Waiting for a trade that will never happen.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Waiting for a trade that will never happen.

We traded Versteeg away for a bag of pucks and a used jockstrap...in case you forgot.

Oh, and I don't think he's worth a 1st and a 3rd either...a 1st should have been enough.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

It seems that no matter who the B's bring in, they get caught in CJ's system and the offensive talents they have are nullified. If you look at our current roster, don't you think they would prosper under a different coach/system/ Yes this is an old thread topic, but I think even Stamkos would be stiffled under Julien. Keep the picks and change the coach.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Waiting for a trade that will never happen.:
    Where were you last year when PC made that great trade that shored up the B's offense/defense in preparation for the playoffs? Don't remember?  That is because it never happened, just like the year before. So, if past history is any indication, everyone is going to be sitting on the edge of their seat on last day of the deadline, waiting for an announcement that will never come. If we are lucky, we might get some 4th liner or a washed up 36 year old who's best days are behind him; and an announcement that there just wasn't anything available.   Why?  Because as PC has proven over and over, he is completely inept when it comes to big trades.  don't even try to bring up the PK trade; no one ever knew we would get such a good draft pick, and it still has not panned out yet.
    Posted by dbg1

Hate to be negative, but heck, all I have ever known is Jeremy Jacobs and the Boston Bruins.

The best deadline deals or pre deadline adds was Brian Propp in 1990, and sadly, Sergei Gonchar and Michael Nylander in 2004 before the Jacobs' Lockout.

I can totally see Chia telling everyone the price was too high, which at this point, it seems like it would be. When Mike Fisher goes for a 1st rd pick, you know the price is high.

Chiarelli is so enamored with who he trades for and whom he drafts, until he pulls a Jacobs/Sinden tactic and needs to scapegoat, I can see him holding onto the chips yet again.

It was hinted at that they have a deal in place, which sort of smells like he's waiting to see if he can improve the deal.

So, it may be a lukewarm deal or nothing.

As I have said here many times, neither is appealing and neither helps what this team needs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Waiting for a trade that will never happen.:
    We traded Versteeg away for a bag of pucks and a used jockstrap...in case you forgot. Oh, and I don't think he's worth a 1st and a 3rd either...a 1st should have been enough.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

Wasnt it Versteeg for Bochenski????

Well that didnt work out :(

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I wanted Kovie last year and would still take him at 6.6M cap hit, to add a 50 goal scorer to  lineup changes makeup of team.

What has he done, ok a subpar year for him at 38 points and 19 goals, but he will score 33-35. He has 5PPG and 6GWG on a team that is absolutely brutal. This is a team that has had no D all year and their play suffered badly because of it.
    Their 5th d Greene is 1st  56GP  3G 16A 19P -17  1ppg
    2nd d  Tallinder is 2nd      56     2    8    10  -13  1SHG
    8th d Fayne is 3rd            31    3    4      7   +1          is 23year old rook
    6th D Corrente is 4th        22    0    6      6    -5             22 yor
    9th D Taormina is 5th       17     3    2      5   -2  1PPG      24 yor
    3rd D White is 6th            51    0    5      5    -3
    1st D Volchenkov 7th       39    0     4     4     2
    7th D Salmela is 8th         22   0     3      3     -5
    10th D Fraser is 9th         18     0    2     2      1
    14th D Magnan is 10th      18    0    0      0     -4
    12th D Urbom is 11th         7     0    0     0      -3
    13thD Eckford is 12th        4     0    0     0       -1

4th D Salvador is out         -       -    -     -        -
    11th D Leach                   -       -     -   -- --------

Add some D to this team and it would make a huge difference to team and Kovies stats 2g 4A 6P in 5 playoff games which parlays into 5G 10A 15P in 13 games we had last year, I add him in a minute.

Could have been had for peanuts, or made many happy and dumped Ryder.  I canèt remember our numbers then but I know I did up a cap look that would get the deal done under the cap and it should have been done.

Horton would be considered a big trade but it happened in summer aster playoffs were over when we needed the player.

PC is going to make a deal, will it be the blockbuster, doubt it, but still hoping, it is all ye got.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Big splashy trades at the deadline almost never work.Go ahead and name the last time a first line forward or top 2 defenseman was added too a team from February on, and that team went on to win. I'll passs on holding my breath. In Response to Waiting for a trade that will never happen. :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

