Wallock is Right...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Wallock is Right...

The Bruins right now are a good team, but definitely not good enough to beat Philly and get out of the East.  They still have a glaring need for a scoring winger (Horton has dissapointed hugely), a puck moving defenseman (as always), and possibly another center.  It seems that Chiarelli isn't afraid to do soemthign ballsy this year.  So, what do you guys think are the Bruins' best targets for each need?  i mean like, who si the best option (realistically) at wing, who si the best at D, and likewise at center.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Wallock is Right...

bean,

I swear you just wrote what I wrote a while back or we think alike.

Priority #1
    Top 4 Dman- There are guys to choose from.  Phillips is my choice.  Shutdown guy, shot blocker, puck mover and can play on the 2nd PP.

Priority #2
    Scoring winger- Numerous names mentioned.  I am sticking with Penner.

Priority #3
    3rd Line Center- Frans Neilson or Eric Belanger.  Both are solid in both ends, good on the draws and can chip in.

I wouldnt touch  Bergie/MR/BM line.  I would add the scoring winger to the Lucic/Krecji combo.  The 3rd line would be Frans/Horton/Ryder.  
    Campy/Thorton/Seguin would be my 4th line in the playoffs.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

It's Wallach you idiot....and he knows nothing about hockey. He's a basketball goof

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In order to fullfill there needs PC must wait for a call on the bait that he threw out, meaning he would trade the 1st pick (tor). Theres very few players available right now that can fullfill the needs.
    Nash be nice , calling someone an idiot is childish especially over the spelling of ones name.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Dont the Bruins have the better of Philly, Pitt & Wash., so far this year?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Wallock is Right...:
    [QUOTE]Dont the Bruins have the better of Philly, Pitt & Wash., so far this year?
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    Yes they do have the better of all those teams yet we still have some on here(looking at you Beantown)who claim Boston "definitely" can't beat Philly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Who is Wallock??  I'm in the Phillips camp. Should take either Wheeler or Stuart plus a mis-level pick. That leaves Boychuck available for trade #2. If Chia uses the #1 pick he will get a quality forward in return, not someone who has been bandied about, but more like a Kesler-type, young strong and a scorer. Why pick on Horton? He looked great last nite as did Kreji's line. IMO the Bruins should keep Kreji's line, they are just restoring their chemistry; Keep Bergeron's line, they have chemistry,but REX is really slowing down and it's noticeable against a fast team where he cheats toward defense; Claude will not give up Ryder even tho he sleeps thru half of each game; Hamill looks OK,plus he has played with Caron; and I'd like to see a 4th line of Campbell/Wheele/Paille. We do NOT need Thornton, and that much speed and Campbell's smarts on the 4th line would be very helpful. If Chia goes for an experienced center then he is acknowledging that Hamill is good, but not as good as he needs. This doesn't leave much room for anyone except a Wheeler replacement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

I think at this point, there is no clear cut "best team" out there anymore.  The Penguins when healthy are great, but they can be beat.  The Caps dont really scare me and neither does Philly.  IF the Bruins play to what they are capable of, they can beat any team.  I honestly think the only thing holding the Bruins back is Claude....his system isnt what this team needs.  Keep in mind that every team in contention needs a puck moving defenseman....they are rare and when they are available, expensive. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]I think at this point, there is no clear cut "best team" out there anymore.  The Penguins when healthy are great, but they can be beat.  The Caps dont really scare me and neither does Philly.  IF the Bruins play to what they are capable of, they can beat any team.  I honestly think the only thing holding the Bruins back is Claude....his system isnt what this team needs.  Keep in mind that every team in contention needs a puck moving defenseman....they are rare and when they are available, expensive. 
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]

We have what it takes to land a top puck moving D-man  and a top line scorer... we have 2 first round picks that teams are foaming at the mouth to pick up. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wallock is Right... : Yes they do have the better of all those teams yet we still have some on here(looking at you Beantown)who claim Boston "definitely" can't beat Philly.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that it's a fact.  I just personally don't believe the Bruins will be able to beat Philly in the playoffs.  They sure as hell can, but I don't know if they will.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Wallock is Right...:
    [QUOTE]The Bruins right now are a good team, but definitely not good enough to beat Philly and get out of the East.  They still have a glaring need for a scoring winger (Horton has dissapointed hugely), a puck moving defenseman (as always), and possibly another center.  It seems that Chiarelli isn't afraid to do soemthign ballsy this year.  So, what do you guys think are the Bruins' best targets for each need?  i mean like, who si the best option (realistically) at wing, who si the best at D, and likewise at center.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]
    This seems like you think it's a fact.I'm with you though.I think they could beat Philly but it would be difficult at best.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Don't know who Wallock is, but I agree.  This is what they do every year. Good team, will overachieve and then tease fans with a massive brawl and then collapse.

They need a puck moving defenseman and a winger who skate.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wallock is Right... : I didn't say that it's a fact.  I just personally don't believe the Bruins will be able to beat Philly in the playoffs.  They sure as hell can, but I don't know if they will.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

You can't get enough guys to make this a certainty, not in this NHL and this day and age.

Lookit the Penguins.  how happy would you be with that line up?  What are their odds now.

IMO the Flyers underachieved last year regular season clearly, and they are overachieving this year.

Everybody is screaming for a trade.

I say we don't have to have one more this or one more that.  From what we can get from what we would likely be willing to part with it's unlikely they we get someone to make us much better.

The reverse situation is likely, that we lose assets to make us only slightly better or mortgage the future for assets that will make us even more slightly better still.

In other words, I just don't see a deal out there that will make this team that much better.

Richards, Iginla are pipe dreams.

Great deals like the Kessel thing don't happen all the time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Phillips is not a mobile puck moving defenseman I don't where this comes from or what anyone is watching when they see Chris play the Bruins have enough defenseman who get skated around by quick teams like Montreal and Detroit. The Bruins have major troubles getting the puck out of their own zone Phillips is not going cure this whatsoever.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

Never mind Philly, I don't think they can beat the Habs. Let in 4 power play goals against a team missing it's top 2 D and top forward. Plus they won't be fighting in the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]Don't know who Wallock is, but I agree.  This is what they do every year. Good team, will overachieve and then tease fans with a massive brawl and then collapse. They need a puck moving defenseman and a winger who skate.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

John Wallock from the Sports Hub.  I heard him talking about this the day I posted this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Never mind Philly, I don't think they can beat the Habs. Let in 4 power play goals against a team missing it's top 2 D and top forward. Plus they won't be fighting in the playoffs.
    Posted by Cashman72[/QUOTE]

habfan, b's are missing their top center and still won the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Phillips is not a mobile puck moving defenseman I don't where this comes from or what anyone is watching when they see Chris play the Bruins have enough defenseman who get skated around by quick teams like Montreal and Detroit. The Bruins have major troubles getting the puck out of their own zone Phillips is not going cure this whatsoever.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Phillips is definately not the answer.Offensive d-man ? Yeah right. Power play guy? No way. They need to make a bigger move than that.