

That's okay im sure he would settle for Conn Smythe,come on Tuukka show them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Bobo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Stats are misleading.  Smoke and mirrors.  Bruins conservative defensive style of play will make any goalie appear better than they really are, especially in SV%, as they will give teams the open shots from the outside.  Rask being nominated for the Vezina would of been a complete joke. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

this is fantastic news. I think Rask deserves the nod over Neimi. This will help a ton with the contract negotiations. If Rask was deemed a top 3 goalie in the NHL he probably could demand 6 million. My guess is he gets a 3 year deal worth 15 now. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to abra-cadaver's comment:

Stats are misleading.  Smoke and mirrors.  Bruins conservative defensive style of play will make any goalie appear better than they really are, especially in SV%, as they will give teams the open shots from the outside.  Rask being nominated for the Vezina would of been a complete joke. 

You could say the same about the Ranger's style of play. Does that mean Lundqvist should not have been nominated either?

A good goalie will put up the stats no matter the team he plays on. Sure, Rask may benefit from the system, but I gaurantee you he would put up great stats with any other team in the league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Wow. Thats bad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

kelv, clearly abra has no idea what he's talking about. He's just been spoiled with the fact that we've had stellar goaltending for the last few years. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Wow. Thats bad.

he's half right. goalies numbers will look better playing for Julien

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Except when they don't. Turco and Fernandez did not all of the sudden become Vezina worthy once behind the "vaunted" Bruins D.

Skill is also required.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Except when they don't. Turco and Fernandez did not all of the sudden become Vezina worthy once behind the "vaunted" Bruins D.

Skill is also required.

I think people have just forgotten what it's like to not have a Thomas or Rask quality goaltender around.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

Skill is also required.

I think people have just forgotten what it's like to not have a Thomas or Rask quality goaltender around.

You said what I was trying to say much better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Rask is every bit as good as his numbers indicate. People say that Thomas was a product of the system....I suppose the highlight saves on Downie and Gionta were products of the system as well?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

My Vezina rankings for this year:

Bobrovsky, Rask, Crawford, Schneider, Niemi, Lundquist

That's just me, but somehow those guys slipped in. I think one of Lundy/Niemi was like 12th in SV% or something ridiculous like that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

well, turco was taken out of retirement. not fair. fernandez, when healthy, was very good. and even guys like alex auld were okay. i certainly don't think the goalies are made by the system, but it does help their save percentage numbers. in the cup season, the bruins allowed the second most shots in the NHL, yet, they allowed 189, second fewest only to vancouver (180). Thomas had a lot to do with that, but it's a trend in CJs system. a lot of outside shots, from non traditional scoring angles are taken because it's pretty hard to get in the slot with the puck. It doesn't make the goalie, but it certainly helps the save percentage stat. 

Sections
Shortcuts