Pittsburgh picking up Hossa at the deadline a couple years ago comes to mind.  Not a Cup, but pretty close.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

ok.  let me get this freakin straight. nobody - not one of you screaming for a move right now wanted kovalchuk last year? nobody? now I have a bit of respect for the kessel lovers, at least they still insist kessel is awesome. but now - NOBODY wanted Kovalchuk.  nobody.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I wanted Kolalchuk. Big time. I thought that we needed more goal scoring, due to Kessel being traded away, and there wasn't a replacement. As it turned out, we did need more scoring. One more timely goal, and we get past Philly. Then we crush Montreal, and off to the Finals.
    Satan did a wonderful job, and without him we don't get past Buffalo. But we need more scoring. Again this year too.
    I really believe that an Offensive Dman will help the scoring up front. But if we can't get that, get a goal scorer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

that kessle draft pick just got sweeter...there are other pieces that can be traded but that pick is not one of them...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Waiting for a trade that will never happen. : Pittsburgh picking up Hossa at the deadline a couple years ago comes to mind.  Not a Cup, but pretty close.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

I wish Hossa was available. If this team can get a real difference maker Hossa, Richards, Nash etc.. Do what it takes.

Otherwise I dont mind reaping the dividends of draft picks over the summer and adding a few complimentary pieces to this team. IE another depth DMAN and an Upshall like winger.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

We forget that trades don't happen in a vacuum. There are 25+ other teams out there trying to get the same 3-6 players that are on PC's radar. When a team gives up a 1st round pick (plus other things) for players like Fisher and Versteeg, that should tell you what nonsense the other general managers are dealing with. Someone is always going to overpay.

Thank goodness the fans aren't GMs, because by the sound of it we'd be throwing oodles of money and draft pick at big name rentals, then paying for it long-term with multiple years out of the playoffs. I'll back what Chiarelli is doing any day. This team is built to make the playoffs every year...which means every year they have a shot.

Hopefully he'll add some depth for the playoffs like he's done in the past, but save the big bucks for off-season free agents. Ideally the Savard situation is known before too deep into free agent signing, so they can take a run at guys like Richards, Koivu, Semin or Markov on the back end. Then again, those deals won't be made in a vacuum either and some dope like Toronto and NJ will throw the world at them...then miss the playoffs again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Waiting for a trade that will never happen. : Pittsburgh picking up Hossa at the deadline a couple years ago comes to mind.  Not a Cup, but pretty close.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

There have been many teams that have made smart, impact moves that have gone on to win Cups because of it.

Carolina in 2006 comes to mind immediately.   I am sure if I go back and look, I can find one every couple years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Patience people. With the toronto pick in play whatever trade the bruins make will be done at the last second. The more toronto dumps salary and players for picks and prospects the better the chance is that they will not climb out of the cellar, assuring that pick has more value. PC needs to let toronto play its hand first, then deal haveing a posistion of strength with a team looking to rebuild ... lets say florida again and possibly get 2 players like weiss or booth and Mcabe for the pick and a prospect or 2. But you need to let toronto clean house first so that a team like florida can feel better about what they are getting in return.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Big splashy trades at the deadline almost never work.Go ahead and name the last time a first line forward or top 2 defenseman was added too a team from February on, and that team went on to win. I'll passs on holding my breath. In Response to Waiting for a trade that will never happen. :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

On March 6, 2000, Ray Bourque was traded to Colorado.  They missed playing for the Stanley Cup where they lost with Bourque hitting the post in the last minutes of Game Seven of the conference finals which would have tied the game after his team rallied from a 3-0 deficit in the third period to 3-2. In 2000-01 which was his final season, he won the Cup.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Carolina acquired Recchi in 2006.

Colorado also acquired Blake at the deadline in 2001.

If you make a good strategic add, of course it can help a team that is close.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

IMO the B's should only add a true impact player i.e. Bogosian, Parise, Richards or nothing.  The B's have plenty of depth so adding a Bryan McCabe to replace a Mark Stuart to me is pointless.  This is a good team with a potentially great future.  Keep all young assets and continue to build this team through the draft.  Yes I realize this may compromise the current season.  But a good young core that should get better after this years draft as well as continued development of current young players make the future exciting.  And not worth compromising for a playoff push this year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Patience people. With the toronto pick in play whatever trade the bruins make will be done at the last second. The more toronto dumps salary and players for picks and prospects the better the chance is that they will not climb out of the cellar, assuring that pick has more value. PC needs to let toronto play its hand first, then deal haveing a posistion of strength with a team looking to rebuild ... lets say florida again and possibly get 2 players like weiss or booth and Mcabe for the pick and a prospect or 2. But you need to let toronto clean house first so that a team like florida can feel better about what they are getting in return.
    Posted by puckhog9966

I agree with you about letting Toronto play it's hand first, as that increases the value of their #1 2011 pick, however no way do I move that pick for the oft-injured McCabe or a guy like Weiss who's just beyond ordinary.  Only if we can get players like Bogosian or Brad Richards would I consider moving that Toronto pick.  McCabe and possibly Weiss for lesser assets?  Sure.

Sections
Shortcuts