Vrbata to the Canucks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Re: Vrbata to the Canucks

The proof will be the on-ice product.  While I like the moves that Benning has made, I doubt that this team can make the playoffs until 2016-17, at the earliest.  The West is simply too stacked with Cup favourites.  If you look at the playoff teams, it's hard to imagine any of the 8 from last year having a drop-off which would allow the other teams to squeeze in at #7 or 8.  Maybe the Canucks can tank for McDavid or Eichel.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to 49-North's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The proof will be the on-ice product.  While I like the moves that Benning has made, I doubt that this team can make the playoffs until 2016-17, at the earliest.  The West is simply too stacked with Cup favourites.  If you look at the playoff teams, it's hard to imagine any of the 8 from last year having a drop-off which would allow the other teams to squeeze in at #7 or 8.  Maybe the Canucks can tank for McDavid or Eichel.

[/QUOTE]

They won't make the playoffs but they will be relevant again. I like what Benning has done there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 49-North's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not even Jim Benning (really, who cares about Jim Benning) can save that putrid franchise and it's disgusting fans.  I hope every single Canucks fan sits and waits but never sees a Cup parade in town...and then the team moves to Bolivia.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bolivia Coca-leafers?