Wade Redden?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Wade Redden?

Really?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Wade Redden?

Very interesting, but I haven't heard the details yet.  I think...I like it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Apparently its a draft pick. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Could have gotten him for nothing earlier but didn't?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

Wow, old and done

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

By most indications Redden isn't very good anymore, but this isn't a costly gamble, so why not roll the dice and see if he can regain some form?

At the same time, I was expecting Boston to do more today than they did. Redden and a minor league fighter wasn't what I was expecting to read as the sum of Boston's Wednesday action.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not many defensemen got dealt today, and the B's clearly needed one so it's probably the best PC could do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

By most indications Redden isn't very good anymore, but this isn't a costly gamble, so why not roll the dice and see if he can regain some form?

At the same time, I was expecting Boston to do more today than they did. Redden and a minor league fighter wasn't what I was expecting to read as the sum of Boston's Wednesday action.

I'm listening to tsn 690 - knuckles is so bad, he's funny.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

I totally expected a top 4 defenseman. Being that most teams are only a few points out of the playoffs, were probably on the fence about being sellers. Prices were most likely to high. I m Happy about Jagr, didn't cost us much for a much improved PP presence

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Apparently its a draft pick. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Could have gotten him for nothing earlier but didn't?

7th round so basically for nothing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wow!  Providence is going to be STACKED!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Bruins7733's comment:

I totally expected a top 4 defenseman. Being that most teams are only a few points out of the playoffs were probably on the fence about being sellers. Prices were most likely to high. I m Happy about Jagr, didn't cost of much for a much improved PP presence

They basically did get him for nothing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Not many defensemen got dealt today, and the B's clearly needed one so it's probably the best PC could do.

I don't think it's a bad pickup--under the circumstances, as you mention, it was probably the best the team could do (unless you wanted Ryan O'Byrne). I don't expect very much out of Redden, but (kind of like the Benoit Pouliot pickup) it's a cheap gamble. Given the current situation for the Bruins, I'd roll the dice with him. For a 7th rounder, what do they have to lose?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Excellent move

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha77. Show tremha77's posts

Very disappointing move.

O'Byrne went for a 4'th.   Would have much preferred they beat that offer and got him instead.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha77. Show tremha77's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

In response to lambda13's comment:

7th round so basically for nothing

thats because he is worth nothing!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to tremha77's comment:

Very disappointing move.

O'Byrne went for a 4'th.   Would have much preferred they beat that offer and got him instead.

No.  I've watched O'Byrne all year.  He stinks.  He cannot keep up with NHL forwards and takes continuous minor penalties trying.  Avs fans are celebrating getting a 4th for him.  If PC is settling for a depth defensmen, then Redden is a good choice and he was practically free.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Bruins7733's comment:

I totally expected a top 4 defenseman. Being that most teams are only a few points out of the playoffs, were probably on the fence about being sellers. Prices were most likely to high. I m Happy about Jagr, didn't cost us much for a much improved PP presence

Your expectations were too high.  PC's big move was getting Jagr.  He got a depth FW in Daugavins.  I was expecting that his next move would be a depth Dman and that's what we got.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

The good news we got him for nothing.  The bad news Claude now has another useless vet that he can play ahead of the much more deserving and much more talented younger players.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

A decent depth defenceman 15 mins ATOI, 50 seconds APPTOI...nice work Chiarelli.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You've gotta have 8 or 9 d-men ready for the playoff run when rosters are expanded and injuries happen.  Even with Krug and Bartkowski, it doesn't hurt to have Redden there for depth.

Same thing with the forwards, if you can't get a star (Jagr is close), then have some depth.  I actually excited to see the Junk Yard Dog, Soderberg, Pandopho, Caron, Spooner, etc. compete for a playoff roster spot.  Someone should step up.  I have faith someone will.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I don't think it's a bad pickup--under the circumstances, as you mention, it was probably the best the team could do (unless you wanted Ryan O'Byrne). I don't expect very much out of Redden, but (kind of like the Benoit Pouliot pickup) it's a cheap gamble. Given the current situation for the Bruins, I'd roll the dice with him. For a 7th rounder, what do they have to lose?

As always, good insight from everyone's favorite Hab's fan...and I'm not being facetious.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Wow...Zanon or Motteau weren't available I guess....

Sections
Shortcuts