Vezina???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Vezina???

In Response to Re: Vezina???:
    NAS, You do realize I am a cop.  Still would want Raffi on our bottom 2 lines.  In fact I would want him on our second line.  Who else do I support?  The Gazoo Twins.  And Perry/Getz/Ryan.  Also enjoy watching detroit and all their talent. 
    Posted by shuperman

Might as well hijack this thread, it's going nowhere anyway.

I am a big Perry, Getzlaf, Ryan fan also.  Individual players:  Duncan Keith, Tavares, Duchense, Alfredsson, Malkin, Nash, Jack Johnson...many more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Vezina I think will be between Price, Lundqvist, and Rinne. 
    Posted by callodthedom19

vezina will be between Thomas and Price.....as great as Rinne has been this year.....it's a 2 horse race. But Rinne has been nothing short of brilliant this year....just not in the same league as TTand CP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Vezina??? : I couldn't agree more.It's such a ridiculous comment to say"he's resting on his laurels from 3 months ago" Ya that's exactly what he's doing -he's intentionally stinking the joint out because he's got the Vezina all sown up.It's as if he's sitting on a stool sipping a drink with an umbrella in it waiting for the awards night. It's in the teams best interest to get him going again but if Rask can get 'er done while TT can't recapture the magic then so be it but stop with the stupid goalie bashing (either one)
    Posted by Chef09

I'll be a staunch supporter of whoever's in net for Boston.Seems like a no-brainer but plenty of people seem to have a problem with that concept.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Vezina??? : And look where this team would've been in Oct, Nov & Jan! There's threads saying this team wasn't playing well. They were riding TT's coattails. Now that he's having a little bit of a rough patch & the team still hasn't been great for neither goalie you want to forget why the B's are even in the play-offs at all! Price has had a great season, but I'm a Bruins fan & it would take a hellva lot for my vote to go to a Scab! I question both your loyalty!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Oh....nitemare I am a Bruin fan...but I'm also A realist. Price...IMO has had far less to work with.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantownmofo. Show beantownmofo's posts

if the season ended today, most would agree (and IMO) TT would win the vezina. by seasons end if TT blows it im probobly gonna blame CJ. while i understand playing rask more often (past two weeks) gets him more ready for a playoff run, it could have thrown off TTs groove a bit. i say play TT more and give a chance to find his groove and earn that vezina that he so far deserves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

luca, what example would that set to sit your team mvp?  and what on earth has rask done to make you feel warm and fuzzy.  based on stats alone TT has had an amazing year.  Rask has been average at best.  The stretch drive is a hard time to get wins.  The Leafs lose and they would have been out.  They came ready to play.  We didnt.  Wasnt TT fault.
    Posted by shuperman

Shuper i understand your point but the peeps from the media will be voting for the Vezina know that it is much thougher to win games at this time of the year.  You where talking about the message that would be sent to the players.  Well The message that CJ would send is that if you are not working hard you are going to sit no matter what your name is.  And btw what is TT's record in the playoffs so far.  The only playoff round he won was against a week american league group (the Habs's C squad) because all of the injuries they had and TT managed to give up 1 week goal every single game.  Allow me not to feel great about facing a real team in the playoffs with TT in the net... especially when it looks like it will be the worst possible matchup for the Bs... the Habs!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Vezina??? : Actually I am a big boy and can say what I want since this is an opinion based site.  My Price rant was the only reason I made a post on here.  You are the one turning this into something else.  So do I have to drop my gloves with the 1st three people on here?  No, I don't.  I tend to ignore the trolls or so called haters.  Well sometimes. In regards to supporting TT.  I again encourage you to find it anywhere that I have bashed him.  You find me one quote I used to bash him.  In fact I don't ever recall getting off on the wrong foot with you unless you were part of the mob that was calling me out for saying Price is having an amazing year.  But even then you would realize that I said TT deserves the award based on pure stats.  Truth be told he still does.  But I still believe Price has had the better year.  And yes, I do need everyone chanting my name saying I was 100% correct.  Once again, I will say our season will go as far as TT takes us.  Why don't you call those out that are actually bashing him.  B/C I wasnt one of them. 
    Posted by shuperman

No I didn't bash you for Price when you first mentioned it. I said my reason as to why TT will still win it.
    I'm talking about last season when you & I had a disagreement about TT. Were you on the trade TT bandwagon & willing to give the reins to Rask? If you were that's where we got off on the wrong foot.
    BTW- Where did you lose your sense of humor Shupe? You're one of my favs on here. I read 90% of your post. My whole "are you that needy" rant was a joke.
    You're not understanding my point about standing up & supporting thing, so I'll just drop that & carry on.
    I agree that TT's game isn't where it needs to be. However, I still feel this team relied on it's goaltending far too much this season. It's still that way & to find out that the PP is even worse since the TK addition is far from disturbing! I thought the Kelly, Peverly additions would help the team speed & against Van & Ed it sure looked like it did. Speed only matters if you're able to actually do something with it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Vezina??? : No I didn't bash you for Price when you first mentioned it. I said my reason as to why TT will still win it. I'm talking about last season when you & I had a disagreement about TT. Were you on the trade TT bandwagon & willing to give the reins to Rask? If you were that's where we got off on the wrong foot. BTW- Where did you lose your sense of humor Shupe? You're one of my favs on here. I read 90% of your post. My whole "are you that needy" rant was a joke. You're not understanding my point about standing up & supporting thing, so I'll just drop that & carry on. I agree that TT's game isn't where it needs to be. However, I still feel this team relied on it's goaltending far too much this season. It's still that way & to find out that the PP is even worse since the TK addition is far from disturbing! I thought the Kelly, Peverly additions would help the team speed & against Van & Ed it sure looked like it did. Speed only matters if you're able to actually do something with it.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Nite,

must have been a misunderstanding.  I never wanted TT traded.  I may have said his contract was off the wall but I said the same about Lucic, Chara, Ryder and Ference. 
    My sense of humor has been battling with idiot trolls of late.
    Amd if you read 90% of my posts you would realize that I am pretty honest about what I think.  I never take anything personal and love some good hockey talk.  

