Vokoun back in net

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Vokoun back in net

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Right, it's just that GAA is calculated per game, or more specifically, per 60 minutes.

Vokoun has given up 6 goals in 80-ish minutes.

6 goals/80 minutes = X goals/60 minutes

Solve for X.

X = 4.5

Vokoun's GAA for the series is 4.50/game

Again though, I agree with the point.  That's isn't good, and if the Bruins keep at it, they'll be fine.

I'm going to be a pain, it was a bit closer to 76 minutes Tongue Out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Only one of the two has proven capable of winning a Cup. 

Vokoun is the better goalie right now. If the Pens thought otherwise, they would be playing Fleury. 

[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be one of the most discussed questions in the hockey world if it was as cut and dried as you imply. I'll make my question clear then. Since it was you that brought up the idea that Fleury has proven incapable of winning in the playoffs (Cup be damned) please elaborate on what it is that Vokoun has ever proven?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Solve for X.

Anyone else get the shivers and a awful feeling of doom when seeing that phrase?  It's been 20+ years and I still hate/fear/loathe solving for X.

[/QUOTE]

Show your work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Right, it's just that GAA is calculated per game, or more specifically, per 60 minutes.

Solve for X.

X = 4.5

Again though, I agree with the point.  That's isn't good, and if the Bruins keep at it, they'll be fine.

Go to hell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

i had to look up (after you questioned my "fuzzy math") how exactly it was calculated. you are correct. still doesn't make sense to me that a goalie can give up 3 goals in 60 minutes and have a gaa of 3.0. then follow that up with 3 goals allowed in 18 minutes, and his gaa only increases by 1.5 goals? you learn something new every day. next time before i give a math lesson, i'll do my homework. if by the end of the night vokouns gaa is 6.0, i'll bet we're all very happy. GO BRUINS!!!!!! 

I'm just glad you didn't lash out -- sometimes correcting a person's math gets the same reaction as slapping their wife's @ss.  Which I why I am stressing that I agree with the analysis either way.  Go B's!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Show your work.

OH MY.

THAT WAS THE WORST.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Vokoun is the better goalie right now. If the Pens thought otherwise, they would be playing Fleury. 

[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be one of the most discussed questions in the hockey world if it was as cut and dried as you imply. I'll make my question clear then. Since it was you that brought up the idea that Fleury has proven incapable of winning in the playoffs (Cup be damned) please elaborate on what it is that Vokoun has ever proven?

[/QUOTE]

Let me rephrase "Vokoun is playing better right now." not necessarily the better one overall. Vokoun was brought in to help stabalize the position in case MAF started to stink. That's exactly what happened. And for those that were wondering if MAF was ever going to be brought back into the play-offs. Unless Vokoun falls totally apart the answer is negative. IF MAF would've come in and shown some signs that he was ready to come back. Things may have been different, but he allowing that goal by Marchand & Boychuk sealed his fate for this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

[QUOTE]

Solve for X.

X = 4.5

Go to hell.

[/QUOTE]

Already there!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Show your work.

OH MY.

THAT WAS THE WORST.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with NAS? What is happening?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

It's only a controversy because people want to make it into one. The answer is that cut and dried to me. Vokoun has actually proven himself capable of playing well in these playoffs. Fleury has not. If Fleury were left in during the series against the Islanders, the Pens would have been out of the playoffs in the first round. That is how bad he has been. Vokoun came in and won them that series. I don't see Fleury's performance changing against the Bruins, especially after the display he put on in game 2. 

If Fleury had come in and actually played well in game 2, he would be playing. But he didn't do that. He did just the opposite. What makes you think anything would change by leaving him in net? Do you believe that he actually has the ability to perform well in the playoffs? Because I am just not seeing it. If he did have that ability, he would have put up more than 1 good playoff run in 7 attempts, and none in the past 5 attempts.

Fleury has a career 2.73 GAA and .903 sv % in the playoffs. Vokoun has a career 2.38 GAA and .925 sv %. Even Vokoun's worst playoff run is better than more than half of Fleury's playoff runs. Tell me how Fleury deserves yet another shot to redeem himself.

