Vintage Matt Cooke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Vintage Matt Cooke

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

When dealing with this type of situation, I am a big believer in seeking revenge strategically, where it hurts, instead of going after Cooke directly.

If Cooke hits Rask when the score is close, take the powerplay, and score.  That's the best revenge.

If Cooke hits Rask in garbage time, the revenge needs to come right back to the Pens crease.  Hit Vokoun.  This is where Thornton shouldn't always be a gentlemen.  If Cooke plays dirty with Rask, make sure Vokoun gets it back two-fold.  It makes much more sense than chasing Cooke around.

And when you 'lose an edge' and barrel into Vokoun, say "sorry, but you can thank your buddy Matt for that one."

Fletch, you described something I heard Wendel Clark say a while ago in a radio interview.  He said in his day payback was on an equal measure basis.  If someone on the other team delivered a cheap shot to a top player on his team, the response wasn't to go after the one who administered the blow. 

He said guys immediately knew what to do; go after a top player on the other club and punish them every chance they got.  He saw it as the only way to properly even a score and suggested this action made some less inclined to try on anything stupid knowing their best players could suffer the same fate.

It's a good thing this isn't really how things are done.  Imagine if some Bruin had gone out and drilled Crosby or Malkin in the head with an elbow and ruined his life also.

"You injure our star and we'll injure your star" is bogus. 

Agreed.  It's misdirected. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

Uploaded on Oct 16, 2010

I'm no Cooke apologist (obviously) but this is an old video.

Also interesting is the incredible dives performed by DiPietro.  Goalies these days are worse than a bastid child of a French Canadian and a Swede.

True but for Cooke to get called all 3 times ON HOME ICE speaks volumes

He got called on home ice 3 years ago 3 times? I don't like him but he has changed his game and bringing up a video 3 years old isn't going to tarnish his reputation.

His coach and Crosby weigh in on this.  As expected they support the notion of him altering his style.

http://nesn.com/2013/05/matt-cooke-storyline-downplayed-by-dan-bylsma-sidney-crosby-who-praise-him-for-his-play/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Well it only took a little over a period!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well it only took a little over a period!!

Thank you for bumping this up. The reformed Matt Cooke!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Amonte said Shanny should suspend Cookie for the rest of the series!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bob Mckenzie said the opposite.  i bet he gets 1 gm max.  And dont be shocked if brad gets one as well.  

Healey.  Honestly.  If i could fight any person on earth it would be him.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Typical Cooke tonight, once an idiot always an idiot. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Bob Mckenzie said the opposite.  i bet he gets 1 gm max.  And dont be shocked if brad gets one as well.  

Healey.  Honestly.  If i could fight any person on earth it would be him.  

You mean after NAS right?

Seriously though, I don't think either player gets suspended.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NAS is my boy.  I wanna have a beer with him.  

I dont either.  I think it was typical cooke.  I hope he plays.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

NAS is my boy.  I wanna have a beer with him.  

I know just bustin' ya shupe

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NAS is my boy.  I wanna have a beer with him.  

I know just bustin' ya shupe

Pretty pumped.  love being the under dog.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't think a suspension is coming.  Getting tossed out of Game 1 of the ECF is a pretty big blow. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NAS is my boy.  I wanna have a beer with him.  

Yeah, buddy!  Let's meet in Boston for the deciding game of the Cup!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I don't think a suspension is coming.  Getting tossed out of Game 1 of the ECF is a pretty big blow. 

Nick kypreos on twitter no suspension for Cooke. That's good to hear we can get him in game 2 lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It's a good thing this isn't really how things are done.  Imagine if some Bruin had gone out and drilled Crosby or Malkin in the head with an elbow and ruined his life also.

"You injure our star and we'll injure your star" is bogus. 

Whoa, I'm not talking about elbowing Crosby/Malkin in the head and trying to end a career.  I'm saying that if Cooke starts running and clipping Rask like he does the Dipietro video, the Bruins should bring the same treatment back to the Pittsbugh crease for Vokoun/Fleury.  As opposed to chasing Cooke around.

As for the Cooke hit on Savard (a whole different topic to me) I hope a hit like that never happens to anyone...except maybe Cooke himself.

I'd like to see Thronton in Vokoun's kitchen, and it's not because I'm mad at Vokoun.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would love to see a Bruin take out a star of Pittsburghs the way Savard was taken out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Wow!! You are that type of person according to your post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Get a grip yourself, I don't like Cooke, but you cannot deny he has not taken a headshot at anyone as he did in the past. He took less penalties than most of the Bruins last year and this year. I think he should never be allowed to play in the NHL again, but to say that the Karlsson incident was intentional is just blind hatred, albeit granted hatred. I honestly don't think he intended that to happen, skates come off the ice in the corner all the time and if you have one leg off the ice what is your natural reaction? Oh right to put it back down and stand up like any other 2 legged human.

My thoughts are the same as yours. [/QUOTE]

Tell us more

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

Wow!! You are that type of person according to your post.

Matt Cooke is allowed to take cheap shots and get away with it. Oh please I do t want to hear from Mario either because he had Ulf Samuelson on his team taking out Neely's knee. So please don't mention that the Pitt organization warned Cooke one more time he out. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I hate Rat Cooke!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Get a grip yourself, I don't like Cooke, but you cannot deny he has not taken a headshot at anyone as he did in the past. He took less penalties than most of the Bruins last year and this year. I think he should never be allowed to play in the NHL again, but to say that the Karlsson incident was intentional is just blind hatred, albeit granted hatred. I honestly don't think he intended that to happen, skates come off the ice in the corner all the time and if you have one leg off the ice what is your natural reaction? Oh right to put it back down and stand up like any other 2 legged human.

My thoughts are the same as yours.

Tell us more

[/QUOTE]

This is lambda13's post which I agreed with.

Cooke hasn't had any headshot suspensions. There are many who also didn't think the Karlson incident was intentional.

I still stand by what the post stated. Good post lambda13.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Crosby's jaw is weak right now and he took off the protector... perfect target.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The only reason he gets a suspension is because of his reputation .  Although I think Shanahan won't suspend with the notion Cooke got enough punishment with a 5min major. I wonder what Torres will think when Cooke gets no game(s) ? 

I lost electricity last night so did not see the hit, only heard on the radio ,  what did Kelly do , to who ? 

Sorry Torres it's the suspension within the suspension rule. Bet nobody knows what I mean :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

The only reason he gets a suspension is because of his reputation.

Sorry but this is blatantly false. Your statement makes it sound like he didn't do anything wrong. Many here are making this into less of a crime because McQuaid kept playing (maybe Adam is hurt and he's just on tough SOB?) Regardless, Cooke will not change and by not punishing him, the league is giving him a green light to do this again.

Sections
Shortcuts