Was Felger molested by Claude Julien?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Was Felger molested by Claude Julien?

Seriously, the guy has a serious agenda against Julien and it's getting downright embarassing to listen to.

He more or less said that if the Bruins won it all, it's because Julien lucked into it.  Julien gets the Bruins into the ECF for the first time in nearly 20 years and all Felger can do is nitpick and scream about what an inept coach he is.

Anyone else notice, or is it just me?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: Was Felger molested by Claude Julien?

You mean notice that Felger is a dope who knows absolutely nothing about the game of hockey and should stick to ball washing Bill Belichick?  Yeah, I noticed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Felger and Mazz are probably the least qualified to talk about hockey. Actually, Felger isn't really qualified to talk about anything but he is entertaining.

But is it really that much different than the POV we see here?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the real question is how many of our own posters have been molested by julien?i'm sure IF(hate to even say it) the b's lose tonight, we'll see "fire julien" posts all day tommorrow. seven straight wins is the only cure. let's hope they get them!!! GO BRUIN'S

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

In Response to Re: Was Felger molested by Claude Julien?:
    [QUOTE] But is it really that much different than the POV we see here?
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Sadly, no.

Look, Claude isnt perfect. He's done some things during his tenure that have left me scratching my head.

That being said, Look at the parade of Coaches before him. (Dave Lewis, anyone?) Julien has gotten us to the playoffs 4 straight years, into the 2nd round 3 straight years and now into the ECF. He's a better coach than most will admit to. 

I just think he gets too much flak, which is obvious given that despite being 3 wins from the finals, he's STILL being dumped on by some

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PheltSaucier. Show PheltSaucier's posts

He's right. The team has consistently been the least-prepared team in the playoffs. They're winning despite Julien. I'm the son of a hell of a hockey coach and have NEVER once jumped on a "fire the coach" bandwagon, but since about 3 weeks left in the season, it's time to see the forest for the trees. The team had nearly 10 days to prepare for the ECF and get 3 horrible goals scored and 0-4 on PP? That's bad coaching. Did they learn? No, 13 seconds into game 2 ... AND Seguin never saw the ice, but Thornton has and what happens when Seguin finally gets to play? ... Cup or no Cup, this team needs a better coach.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Maz is OK, he doesnt try to talk about stuff he isn't eduacated in with an authoritative tone. Infact the other day he was talking Felger down from one of his idiotic PC and CJ are "average" rants and that Bergeron and Krejci weren't "that good"....

Sometimes I just want to call in and scream at him, but I never get through oh well.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Sports radio is entertainment first and foremost.  Take it with a grain of salt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Phelt: to say they got this far despite the coach is asinine.

Everyone is whining about Seguin being benched as if it would have somehow made them get to the ECF better or something. They beat Montreal in a hard fought series and then *SWEPT* the Flyers quite easily WITHOUT Seguin. Not sure why anyone is 2nd guessing success. Dont make sense to me

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PheltSaucier. Show PheltSaucier's posts

They played unbeatable against Philly. If they continue to play that way, the Cup is in Beantown for sure. That's no excuse for the team not being ready against TB in both games.

Not sure what role Thornton (1 Assist, -1, 2PIM) played in either series. Playoffs are for goal scorers, not fighters.

[QUOTE]Phelt: to say they got this far despite the coach is asinine. Everyone is whining about Seguin being benched as if it would have somehow made them get to the ECF better or something. They beat Montreal in a hard fought series and then *SWEPT* the Flyers quite easily WITHOUT Seguin. Not sure why anyone is 2nd guessing success. Dont make sense to me
    Posted by Bleedinblackandgold[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Don't agree with everything Felger says but he is spot on with the fact that the only way Seguin gets to play is that Bergy was out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

But aren't you guys happy that at least someone is making an attempt to talk hockey on the airwaves?  Dale Arnold was the only one who did for years.  Mazz and Felger at least try.  Gresh and Zo talking hockey is like listening to two muppets "having sexual relations".  Unlistenable. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sizzled. Show Sizzled's posts

Felger is an up and coming Dan Shaughnessy....in other words he is a knee jerk, cynical, drama queen, closet jock sniffer with a job in media.

He is no different than the Yahoo fans that boo a goal allowed, scream "shoot" every power play, and are delusional to think they know more about the game than the actual coaches, GMs, and players that have EARNED the right to be in the profession they are in.