PS. When did I ever say the Fleury was incapable of winning in the playoffs? He has won. He just doesn't perform well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm gonna to come down on the side of a slight preference for MAC in there instead of Vokoun, as a Bruin fan.  My reasoning is simple and is based on A) putting virtually no stock the performances of past years, and B) watching every game of the Isles-Pens series.  I honestly think that the Isles might win that series without Vokoun coming in and restoring calm.  MAC was horrible.  

Vokoun was good.  Then Vokoun was very good against Ottawa.  I think he's had one bad game against the Bruins, and MAC remained unimpressive in mop up duty.

So, there certainly isn't a 'hot-hand' to turn to, but I would say that Vokoun's is...less cold.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I've been that a lot lately - it's getting creepy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

It's only a controversy because people want to make it into one. The answer is that cut and dried to me. Vokoun has actually proven himself capable of playing well in these playoffs. Fleury has not. If Fleury were left in during the series against the Islanders, the Pens would have been out of the playoffs in the first round. That is how bad he has been. Vokoun came in and won them that series. I don't see Fleury's performance changing against the Bruins, especially after the display he put on in game 2. 

If Fleury had come in and actually played well in game 2, he would be playing. But he didn't do that. He did just the opposite. What makes you think anything would change by leaving him in net? Do you believe that he actually has the ability to perform well in the playoffs? Because I am just not seeing it. If he did have that ability, he would have put up more than 1 good playoff run in 7 attempts, and none in the past 5 attempts.

Fleury has a career 2.73 GAA and .903 sv % in the playoffs. Vokoun has a career 2.38 GAA and .925 sv %. Even Vokoun's worst playoff run is better than more than half of Fleury's playoff runs. Tell me how Fleury deserves yet another shot to redeem himself.

It's a controversy because Bylsma waited until today to name his starter for game 3.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

It's a controversy because Bylsma waited until today to name his starter for game 3.

[/QUOTE]

Which maybe a smart or dumb move. It took a little heat off his star players. Not much, but a little.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

PS. When did I ever say the Fleury was incapable of winning in the playoffs? He has won. He just doesn't perform well.

I take it you have me on ignore- which is fine, but his is like the 4th time in a wk you repeated something I said.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I take it you have me on ignore- which is fine, but his is like the 4th time in a wk you repeated something I said.

I don't have you on ignore. In fact, I don't have anyone on ignore.

I was just writing my post as you posted yours, so I didn't see it. Not sure about the other times.

EDIT: After further inspection, I don't see any other posts in which I repeated anything you stated. Could you specify the posts?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

On page one of this thread you said, "Fleury is just doesn't have the ability to perform well in the playoffs. This is proven". Should I have inferred something else from that statement? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

On page one of this thread you said, "Fleury is incapable of performing well in the playoffs. This is proven". Should I have inferred something else from that statement? 

Performing well and winning are two different things.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

On page one of this thread you said, "Fleury is incapable of performing well in the playoffs. This is proven". Should I have inferred something else from that statement? 

Performing well and winning are two different things.

If you dont think Fleury performed well in the year they lost to the Red Wings in the SCF and in the year they won then you either didnt watch or dont know what your talking about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

If you dont think Fleury performed well in the year they lost to the Red Wings in the SCF and in the year they won then you either didnt watch or dont know what your talking about.

You obviously didn't read my entire post. I said he had one good performance in 7 attempts. That one good performance was the year they lost to Detroit in the finals. The year they won the cup he did not play that well. Since then, he has played miserably. Doesn't sound like a quality playoff goaltender to me, but maybe I just have no idea what I am talking about.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's Vokouns series to lose and should start. Bylsma should try to take a page out of Bouchers 1-3-1 trap if he wants to to and get back in the series, it's the only chance he has to help any netminder they put in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't have you on ignore. In fact, I don't have anyone on ignore.

I was just writing my post as you posted yours, so I didn't see it. Not sure about the other times.

EDIT: After further inspection, I don't see any other posts in which I repeated anything you stated. Could you specify the posts?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe it was someone else. I thought there was something about the Marchand non interference thing & another the Horton thread that was repeated after I posted. No biggie everyone gets repeated, but sometimes it's maddening. It happens on satellite radio when I call in too. I call & make my points then another program starts & someone like Kevin Weekes will come on & say almost exactly as I did. I'm like "HEY!" I'm not getting paid for you to repeat me dammit! Tongue Out

Sections
Shortcuts