cheers  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Vezina??? : Nite, must have been a misunderstanding.  I never wanted TT traded.  I may have said his contract was off the wall but I said the same about Lucic, Chara, Ryder and Ference.  My sense of humor has been battling with idiot trolls of late. Amd if you read 90% of my posts you would realize that I am pretty honest about what I think.  I never take anything personal and love some good hockey talk.   cheers  
    Posted by shuperman

OK well? Won't be my first mistake I made. Chara, Lucic & TT's contract I have no beef about. Maybe the longetivity of Timmy's, but if he wins another V at the age of 37 we shouldn't complain about that either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Vezina??? : OK well? Won't be my first mistake I made. Chara, Lucic & TT's contract I have no beef about. Maybe the longetivity of Timmy's, but if he wins another V at the age of 37 we shouldn't complain about that either.
    Posted by nitemare-38

TT is a late bloomer.  Rollie is still producing at his age and I have no issue with TT for the duration of his deal. 
    And I think the 37 likely will win the V.  As much as I said wait till the season is over it applies to TT now.  He still plays 7-8 more games.  If he nabs 5-6 wins he likely gets it walking away.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Vezina I think will be between Price, Lundqvist, and Rinne. 
    Posted by callodthedom19

If Nashville don't make the play-offs Rinne won't make the ballot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Vezina??? : If Nashville don't make the play-offs Rinne won't make the ballot.
    Posted by nitemare-38

I agree with this and they continue to win. Nashville always finds a way into the playoffs. I should have thrown Thomas in with this alongside a Quick or Luongo. There is still quite a bit of hockey left. I just don't think it's a runaway like some Thomas lovers like to believe. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Vezina??? : I agree with this and they continue to win. Nashville always finds a way into the playoffs. I should have thrown Thomas in with this alongside a Quick or Luongo. There is still quite a bit of hockey left. I just don't think it's a runaway like some Thomas lovers like to believe. 
    Posted by callodthedom19

It was a run away for a while, but not anymore. I think Price & Lundqvist will make it close. And if TT doesn't find a groove again soon? He could lose it to either of these guys. And if Nashville makes it. Rinne will certainly be in the discussion.

I think just on the merit that it was TT in the early part of the season that kept the B's winning. Remember the 26-2 shot diff in the 3rd period against the Caps with the B's hanging on? There were a lot of games where the B's didn't play that great, but TT kept it going.

I think there's a lot of fans out there who really don't realize how miniscule his stats were. Which is great, but when you have a GAA below 1.00? As soon as he allows that 1 goal. His GAA looks like it ballooned. If the season ended today; TT's number's are still fantastic. I just don't understand why Bruin fans would want to take his great season away from him. 

If we had a vote between Bourque & Coffey for the Norris who would they take?
    I mean if both guys were having a great season? I'm not saying to be blind & just be a homer no matter what. It's OK to say that Price should get some votes. I just don't understand why they would choose the guy who wasn't a Bruin if it's that close. Be objective yes? Be honest yes, but when it's close you choose loyalty! I mean that's my opinion.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

No way does floppy deserve the vezina, he can't hold Rinne's jockstrap

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Vezina??? : It was a run away for a while, but not anymore. I think Price & Lundqvist will make it close. And if TT doesn't find a groove again soon? He could lose it to either of these guys. And if Nashville makes it. Rinne will certainly be in the discussion. I think just on the merit that it was TT in the early part of the season that kept the B's winning. Remember the 26-2 shot diff in the 3rd period against the Caps with the B's hanging on? There were a lot of games where the B's didn't play that great, but TT kept it going. I think there's a lot of fans out there who really don't realize how miniscule his stats were. Which is great, but when you have a GAA below 1.00? As soon as he allows that 1 goal. His GAA looks like it ballooned. If the season ended today; TT's number's are still fantastic. I just don't understand why Bruin fans would want to take his great season away from him.  If we had a vote between Bourque & Coffey for the Norris who would they take? I mean if both guys were having a great season? I'm not saying to be blind & just be a homer no matter what. It's OK to say that Price should get some votes. I just don't understand why they would choose the guy who wasn't a Bruin if it's that close. Be objective yes? Be honest yes, but when it's close you choose loyalty! I mean that's my opinion.  
    Posted by nitemare-38

The way I look at it with Price is they are not great offensively and they're thin defensively (have been for most of the season). Price has carried the Habs. Thomas has had a great season, one of the best in recent memory. When I look at the team though, up to a week or so ago they were top 5 offensively and defensively. The Bruins have been lucky that they haven't had a lot of major injuries (other than Savard but he wasn't the same all season) for most part of the season. Thomas has had the pleasure of having a very sound team in front of him while Price hasn't had the same caliber (team wise) in front of him. That's what I think anyways and I could very well be wrong, hope I am. I want Thomas to win the Vezina I just don't think he will. You can replace Price with Lundqvist as well in my comparison I think.

Sections
Shortcuts