The fact is he couldn't run a practice, speak intelligently about a trade with another GM, negotiate a contract with an agent, or even skate backwards....that bozo couldn't survive a shift in that league....and he would be scared to death if somebody even looked at him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

phelt...i guess when the b's were "unbeatable against philly", the coach was no factor at all? also, i was unaware julien had to coach AND stop pucks from entering their net. that would be something to see- would they get a too many men call? i guess with your daddy being a coach, he's convinced you that he's the most important piece of the puzzle. how many saves does he have a game? does he score a hat trick every night? you see i'm a coach myself. coaching is done in practice. the coach lays the groundwork, provides the gameplan, and it's up to the players to perform. i'm sure TT blamed julien for that goal too, not to mention the two goals off their own d-men, and the one off TT's face. i can't believe clode teaches TT to direct the puck into the net with his face- that's horrible coaching! laughable 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]They played unbeatable against Philly. If they continue to play that way, the Cup is in Beantown for sure. That's no excuse for the team not being ready against TB in both games. Not sure what role Thornton (1 Assist, -1, 2PIM) played in either series. Playoffs are for goal scorers, not fighters. In Response to Re: Was Felger molested by Claude Julien? :
    Posted by PheltSaucier[/QUOTE]
    You think dominating T-Bay for 19:30 of the 1st period signifies somehow that Boston wasn't "ready"? Blaming the coach for TT's lack of focus is absurd. The son of an awesome hockey coach should know better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

My biggest issue with CJ is that his history does not include a deep playoff run - until now.  I don't care that he favors a defensive system - all good teams need one, and the goals will come in spite of it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Was Felger molested by Claude Julien?:[QUOTE]Sports radio is entertainment first and foremost.  Take it with a grain of salt. Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Definitely make their money riling up sports fans that's how they keep listeners tuning in. The Bruins are a hot item right now in the hub so everyone is jumping on. When I want to listen to hockey I listen to NHL live not some clown act.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

In my view the job of the coach is to prepare your team to be as ready as possible for a playoff run.   If a team works hard, plays an effective system, tries to exploit the other team's weaknesses,...etc in the playoffs then the coach as done his job.   Injuries, bad bounces, unfortunate penalties, soft goals...etc all happen and the coach should not be blamed for any of that.

In order to go all the way to win a cup, you need a coach that will ensure his players are mentally and physically ready, committed and fired up.   You also need a lot of luck and for the players to play to their potential.

Claude has done all of this since coming to Boston in my opinion.   He's a great coach and talk of firing him should be considered heresy.

Now, look at another team.  Washington got swept by Tampa.   I didn't watch the games, but after a tremendous regular season, the it seems the team wasn't prepared or committed for round 2.   Was that a problem with coaching?

Pittsburg and Montreal both played great in the first round and still lost.    Both were decimated by injuries.   Neither of those coaches should be blamed for anything.

There are coaches every year that may be blamed (rightly or wrongly) for lackluster efforts by their players.   We don't have that problem in Boston.    We do have a power play problem, but there are a lot smarter people than me in the  Bruin's organization trying to figure that one out, including but not limited to Claude.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Felger says the most idiotic things, especially about hockey. The other night he was on TV talking about finishing being the most important aspect of scoring goals. So do I get a show so I can talk about how the sky is blue? And the way he talks, it's just infuriating.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

I think you need to consider that based on salary the roster was built to compete at a playoff level as opposed to a team that is rebuilding. Then the first goal for the coach is to keep the team focused and make the playoffs.  New Jersey is an example of a coach that didnt keep his team focused. The additional items to look at when evaluating the coach that is expected to make the playoff is then depth of the playoff run, special teams, developement of players, working to make veterans meet expectations, scoring, defense.

He made the playoff, was 5th in the league in scoring, second in goals against. Sucked on the power play, has questionable skills developing players (Wheeler, Kessel, Seguin) and has let players dissapear for long stretches (Lucic,Krejci, Horton and of course Ryder).

Ultimately its up to Chiarelli/Neeley to look at the roster, the results and the future and see if this system fits the team going forward, regardless if the win the cup or not, and if they think its necessary fire Juilen FOR A BETTER COACH...dont just fire the guy to fire him. Make sure you are bringing in someone who better fits the team and roster going forward.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

[QUOTE] and if they think its necessary fire Juilen FOR A BETTER COACH ...dont just fire the guy to fire him. Make sure you are bringing in someone who better fits the team and roster going forward.
    Posted by tmmanning[/QUOTE]

And THIS is another thing: All those  who were/are screaming for Julien to be fired, who's better?

Who out there *right now* is a better option? 

Sections
Shortcuts