Vokoun back in net

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Vokoun back in net

Just heard on 98.5 that the Penguins Twitter is stating that Vokoun is back in net tonight.

Personally I would go with Fleury if I were Bylsma. He won a cup with him, I know all about Fleury and his struggles the last two postseasons, but Fleury has always played well in Boston and has a lot to prove.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Vokoun back in net

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Just heard on 98.5 that the Penguins Twitter is stating that Vokoun is back in net tonight.

Personally I would go with Fleury if I were Bylsma. He won a cup with him, I know all about Fleury and his struggles the last two postseasons, but Fleury has always played well in Boston and has a lot to prove.

I agree with you Kel. Fleury has won a Cup for Pitt before so if I'm Bylsma I'm going with the guy who's already done it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Talk about Bylsma throwing Fleury under the bus.    His confidence must be shot !   Anyway Fleury really sounded out of it in his post game interview.
    Get to Vokoun early !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Great news!

Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

This is fantastic news to me.

Fleury is at least capable of possibly returning to world beater form. Vokoun does not possess that ability. He's already done his best work in the past series. He will steal nothing.

...and I agree with you BsL, this must pretty surely end MAF's run in Pitt. They've just hooked their wagon to a 36 year old journeyman.

Me likey.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Actually, Vokoun has played better and more responsibly all year, so Bylsma is going with his strongest hand.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Good.  The seed of doubt has been planted.  Now lets water and nurture it until it is a full grown tree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

let's do some simple math... 3 goals on saturday(3per) + 3 goals on monday (-1 per)= 6.0+ gaa. sounds great to me! i'll bet he can't wait to face the b's tonight. it really doesn't matter who they put in, if the bruins play their game- they'll win regardless! i hope the garden is rockin' tonight!  GO BRUINS!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

let's do some simple math... 3 goals on saturday(3per) + 3 goals on monday (-1 per)= 6.0+ gaa. sounds great to me! i'll bet he can't wait to face the b's tonight. it really doesn't matter who they put in, if the bruins play their game- they'll win regardless! i hope the garden is rockin' tonight!  GO BRUINS!!!!!

Not too sure about that math, but yeah, if the Bruins keep playing the way they have been, it shouldn't matter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

Not too sure about that math, but yeah, if the Bruins keep playing the way they have been, it shouldn't matter.

I think he was trying to say that at the rate Vokoun was giving up goals on Monday (3 per period), it would amount to 9 goals over the course of the game.  He gave up 3 goals on Saturday so averaging the two would come out to 6 ((9+3)/2) goals allowed per game.  I wouldn't necessarily use this as an indicative measure of his performance tonight, but the B's have had some great looks on him.

Either way, I think it's irrelevant who they put in net.  If the B's come out firing on all cylinders early like they did in Game 2, you might as well lower the casket 6 feet under for the Pens season.  Come out of the gate flying and don't take stupid penalties.

GO B's!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

At this point, I think either is good news for the Bruins. MAF is done. I used to think he was the best Canadian Goalie out there, but his play has been so erratic that I can't see how any coach would be comfortable putting him in. His regular season was pretty decent, 33 Games, 2.39 GA, and .919 S%, on the 4th best goals against team. Nothing spectacular but  on a run and gun team, I'd take it. It seems, for the small amount of times I have seen him play, he just gives up really bad goals. The back breakers that kill a team.

Vokoun is just not a #1. He'll have great days, but too many average ones to be the GUY. Either way, advantage BRUINS.

And

If you are Bylsma you can't be blamed for using Vokoun since the GM went out and got him as insurance. (A little butt covering never hurt anyone).

Looking for a new "warm and fuzzy" Cup Win.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Why would you? Try the last 4 post seasons he;s been awful & even the yr they won the cup he was only OK. He was better in 08'. MAF is done in Pitts. Do you think Dan Bylsma didn't talk to his players about who they felt more confident with? Do you think Shero, or Lemieux didn't have their say? The Pens have now officially buried MAF. It's ship or sink with Vokoun now. No possible way they can put MAF in there & expect him to win anything now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

I think he was trying to say that at the rate Vokoun was giving up goals on Monday (3 per period), it would amount to 9 goals over the course of the game.  He gave up 3 goals on Saturday so averaging the two would come out to 6 ((9+3)/2) goals allowed per game.  I wouldn't necessarily use this as an indicative measure of his performance tonight, but the B's have had some great looks on him.

Either way, I think it's irrelevant who they put in net.  If the B's come out firing on all cylinders early like they did in Game 2, you might as well lower the casket 6 feet under for the Pens season.  Come out of the gate flying and don't take stupid penalties.

GO B's!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Right, it's just that GAA is calculated per game, or more specifically, per 60 minutes.

Vokoun has given up 6 goals in 80-ish minutes.

