Waffle Throwing At Leafs Game Leads To Mischief Charge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

Waffle Throwing At Leafs Game Leads To Mischief Charge

Based on fans frustration level, I'm surprised something like this has not happened at the TD Garden yet!

Too funny!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=346495

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Re: Waffle Throwing At Leafs Game Leads To Mischief Charge

I live near Toronto. I saw this on the news. The dude threw a lot of waffles onto the ice. And there's no place inside the ACC that sells waffles, so he obviously smuggled them in. Too funny. And I have to wonder...were they blueberry, or chocolate chip, or the traditional buttermilk variety? Kellogg's? Or the no-name kind? And why waffles and not some other breakfast item? I think these questions have to be answered.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from -sabot-13. Show -sabot-13's posts

"charged with mischief"

Hats are ok but waffles are a criminal offence...

The real crime here is that Toronto doesn't offer it's ticket holding fans a refund.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I propose Bruins fans start throwing gnawed Buffalo* Wings on the Garden Ice after the next piece-of-junk performance, chanting "Eat this, Jeremy, Eat This!"

* In honor of the city where the Grand Exalted Leader chooses to make his home and run his hot dog and beer empire from afar.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Waffle Throwing At Leafs Game Leads To Mischief Charge:
    Based on fans frustration level, I'm surprised something like this has not happened at the TD Garden yet! Too funny! http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=346495
    Posted by Bruins-Fan-In-MD

Bs fans are civil, seven thousand fans walked out of the last game.  I know it is almost criminal for fans to throw things on the ice in determinate to the players. Yet, the Waffle escapade was hilarious though!  Toronto fans have had it!  I will feel poorly for them next year.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm just surprised Phil Kessel didn't leave the bench to start eating them...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Best line heard from a Maple Leaf's fan:  If they are going to charge people for throwing crap on the ice, why hasn't MSLE (maple leaf management) been charged yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Gawd, I cannot stand Leafs org.

You think the Bruins abuse their fans ?

Here's an organization that trades away two first round picks and a second rounder for a marginal player, has not iced a competive team since 1967 and has long standing fans arrested and drug through the media muck for throwing a fricken waffle on the ice !!!

I think that Sports Illustrated rated 200 organizations in terms of fan friendliness and value for the money last year, and the Loafs were last place in both categories.

Still, Leaf fans are pretty crazy to keep supporting their team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

The Leafs should be charged for impersonating an NHL team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

They probably did do the guy a favour, but I cannot stand how the Leafs try to monopolize the entire Southern Ontario region by keeping a second NHL team out of the GTA or Hamilton just so that they can continue to abuse and overcharge their current fanbase.

Leaf fans really need to step up and show a spine. 

It would be hilarious to see their fans organize a mass waffle toss at the next Bruins - Leafs game at the ACC.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

This guy has caused more stir around the Leafs and the usually moribund ACC crowd than in recent memory.  His identity and the secret meaning of the waffles was on most of the major sports media outlets here in Toronto. 

Some T. O. on-air heads were even trying to delve into the "symbolism" of why waffles and not some other object or food.  Seriously! 

I think I saw a quick clip of some guys wearing faceless green masks, dressed in all green outfits sitting near the penalty box holding boxes of Leggo Waffles.  Anyone else catch it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Leggo My Eggo

I personally prefer the Blueberry ones.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

The meaning of Leaf fans throwing waffles ?

Best guesses, so far. 

Waffle rhymes with awful which is what the Leafs have been since 1967.

Eggos as a symbol of the overinflated, stuffed suit egos that run MLSE.

Who knows, really ?

Sections
Shortcuts