Wade Redden?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Re: Wade Redden?

Im satisfied with this trade. Its depth and experience we needed and that is what we got. I know some of you were expecting another big name, but that would have taken to much to get. We got what we needed. Hopefully he'll be better than Kabs was.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Has anyone seen Kevie and SanBrewie after they mocked me for mentioning what Brickely said, about Redden playing in the minors in and out of the lockout, prior to hitching in on with STL?

They seemed to have disappered on the Trade Tracker thread. Gee, I wonder why?

Yeah, you sure showed them. I'm pretty sure they are crying right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Wow...Zanon or Motteau weren't available I guess....

lol colorado (i think) is paying zanon 3 mil.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If we see allot of Redden in May that means McQuaid his still hurting. What the move says is PC didn't want to take on contracts, or he would have gone after Boyle, with the cap going down to $64M next year.

PC also learned from last years playoffs that he needs bigger grinder Defensman instead of a small good shot blocker like Zanon. Greg didn't handle the big Capital forwards that well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Somewhat confusing since he was a high priced talent. Does this mean that PC sees the problems the Bruins now have on defense, and that none of the Bartkowski, Krug guys have satisfied Claude ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Wade Redden for a 7th round 2014 pick....= NO BRAINER !

A vetern defenceman. But. What does this really mean ?

I ask :   What is the health of McQuaid ? Is he hurt worse than we think ?

Does this pick mean they don't want to go into the playoffs with Bartkoski as their #6  

defenceman ?

Wade Redden has played 23 games for St.Louis this season....Is -2 with a few goals and assits.

In his best time he was a +23 to +35. 7th round pick. No brainer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

lol colorado (i think) is paying zanon 3 mil.

Yeah, I can't believe he parlayed his horrible playoff perfomcance into a decent contract.

the Aves are run by a troupe of monkeys...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Best part about this deal is that if Redden plays just 1 playoff game then the 7th rounder gets flipped to a 6th rounder.

Seems like even PC doesn't think this guy will be playing down the stretch....lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Really?

Is it any worse than bringing back Shane Hnidy?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Fine with it.  Look, the only Top 4 Dman to go anywhere in this trade season was Bouwmeester and he is in the Western Conference.  Bruins D is as good as any D right now. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

Fine with it.  Look, the only Top 4 Dman to go anywhere in this trade season was Bouwmeester and he is in the Western Conference.  Bruins D is as good as any D right now. 

And he didn't have an expiring contract, so there's no way PC was going to go after him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Underwhelming, but plausibly useful.  Any WC folks see him place recently?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

As most here said, not a bad pickup considering what was available, its a shortened season and too many teams still in it and Redden will be fine, good depth and expereince.

The best part about the day today is PC didnt have to make an emergency trade for a center, meaning Bergeron is ok.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

As most here said, not a bad pickup considering what was available, its a shortened season and too many teams still in it and Redden will be fine, good depth and expereince.

The best part about the day today is PC didnt have to make an emergency trade for a center, meaning Bergeron is ok.

he is not ok. he has a mderate concussion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Best part about this deal is that if Redden plays just 1 playoff game then the 7th rounder gets flipped to a 6th rounder.

Seems like even PC doesn't think this guy will be playing down the stretch....lol.

There's a difference between a 6th and 7th rounder ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

One guy will make the ECHL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Enough of a difference for this to be written in the deal I guess.....just a bizarre clause.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

A solid depth d-man for a 7th rounder, what's not to like.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I dont mind this at all.  I wanted him when he was released.  He can play useful minutes.  Heck he and chara could pair together again.  i think he will do well and force ference to play better.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

6th Bruin from the 2005-06 Sens:

Chara

Kelly

Schaefer

Bochenski

Eaves

Redden

Low cost depth d-man...not exciting, but a smart move.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

And you heard this where ?  From whom ?   Very,very, very curious...  ( and inwardly saying "please don't be so" )

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Redden?? I really hope I eat my words but has PC followed this guys career. Over paid -- Over Hyped disappointment where ever he has played. What -- couldn't lure Gary Doak out of retirement. Guess I can live with a 7th rounder. Again -- Hope I'm dead wrong.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

In response to DaveyN's comment:

And you heard this where ?  From whom ?   Very,very, very curious...  ( and inwardly saying "please don't be so" )

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=663925&navid=nhl:topheads

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Enough of a difference for this to be written in the deal I guess.....just a bizarre clause.

Very, had to look at twice. huh really?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts