WANTED SCORER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Re: WANTED SCORER

I am not criticizing, I am optomistic, But I am being a realist. At this point this wealth of talent is being squandered with out a respected goal scorer. It is obvious. There is no identity on the ice. I don't even think it is a matter of them being arrogant and saying we are the cup champions. I don't think it is not a desire to win. I simply think they need to get back to the basics. They need a MATURE...not of age but of stature...Leading man in the goal scoring position. It does not matter what it costs. Guys it is Nov. 1st. Not Oct 1st right around the corner. I may be senile. I may be worried. I have never given up and believe that you have all the talent in the world to repeat but why not help these guys continue to develop and give them a chance to succeed. No one should say that they are going to finish dead last or give up on them. But solutions matter and the Solution is a bonafide Sniper. Get one NOW>

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: WANTED SCORER:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WANTED SCORER : Joe Colborne has done NOTHING yet. He's TEARING UP the AHL. He looked quite OVERWHELMED in the NHL preseason, hence back to the AHL. The closest Joe Colborne will get to being a BRUTE is if he orders one from Boston pizza. The B's are Cup champs with Kaberle on their roster, Colborne is in the AHL and the B's still have the bag of pucks.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]
    This is pretty much bang on.  Colborne is still a very intriguing project, but while his offensive skills are very good, he still needs to build up his hockey IQ away from the puck.

It was a good move for both teams, Leafs need the youth and potential, Bruins needed a PMD. 

Bruins won the cup.  That's the bottom line.  Colbourne was not going to crack that lineup anytime soon.

I give PC full marks for everything he's done to get that cup for Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

David Clarkson - New Jersey??

Forget about Ray Whitney in Phoenix.  He's their best fwd.

Jarome Iginla would be the ideal pickup but price is too high. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Every time I look at the posts it sounds more and more like Calgary would be an ideal trading partner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Colborne is a project that could still hit or miss. Nothing more-nothing less. You continuing to refer to him as an impact type player doesn't magically turn him into one--Dezaruchi Dez, you indicated emphatically that he was a miss, not hit or miss, so now you're backtracking since he's showed some of his potential. You're a funny, funny guy with a lot of time on his hands. I'm sure you'll go back to the archives again as you have no real life. Have some fun with your archives today. I'm going out and talking to some real people in person. Ciao.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    When did I say that? What's funny is how upset it gets you to be constantly proven wrong with just a simple click on your name. Acting like it's some sort of challenge to belittle you doesn't make it so. Maybe if you say the same things over and over it will make them come true. No wait, that's your current M.O. and it isn't working. Why don't you jump onto some of the Cactus threads? He seems to agree with all of your ideas. You 2 are a couple of kindred spirits.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I said a month or more ago that the B's should pursue Jagr (4 goals and 6 assists already). But they apparently do not like superstars. They courted Chris Clark like he was a hall of famer, then realized they were wrong. By then it was way too late for a Jagr deal, though I'm sure Chia wouldn't have moved on that even if the Flyers hadn't signed him. The B's are content to ride poor Timmay into the ground and hopes he plays enough 1 goal games that a 2 goal effort by the Bruins will be enough for a win. But this is this year, not last year, and Timmay and Rask need some offensive help. Now that true scorers are generally going to be difficult to obtain, I'd like to see Caron go in a deal to include a player like Chris Kreder or Brian Boyle. I'm sure a pick would need to be added, but Chia never minds trading picks anyway. The change in chemisry a speedster like Kreder would bring (picture him with Seguin, or a big body on the PP like Boyle (Bruins have zero netfront presence, and their power play is the main reason they are where they are), might be enough to turn this thing around.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    All you need to do is look at LRH's post (just 3 posts up) to see what an objective Leafs fan thinks about Colborne. I'm sure you'll claim he's another friend of mine so that's why he said it. Last question, is your tin-foil hat a little too snug?