Warsofskee signed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Warsofskee signed

One year two way deal.

And please spell his name correctly when responding.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=30810&navid=DL|BOS|home

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Warsofskee signed

Well, he's certainly no "worse-off" then he was last week....(boooooo!!!)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I've said it before, I'll take Warsofsky in the line up all day over Miller or McQuaid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've said it before, I'll take Warsofsky in the line up all day over Miller or McQuaid.

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have either of them all day over Warsofsky and apparently Bruin management agreed with that last season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Personally I would prefer a "healthy" McQuaid. But that is a tall order it seems

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Based on what?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Uh, no offense to anyone here, but I think I know how Wharsophski is spelled.  Not only have I been one of their neighbors for 75 years, but I actually gave birth to David some years back, I officiated over the marriage of his parents, served in the CIA with his grandfather, and once had a torrid little love affair with his great aunt.  She was a naughty biscuit.

Anyhow, don't tell me how to spell his name.  Oh, gotta go...David's calling...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i think it's against the law to have two 5'9" d-men in the same lineup....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Uh, no offense to anyone here, but I think I know how Wharsophski is spelled.  Not only have I been one of their neighbors for 75 years, but I actually gave birth to David some years back, I officiated over the marriage of his parents, served in the CIA with his grandfather, and once had a torrid little love affair with his great aunt.  She was a naughty biscuit.

Anyhow, don't tell me how to spell his name.  Oh, gotta go...David's calling...

[/QUOTE]

Does he need his daily facial and foot rub? :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's good for the B's then that neither are that tall so they can both be in the lineup. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's good for the B's then that neither are that tall so they can both be in the lineup. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

they are with skates on....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Based on what?

Seen him play many times at many levels. I think if he gets a chance, especially on a good team like the Bruins he'd be pretty good.

His weaknesses are he is not as good defensively as those two, and he tends to lose battles for puck possession in the corners or along the walls. In both those aspects, from what I've seen, he was a lot better at them in April than he was in Novemeber. I'd argue those are McQuaid and Millers strengths. In front of his own net, he is very good at getting to rebounds before his oppnonent, when I saw him at the end of last year, it was obvious how much work the kid had put into his defensive game. Positioning was night and day.

First pass out of the zone, it's not even close. I think this is his bread and butter.This to me is one of the more underrated parts of the game.  Tomas Kaberle was a pylon in his own end yet made a pretty good career out of this. Very good on the power play, terrific skater.

I understand why people like McQuaid and Miller, I get why the B's management and coaching staff have them out there. If I had my choice, especially in the playoffs, I'd want a player like Warsofsky out there than them two. In my opinion he has the ability to have more of a positive impact on a game then those two.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Based on what?

[/QUOTE]

Seen him play many times at many levels. I think if he gets a chance, especially on a good team like the Bruins he'd be pretty good.

His weaknesses are he is not as good defensively as those two, and he tends to lose battles for puck possession in the corners or along the walls. In both those aspects, from what I've seen, he was a lot better at them in April than he was in Novemeber. I'd argue those are McQuaid and Millers strengths. In front of his own net, he is very good at getting to rebounds before his oppnonent, when I saw him at the end of last year, it was obvious how much work the kid had put into his defensive game. Positioning was night and day.

First pass out of the zone, it's not even close. I think this is his bread and butter.This to me is one of the more underrated parts of the game.  Tomas Kaberle was a pylon in his own end yet made a pretty good career out of this. Very good on the power play, terrific skater.

I understand why people like McQuaid and Miller, I get why the B's management and coaching staff have them out there. If I had my choice, especially in the playoffs, I'd want a player like Warsofsky out there than them two. In my opinion he has the ability to have more of a positive impact on a game then those two.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry Kel the B's have an identity in the league as a hard hitting, rock solid team. Warosofskee doesn't fit the bill unless it's to replace a Bart, or a Krug out of the lineup who basically all have close skating abilities. I think the B's are going to need both McQuaid & Miller. Not saying to not keep him, but I certainly don't think he makes Miller, or Quader expendable. Not yet anyway!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So he's similar to Krug ? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So he's similar to Krug ? 

