Vincent Lecavlier

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Vincent Lecavlier

Is getting bought out.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426423

Anyone else think he'll end up in Van with Torts again?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Vincent Lecavlier

"Lecavalier still has seven years left on his Deal with a reported annual value of $7.73 million per year. By using the buy-out, the club wipes out the contract's value on their slaryt cap and must pay Lecavalier two-thirds of its existing value across twice the term of the contract."

http://www.capgeek.com/lightning

I think Yzerman takes a run at Horton now...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I wouldn't mind seeing him here! A line with him, Soderberg and Paille would be a nice 3rd line with grit and skill. Yes, I think Paille should be a 3rd liner after his performance this season.

I think he lost a couple of Chicklets Fred--The Turk

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I would if i were him.  This is the offseason we will see if Yzerman really is worth all the praise as a GM.  Lots of FA's out there.  Even more to come with more buyouts.  This offseason will be so fun to watch unfold.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I think this is a big mistake personally. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

also, expect him in MTL next season. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I would not mind him as a Bruin.  His skill would help and the supporting cast the B's have would help him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

I would not mind him as a Bruin.  His skill would help and the supporting cast the B's have would help him.

there is no room for a left handed center on this team. if he can play right wing i'm all for it. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I think it would be good for hockey in general to have Vinny in Montreal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"Lecavalier still has seven years left on his Deal with a reported annual value of $7.73 million per year. By using the buy-out, the club wipes out the contract's value on their slaryt cap and must pay Lecavalier two-thirds of its existing value across twice the term of the contract."

http://www.capgeek.com/lightning

Sandog, Nate doesn't like the Florida heat. Too many bad memories.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Yep, perfect fit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Sandog, Nate doesn't like the Florida heat. Too many bad memories.[/QUOTE]

Money goes a long way down in "no state tax" Florida. Who knows maybe he likes the ponies down there...Wheat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Re: Vinny w/ the Habs

It really, really depends on money. Montreal is as I'm sure you've noticed not really a Cup contender, despite their #2 seeding. They had a great year compared to 2012, but there's work to be done. The core of the team is pretty young; they want to develop that core to become the type of contender that Boston is.

They have some (not a ton, but some) cap space, but I doubt they use it to sign a 33 year old guy who isn't putting up superstar numbers unless they can do so reasonably. I know there will be pressure for them to do so because he's a local French-speaking player. But unless he is a financial fit, I don't think he'll end up with the Habs--I bet he gets more money elsewhere and ends up there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

It really, really depends on money. Montreal is as I'm sure you've noticed not really a Cup contender, despite their #2 seeding. They had a great year compared to 2012, but there's work to be done. The core of the team is pretty young; they want to develop that core to become the type of contender that Boston is.

They have some (not a ton, but some) cap space, but I doubt they use it to sign a 33 year old guy who isn't putting up superstar numbers unless they can do so reasonably. I know there will be pressure for them to do so because he's a local French-speaking player. But unless he is a financial fit, I don't think he'll end up with the Habs--I bet he gets more money elsewhere and ends up there.

10 forwards and 7 D with over 7 mill in cap room. I would think 5 million for vinny would work fine. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Leafs have caproom and a need for a centre. Not good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]

10 forwards and 7 D with over 7 mill in cap room. I would think 5 million for vinny would work fine. 

[/QUOTE]

Given what Vinny has produced in the last few years, is 5M for him money well spent on a Habs team that looks to be a couple years away from truly contending? I'm not sure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

you can't overestimate what a vet that has captained a stanley cup champion would bring to a team like the habs. He's also a big, physical, two way center that puts up points every year. Center isn't exactly a position of strength for the habs. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

He puts up points when healthy. He isn't getting younger. If Horton goes? Do we grab him for a wing spot?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

He puts up points when healthy. He isn't getting younger. If Horton goes? Do we grab him for a wing spot?

not a chance. if he was right handed, maybe there's like a 2% chance. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

you can't overestimate what a vet that has captained a stanley cup champion would bring to a team like the habs. He's also a big, physical, two way center that puts up points every year. Center isn't exactly a position of strength for the habs. 

That's true. They're thin in the middle, and they need guys who can take punishment. I sure wouldn't *mind* seeing him with the Habs. I'm just nervous that they'll overspend on him due to his stellar past and his heritage.

If they can fit him and not mess up the rebuilding (which I have a lot of faith in) great. And I don't see this management team making bad moves to placate the fanbase. But I'm still a little nervous about the possibilities.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

both Bergevin and Lecavalier are hoping another team steps up and makes Vinny an offer the habs can't match....

Bergevin better be prepared for the onslaught if Vinny isn't wearing the "bleu, blanc, rouge" come October....

ā€œPeople think common sense is common - but it's not.ā€

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think it would be good for hockey in general to have Vinny in Montreal.

[/QUOTE]

why?....  it's not as if the habs are having trouble filling the arena....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

Leafs have caproom and a need for a centre. Not good.

wouldn't that be a kick in the head....

i'd love it just to p.o. the habs francophone media....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

would you pay Vinny 5 mil. per?....

his better days are long gone and he's been injured quite a bit the last few years....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It doesn't seem so long ago the team owner was comparing him to Michael Jordan, a misguided analogy, at best.  And now bought out.