visa issues???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

visa issues???

does anyone understand what Kelly's "visa issues" are. Doesn't make sense to me. He's Canadian right? A Canadian who'se been working in the United States for 8 years or more. So he's allowed to work in the United States if he's wearing a red sweater...but not allowed to work in the United States while wearing a black sweater??? Anyone know what the deal is? Sounds really weird.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: visa issues???

I thought so too... add the fact that these teams all have an All-Star group of lawyers behind them and something really seems wrong here?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Kelly should use MasterCard PC.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

He is Canadian he worked for a canadian organization. Now he works for an american organization. So now he needs work visa's to be legally working here.

Whats stupid is this can take over 1day time so if he filed on wednesday it wouldnt be done till friday or later probably. He'll make his debut in ottawa vs his old team. Thats wierd man.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It's a matter of his residential status. His current work visa locates his permanent residence as Canada with permission to work in the US (many Canadian hockey players who are on one of the six Canadian squads have this form of visa) His new visa will have to have his permanent residence altered. It's trickier because though he worked in the States, he was paid by a Canadian company. They are usually expedited so this is not an ssue, or they are changed retroactively. In Kelly's case it just sounds like he ran into some red tape, which canhappen with boder issues. I wouldn't read much into it. Fisher had some visa problems too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

As a Canadian-American I empathize....the paperwork is not friendly by any means...It's all about where the paycheck is coming from...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

but ILH...why would it matter that Ottawa is a Canadian team...he was still "working" in the US as a Senator's player right?.Bottom line if the trade didn't happen...he could've played in Long Island tonight wearing a red sweater, playing for Ottawa "in the United States...earning money"...but he can't wear a black sweater and earn money. I'm not an Immigration expert...but it certainly is not "simple" as you say....it's def. weird

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: visa issues???:
    but ILH...why would it matter that Ottawa is a Canadian team...he was still "working" in the US as a Senator's player right?.Bottom line if the trade didn't happen...he could've played in Long Island tonight wearing a red sweater, playing for Ottawa "in the United States...earning money"...but he can't wear a black sweater and earn money. I'm not an Immigration expert...but it certainly is not "simple" as you say....it's def. weird
    Posted by macdogcharm

But he ws paid by a Canadian company. That causes a SNAFU.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: visa issues??? : But he ws paid by a Canadian company. That causes a SNAFU.
    Posted by red75

Exactly....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Posted by macdogcharm

He was working as a "visitor" now he is working for an american company so I guess the papers have to be different. It sounds dumb but thats really the reason why.

He was here as a "visitor" before now he's here as an "employee" so he needs a to have a special work visa rather than a visitors visa or passport w/e it is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

It even happened to Forsberg after he was in the states for a month practicing with the islanders before he signed his contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I've been working both sides of the border for much of my life for both American and Canadian companies. Sometimes I swear the two immigration agencies just like to f*** with you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

It even happened to Forsberg after he was in the states for a month practicing with the islanders before he signed his contract.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Maybe that is why Forsberg finally gave it all up and retired?...lol.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ha, I go to Sweden on a visit for a month.... but if I went to Sweden to work then it gets complicated.  A team can travel as a business, but if your team is in another country then the rules are different.  Nonetheless what Americans do best is make laws.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I've been working both sides of the border for much of my life for both American and Canadian companies. Sometimes I swear the two immigration agencies just like to f*** with you.
    Posted by red75

No truer words have EVER been spoken! I can TOTALLY related, Red!
    Glad to be in Panama where the government doesn't seem to care all that much!

Sections
Shortcuts