[/QUOTE]

I think he is only in his skating ability. He certainly doesn't have the same shot accuracy. Which I think is the reason Krug is such an asset. Something the B's have been missing since Bourque was back there. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Good for Wojciehowitz.  He was my favorite character on Barney Miller, but he hasn't much work lately.

Are you not entertained?!?!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kel,

Great breakdown.  The thing that sticks out there is that he's suspect on defense.

McQuaid certainly isn't and Miller, outside of high pressure bobbles that lead to crushing goals against in huge games, is on his way to being solid also.

If this guy has an issue with puck battles at the levels you've seen him at, how's he going to do against the best in the world?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Whores-on-skis looks like he could be a good NHLer and fairly soon. I agree with kel's assessment on the kid's development but I feel like he's not quite ready for prime time just yet. He's one of the guys that I'm interested in seeing where he's at this pre-season.

So I was away in Maine for a bit over a week with no internet or cell service for the most part. I get home and check out BDC and find I missed....absolutely nothing.  I'm starting to look for Bruins in 2 on NESN, recording them and watching it when I can and pretending I don't remember how the game went originally. The season can't start soon enough!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

If this guy has an issue with puck battles at the levels you've seen him at, how's he going to do against the best in the world?  

[/QUOTE]

And this is why he got a one year $600k two way contract. This is how PC values him for the moment.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Curiously, though, jm...he also called the guy "NHL calibre" at one point.  From nothing more than reading tea leaves, I would have thought Trotman was ahead of him on the depth chart, but he didn't get the same endorsement.  Then again, the tea leaves last year would have told you that Miller was the least likely of the three to end up playing 40+ games in Boston.

I wouldn't read anything into the contract other than that Wojciehowicz hasn't proven anything yet.  And he's no Ute.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Curiously, though, jm...he also called the guy "NHL calibre" at one point.  From nothing more than reading tea leaves, I would have thought Trotman was ahead of him on the depth chart, but he didn't get the same endorsement.  Then again, the tea leaves last year would have told you that Miller was the least likely of the three to end up playing 40+ games in Boston.

I wouldn't read anything into the contract other than that Wojciehowicz hasn't proven anything yet.  And he's no Ute.

[/QUOTE]

True. Miller, however did make the team out of camp. I guess we will see how this camp unfolds in a few months.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The simple fact that Whoresoftee posesses a similar skillset and size to Kroog makes him...

A. an injury replacement

B. trade bait.

What did the B's miss in the playoffs last year?? Another big bodied defensive presence in front of the net and in the corners. You can carry one undersized "PMD" on a team, not two.

thus McQwade or Millar > Whoresoftee

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

Kel,

Great breakdown.  The thing that sticks out there is that he's suspect on defense.

McQuaid certainly isn't and Miller, outside of high pressure bobbles that lead to crushing goals against in huge games, is on his way to being solid also.

[/QUOTE]

In my opinion he has improved this aspect of his game. Still not as good as McQuaid, and at his size he may never be. I'm totally guessing here but I'd say the improvements are due to positioning and working on his upper body strength. If he continues to improve this part of his game, where he closes the gap between him and the other bubble guys I think his ability with the puck gives him an edge over them.

In my view you don't always have to be 6 foot something to be effective in the corners or on front of the net. A smaller defenseman with strong skating ability and good positioning can be very effective. They learn how to use their lack of size as an advantage. Will he be able to do this? I don't know, but his work in his own zone has come a long way since as recent as a year ago. He also has some pretty good resources in Sweeney, Bourque and even Krug to lean on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The other thing we haven't considered is that Willywonka bolts for his chocolate factory if he doesn't make the big club out of camp.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:[QUOTE] So he's similar to Krug ? [/QUOTE]

Can't stand the fact that college boy is smoking Hamilton offensively ?

There really isn't much difference defensively, only in height...Heh heh

Sections
Shortcuts