Wade Redden?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Wade Redden?

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Very, had to look at twice. huh really?

Exactly, and the stipulation is if he plays a single playoff game. That's it.....weird.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Chiarelli: He Doug, I want Redden.  With Bouwmeester (nice pickup, by the way) you don't need him any more.  How about a 7th rounder?

Armstrong: Oh I don't know.  That's not very much.

Chiarelli: Oh come on, it's Redden!  He's been so bad and overpriced he got a clause named after him in the new CBA!

Armstrong: He's been logging decent minutes.

Chiarelli: Okay, fine.  If he plays in a playoff game, it turns into a 6th rounder.

Armstrong: Deal!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Somewhere John Muckler must be laughing at the irony of it all.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Chiarelli: He Doug, I want Redden.  With Bouwmeester (nice pickup, by the way) you don't need him any more.  How about a 7th rounder?

Chiarelli: Oh come on, it's Redden!  He's been so bad and overpriced he got a clause named after him in the new CBA!

Chiarelli: Okay, fine.  If he plays in a playoff game, it turns into a 6th rounder.

Great stuff.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

lol.....that is probably not so far off from the truth..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

darn.  this isn't as funny as it used to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6imWpYgTgIc

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Yes, and apparently, Redden hasn't played in the minors recently per Kevielana and SanDogBrewie.

lmao

is last season recent?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yes, and apparently, Redden hasn't played in the minors recently.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/trade-tracker-/100/6595196?page=10

2010–11 Hartford Wolf Pack/CT Whale AHL 70 8 34 42 -1 46 6 0 6 6 0 2011–12 Connecticut WhaleAHL 49 4 16 20 -8 26 9 0 1 1 8

basically lead Redden to get buried in minors (with STL).

http://blues.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8462033

Redden played 23 games for the Blues, did not get buried in the minors.

You posted ( with STL) that's why I posted his Blues stats.

To GNBs point, again you are cluesless if you think hockey fans on this board didn't already know about WADE Redden's history with New York.

Perhaps you should try the BDC liefstyle section :facepalm

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

In response to Stuke50's comment:

In response to DaveyN's comment:

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

As most here said, not a bad pickup considering what was available, its a shortened season and too many teams still in it and Redden will be fine, good depth and expereince.

The best part about the day today is PC didnt have to make an emergency trade for a center, meaning Bergeron is ok.

he is not ok. he has a mderate concussion.

And you heard this where ?  From whom ?   Very,very, very curious...  ( and inwardly saying "please don't be so" )

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=663925&navid=nhl:topheads

thanks for the info...sadly, much appreciated

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

No, I said his most recent work was in the minors and obviously off the lockout with STL.

You apparently didn't know he was even in the minors, along with ultra annoying "Kevlana", so you lashed out at me thinking I didn't know he was in the minors at all recently.

You dorks are amazing here.

I've been trying to keep out of this, but really?  Did you read what you typed before at all?

[QUOTE]

basically lead Redden to get buried in minors (with STL).

[/QUOTE]

You don't see how this can be taken as saying that STL was the team that buried him?  He played in all but one Blues game in March.

Nearly half of your posts claim that anyone that has either disagreed with you or pointed out a perceived error is either a drooling sycophant or a "dork" (when did that become an insult again?).  Nearly all of the bickering goes back to some post or another you've made where you've either jumped to a conclusion, made an easily misunderstood statement, or condescendingly attacked another poster. 

You may want to consider re-reading your own posts whenever you get a negative response to determine if there's been a misunderstanding, and then try really hard not to include insults when trying to clarify or argue your stance.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

I'm neutral on this.  Could this be a signal that Quaider will be ready come playoff time and Redden is just depth?

He's not the PMD/assist machine guy any more.  But,but,but, being experienced, Redden is less likely to pull dumb mistakes in his own end in critical games.

And I kinda hoped we'd see Whitney or Yandle under the Black and Gold April Holiday Tree ....oh, well.

For Yandle , Phoenix was looking for a top 3 forward preferably DK. Whitney the oilers have the 8 th spot going into last night   have a shot for playoffs, then Striet was off the board because NYI had the 8 th spot I think going into last night. Boyle  over 6 million cap hit for next year. But I hear you it is frustrating he couldn't get a better DMan. I always say Trade deadline day is so overrated in all sports lot of talk but really nothing happening. But I wanted Striet or Boyle but one wasn't moving and the other was the money for next year and Yandle is a pipe dream.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

I think we know PC went for it and assessed value.  Redden is no eartpop quake mover but he's depth.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

No, I said his most recent work was in the minors and obviously off the lockout with STL.

You apparently didn't know he was even in the minors, along with ultra annoying "Kevlana", so you lashed out at me thinking I didn't know he was in the minors at all recently.

You dorks are amazing here.

What?  

Redden's play in the minors was discussed extensively around here when he was actually playing in the minors.  He was discussed as a late season aquisition last here.  He was discussed the year before that as well.  And I know Kels and Sand were in on those discussions as well.

I must have posted that down goes brown clip at least 6 times since it first appeared years ago.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

I'm neutral on this.  Could this be a signal that Quaider will be ready come playoff time and Redden is just depth?

He's not the PMD/assist machine guy any more.  But,but,but, being experienced, Redden is less likely to pull dumb mistakes in his own end in critical games.

And I kinda hoped we'd see Whitney or Yandle under the Black and Gold April Holiday Tree ....oh, well.

Also remember, not that you wouldn't, McQuaid loves to throw himself into the left corner off his own net LOL. It's a saftey net and he has shown me with St. Louis, that team he played with not in the minors, that he has legs left unlike Mottau who was/is as painful to watch skate as Pandolfo.

Yah Yandle would have been sweet but Maloney, to me, is not an idiot I don't see how he could give him up. Maybe at the draft Phoenix might get dilusional again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yes, he is definitely better than Mr. Motteau, hands down.

Underwhelming pickup but better than last deadline...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The only thing that can be said of Redden is 'the best time to make a trade is during the draft'.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

The only thing that can be said of Redden is 'the best time to make a trade is during the draft'.  

lol.....hey man, where have you been?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How can anyone complain about a 7th round pick deal?

How can anyone who doesn't know the WELL publicized story of Wade Redden's contract/AHL stint even comment on his play?

A 7th round pick for Christ Sakes.  It's an incredibly easy deal to like.  It's as close to free as you can get without it being actually free.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

There's something like only a dozen or so 7th rounders playing significant minutes in the entire NHL (and two of  them are from the ridiculous 2003 draft). I don't have thave the paience to look up the exact numbers, but I'd hazard a guess that the odds of a 7th rounder being a significant contributor in the league are about 1/50 if not higher.

Like NAS said, this was basically for free.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Quit dumping on Matt Benning, he's gonna be a star.

Or was that a 6th rounder...?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Quit dumping on Matt Benning, he's gonna be a star.

Or was that a 6th rounder...?

yup, 6th round.#175 overall