Vintage Matt Cooke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Re: Vintage m*** c*****

Why don't we just avoid any talk or reference to this piece of s**t, now and forever. I really don't care if he is a reformed man. Heck, I cut poster off who are just annoying, not headhunters like this dirtbag. Lets' just never speak of him again, much like the idiot who took a gun out at the Dakota Appts in NYC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Vintage Matt Cooke

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

First time I'v3 seen the Kieth one. What the heck could Cooke possibly be crying about?

I wondered the same Kel. It may have been interference but it looked like Keith got mostly shoulder on the hit.

LoL

That you Colin or is it Ray Shero ?...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Get a grip. Changed? Who do you think Cooke is, Stan Makita? Ask Eric Karlsson about how much Cooke's changed lately. For me, Cooke needs to be a marked man in this series who should be it terrified everytime he steps in the ice.

Hate Cooke. Hate the Penguins.And nothing's going to change that.

[/QUOTE]

And for the Bruins to play with the focus of Cooke being a marked man ? You can kiss your Stanley Cup hopes goodbye. 

Be physical, stay out of the box and beat them on the scoreboard.

The retribution you want doesn't win games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Cooke existing in the NHL is an all-time crime...He will get his, don't know when, don't know who, but someone will get him and it will be a vicious payback. Believe me, if any player ever deserved to be cheap-shotted, it's this guy---the King of the Cheap Shots.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

First time I'v3 seen the Kieth one. What the heck could Cooke possibly be crying about?

I wondered the same Kel. It may have been interference but it looked like Keith got mostly shoulder on the hit.

LoL

That you Colin or is it Ray Shero ?...

I'm serious San. The first viewing at regular speed looked bad but I thought it was OK in the slo-mo replay.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Get a grip yourself, I don't like Cooke, but you cannot deny he has not taken a headshot at anyone as he did in the past. He took less penalties than most of the Bruins last year and this year. I think he should never be allowed to play in the NHL again, but to say that the Karlsson incident was intentional is just blind hatred, albeit granted hatred. I honestly don't think he intended that to happen, skates come off the ice in the corner all the time and if you have one leg off the ice what is your natural reaction? Oh right to put it back down and stand up like any other 2 legged human.

[/QUOTE]

Great Post Lam!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

When dealing with this type of situation, I am a big believer in seeking revenge strategically, where it hurts, instead of going after Cooke directly.

If Cooke hits Rask when the score is close, take the powerplay, and score.  That's the best revenge.

If Cooke hits Rask in garbage time, the revenge needs to come right back to the Pens crease.  Hit Vokoun.  This is where Thornton shouldn't always be a gentlemen.  If Cooke plays dirty with Rask, make sure Vokoun gets it back two-fold.  It makes much more sense than chasing Cooke around.

And when you 'lose an edge' and barrel into Vokoun, say "sorry, but you can thank your buddy Matt for that one."

CJ won't allow this to happen Fletch. I think the minute Cooke goes anywhere near Rask you make him pay right then & there. Chances are it's going to be McQ out there against Cooke's line a lot. I think Adam will be more than happy to hammer on him & he will. Adam almost went after a few Rangers, but got pulled off. I think if he even smells Cooke near Tuukka he'll make sure it's a short visit. The other thing is that Tuukka certainly doesn't mind using the blocker (ask Lupul). The blocker is a beautiful thing it works well across the adams apple too. Fits the throat area perfectly. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

i wanna see an old fashioned beating on cooke so bad, one like years ago, who was it on claude lemieux ?

that video might be old but matt cooke hasnt changed,other than he waits now until his team needs a lift, i hate this guy, even what he did to karlson was intent, he has a good way of hiding it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Beat them on the scoreboard and send the favourites home early - I'd like more physical revenge against Cooks but now is not the time. The goal is to get the Cup and crippling Matt Cooke isn't going to help the Bruins achieve that

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Can't live in this past with this guy,  don't think they will be looking to settle any scores with him.  That said, if he acts up, I would expect a very short fuse in responding.  Like many others have said, beat this team up with the body and take the series.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Can't live in this past with this guy,  don't think they will be looking to settle any scores with him.  That said, if he acts up, I would expect a very short fuse in responding.  Like many others have said, beat this team up with the body and take the series.

At some point, Fat will catch him in the corner and rattle his grandmother's bones.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The chance to seek revenge on this guy came and went numerous times.  I want to win this series not even the score with cooke.  I would much rather they run letang all series and smack crosby and malkin around after the whistles.  

Now, everyone has a target.  Must seek and destroy everyone.   Id target the skill guys off the hop.   Getting in front of vokoun and kaing his life a living he ck obviously extremely important.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

The chance to seek revenge on this guy came and went numerous times.  I want to win this series not even the score with cooke.  I would much rather they run letang all series and smack crosby and malkin around after the whistles.  

Now, everyone has a target.  Must seek and destroy everyone.   Id target the skill guys off the hop.   Getting in front of vokoun and kaing his life a living he ck obviously extremely important.  

Is a must do, especially nailing Letang every chance they get. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Guilty as charged, I hate the guy.  As for the unintentional skate blade to the Achilles tendon, all I can say "it happens all the time", freak accident, and unfortunate are not in the vocabulary for one Matt Cooke.   

In response to lambda13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Get a grip yourself, I don't like Cooke, but you cannot deny he has not taken a headshot at anyone as he did in the past. He took less penalties than most of the Bruins last year and this year. I think he should never be allowed to play in the NHL again, but to say that the Karlsson incident was intentional is just blind hatred, albeit granted hatred. I honestly don't think he intended that to happen, skates come off the ice in the corner all the time and if you have one leg off the ice what is your natural reaction? Oh right to put it back down and stand up like any other 2 legged human.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

When dealing with this type of situation, I am a big believer in seeking revenge strategically, where it hurts, instead of going after Cooke directly.

If Cooke hits Rask when the score is close, take the powerplay, and score.  That's the best revenge.

If Cooke hits Rask in garbage time, the revenge needs to come right back to the Pens crease.  Hit Vokoun.  This is where Thornton shouldn't always be a gentlemen.  If Cooke plays dirty with Rask, make sure Vokoun gets it back two-fold.  It makes much more sense than chasing Cooke around.

And when you 'lose an edge' and barrel into Vokoun, say "sorry, but you can thank your buddy Matt for that one."

Fletch, you described something I heard Wendel Clark say a while ago in a radio interview.  He said in his day payback was on an equal measure basis.  If someone on the other team delivered a cheap shot to a top player on his team, the response wasn't to go after the one who administered the blow. 

He said guys immediately knew what to do; go after a top player on the other club and punish them every chance they got.  He saw it as the only way to properly even a score and suggested this action made some less inclined to try on anything stupid knowing their best players could suffer the same fate.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Beat them on the scoreboard and send the favourites home early - I'd like more physical revenge against Cooks but now is not the time. The goal is to get the Cup and crippling Matt Cooke isn't going to help the Bruins achieve that

Exactly.  Although I love what Evander Kane did to him. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Fletch, you described something I heard Wendel Clark say a while ago in a radio interview.  He said in his day payback was on an equal measure basis.  If someone on the other team delivered a cheap shot to a top player on his team, the response wasn't to go after the one who administered the blow. 

He said guys immediately knew what to do; go after a top player on the other club and punish them every chance they got.  He saw it as the only way to properly even a score and suggested this action made some less inclined to try on anything stupid knowing their best players could suffer the same fate.

It's a good thing this isn't really how things are done.  Imagine if some Bruin had gone out and drilled Crosby or Malkin in the head with an elbow and ruined his life also.

"You injure our star and we'll injure your star" is bogus. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

two points... first, rat cooke lost all benefit of the doubt years ago. it like a person who's had ten speeding tickets getting pulled over for speeding, and trying to convince the officer that the gas pedal was stuck. right. second, the eye for an eye (hurt my star, i hurt your star) approach, might give gm's pause when thinking about signing a player of questionable integrity (or zero integrity like rat). they'd be putting their high price stars health in jeopardy. not saying i agree with it, but its a different angle to look at it. but as a whole i would have to agree, the best revenge is to send he and his teammates packing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I hate the man.  I believe he invented that east-west check hit them on the follow through with the intent to injure players.  he might have intentionaly sliced Carlsson.  Anything bad that befalls him I have no sympathy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy70. Show bostonguy70's posts

P O S Matt Cooke...meet Mr. Boychuk.

http://www.masslive.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/04/johnny_boychuk_matt_ellis_hit_video.html

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Im hoping he has a miserable , miserable series.

I havent forgiven/forgotten.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Im hoping he has a miserable , miserable series.

I havent forgiven/forgotten.

Yah and his legal hit on McQuaid this year reminded everyone of Cookes successful rehabilitation. Its exactly the type of hit(s) that Samuelsson ended Neelys career with. The exact same hits that Cooke started off making a name for himself.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Love the way you italicized legal, San.  Got a kick out of that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And his stepping on and almost severing Karlsson's achilles heal wasn't intentional Sealed

Sections
Shortcuts