6 goals/80 minutes = X goals/60 minutes

Solve for X.

X = 4.5

Vokoun's GAA for the series is 4.50/game

Again though, I agree with the point.  That's isn't good, and if the Bruins keep at it, they'll be fine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Solve for X.

[/QUOTE]

Anyone else get the shivers and a awful feeling of doom when seeing that phrase?  It's been 20+ years and I still hate/fear/loathe solving for X.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Right, it's just that GAA is calculated per game, or more specifically, per 60 minutes.

Vokoun has given up 6 goals in 80-ish minutes.

6 goals/80 minutes = X goals/60 minutes

Solve for X.

X = 4.5

Vokoun's GAA for the series is 4.50/game

Again though, I agree with the point.  That's isn't good, and if the Bruins keep at it, they'll be fine.

[/QUOTE]

I agree; I wasn't trying to say his analysis wasn't flawed.  lol

I think the B's net 4 on Vokoun tonight and finish with an empty-netter for a 5-2 victory.  I feel like I'm betraying Tuukka for predicting the Pens net 2 considering how great he's played, but you gotta wonder when the Pens finally come through with a couple of goals.  Either way, I don't care how it's done, just win baby!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i had to look up (after you questioned my "fuzzy math") how exactly it was calculated. you are correct. still doesn't make sense to me that a goalie can give up 3 goals in 60 minutes and have a gaa of 3.0. then follow that up with 3 goals allowed in 18 minutes, and his gaa only increases by 1.5 goals? you learn something new every day. next time before i give a math lesson, i'll do my homework. if by the end of the night vokouns gaa is 6.0, i'll bet we're all very happy. GO BRUINS!!!!!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Why would you? Try the last 4 post seasons he;s been awful & even the yr they won the cup he was only OK. He was better in 08'. MAF is done in Pitts. Do you think Dan Bylsma didn't talk to his players about who they felt more confident with? Do you think Shero, or Lemieux didn't have their say? The Pens have now officially buried MAF. It's ship or sink with Vokoun now. No possible way they can put MAF in there & expect him to win anything now.

I think he is the better goalie. he was 23-8 this year with a 2.38 G.A.A and a 916. save pct. He has been to the Finals twice with a Cup under his belt. With all the injuries that team has had over the past 4 to 5 seasons this kid has been a rock. Would you really blame this series on Vokoun? I wouldn't, nor would I put all the blame on Fleury for last year versus the Flyers. Alot of the same type of goals.

I just think Fleury is more capable of shutting a team down than Vokoun is. His overall body of work suggests that. The way the Penguins have played the last two games, wouldnt matter who was in net. But going forward, I think Fleury, if he can return to form, and you know as well as I, if given the nod, that would do wonders for his shattered confidence.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Vokoun is the right choice. Fleury just doesn't have the ability to perform well in the playoffs. That has been proven. The last year he had better than a .900 sv % in the playoffs was 08-09.

Vokoun has played well for the Penguins prior to this series, which is something Fleury has not been able to do in the playoffs for 5 years. They might as well stick with the guy that has actually had some recent success.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think he is the better goalie. he was 23-8 this year with a 2.38 G.A.A and a 916. save pct. He has been to the Finals twice with a Cup under his belt. With all the injuries that team has had over the past 4 to 5 seasons this kid has been a rock. Would you really blame this series on Vokoun? I wouldn't, nor would I put all the blame on Fleury for last year versus the Flyers. Alot of the same type of goals.

I just think Fleury is more capable of shutting a team down than Vokoun is. His overall body of work suggests that. The way the Penguins have played the last two games, wouldnt matter who was in net. But going forward, I think Fleury, if he can return to form, and you know as well as I, if given the nod, that would do wonders for his shattered confidence.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think MAF's career is done, but I do honestly believe his days with the Pens is finished. I don't trust him and I dont think his team doea either. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

and everyone proclaims Ray Shero a genius.

I hope they get swept to the curb, and Iginla is left shaking his head.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

I heard the Bruins might start Rask again-lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Yes, tonight there could be quite a few pucks in the back of Vokoun's net.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

Vokoun is the right choice. Fleury just doesn't have the ability to perform well in the playoffs. That has been proven. The last year he had better than a .900 sv % in the playoffs was 08-09.

Vokoun has played well for the Penguins prior to this series, which is something Fleury has not been able to do in the playoffs for 5 years. They might as well stick with the guy that has actually had some recent success.

Only one of the two has proven capable of winning a Cup. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Only one of the two has proven capable of winning a Cup. 

Vokoun is the better goalie right now. If the Pens thought otherwise, they would be playing Fleury. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would prefer facing Fleury he has been absolutely terrible in the palyoffs this year

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (a walk in the park)

Sections
Shortcuts