Was I so crazy now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Was I so crazy now?

Saw this coming back in february. When all you so called experts kept saying they will come out of this funk and be fine in the playoffs.

Well 15 goals in 7 playoff games on a rookie goalie isnt a winning effort people.

They got lucky that Washington was ALLMOST as bad as the Bruins. Washington will get trounced in every direction by Philly if thats the next round for them. Philly can score on a power play!!

They get to rest up now and get back at it next year.

They need to spend that extra cap space this summer ( would love to see a Parise ) and not wait for the damn trade deadline that doesnt even matter anymore, good GM's are doing thier work in the summer now. Time for Chia to learn that and stop evaluating until every decent player is gone in free agency. The wait for the trade dealine tactic cost them a legit chance to make a run this year, all they did was add old tired legs to a allready tired team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: Was I so crazy now?

PP seriously needs addressing if the Bruins want to remain a top team

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Thats what I thought. Crickets from the "experts".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

You were correct and I agree with you. I bet on the Caps to win the series and won big. The Bruins are a joke this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Who are you?  Are we supposed to know you?

Do you think anyone cares to remember what you might have said in February??  Hilarious...

Don't beg for attention here...it's sad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Are you really that desperate for attention? No need for the I told-you-so's. Everyone's upset.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

In Response to Re: Was I so crazy now?:
    Are you really that desperate for attention? No need for the I told-you-so's. Everyone's upset.
    Posted by Bisson1

hardly after attention here ... i had enough of that when i was the only person on this forum who stuck to his guns that the Bruins were an exhausted team from January on and that they would be out in the first round. I'm not happy about it! I think the Caps played things very smart. They knew they had a tired Bruins team from the start and played possum all series. They gave the Bruins NOTHING to get pissed off over and this team needs that anger to be affective.

Just the one little baby cyring motion by Alzner and he was quick to apologize, other then that the Caps just played hockey.  Very smart on thier part.

However I wouldnt mind seeing the opinion's of the people on here who were calling me an idiot and that I know nothing about hockey etc etc. "the experts" and you guys know who you are ... your not so expert anymore guys. Learn hockey. You dont just turn it on in April after playing tired for 3 months straight.

next year im confident will be a long playoff run, the hunger will be back and they wont be exhausted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Was I so crazy now?:
    Saw this coming back in february. When all you so called experts kept saying they will come out of this funk and be fine in the playoffs. Well 15 goals in 7 playoff games on a rookie goalie isnt a winning effort people. They got lucky that Washington was ALLMOST as bad as the Bruins. Washington will get trounced in every direction by Philly if thats the next round for them. Philly can score on a power play!! They get to rest up now and get back at it next year. They need to spend that extra cap space this summer ( would love to see a Parise ) and not wait for the damn trade deadline that doesnt even matter anymore, good GM's are doing thier work in the summer now. Time for Chia to learn that and stop evaluating until every decent player is gone in free agency. The wait for the trade dealine tactic cost them a legit chance to make a run this year, all they did was add old tired legs to a allready tired team.
    Posted by puckhog9966

Not 1 person on the playoff prediction pool picked the Caps to win so don't act like you knew all along. If you were the genius that knew better you could've proved it with your predictions. You didn't so you aren't. Why don't you go look for a mirror to argue with.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Saw this coming back in february. When all you so called experts kept saying they will come out of this funk and be fine in the playoffs. Well 15 goals in 7 playoff games on a rookie goalie isnt a winning effort people. They got lucky that Washington was ALLMOST as bad as the Bruins. Washington will get trounced in every direction by Philly if thats the next round for them. Philly can score on a power play!! They get to rest up now and get back at it next year. They need to spend that extra cap space this summer ( would love to see a Parise ) and not wait for the damn trade deadline that doesnt even matter anymore, good GM's are doing thier work in the summer now. Time for Chia to learn that and stop evaluating until every decent player is gone in free agency. The wait for the trade dealine tactic cost them a legit chance to make a run this year, all they did was add old tired legs to a allready tired team.
    Posted by puckhog9966

Dont know if u r a Bruins fan but congrats if you really saw it coming ...I saw it coming too ...predicted that the B's would miss the playoffs when we had tons of injuries and I got all kind of insults for predicting it ...I have been a BRUINS fan for over 40 years ...I drive my SUV in the streets of montreal all year long with my B's bumper sticker, my flag (during the playoffs) and I wear my Bruins hat all the time (take a look at my pics, one of them is when I met OVI I was wearing it) ........Game 6 with 13 minutes to go I said TY to our players for the good season I knew they were going to lose it with TT between the pipes (as much as I love TT I think its time to trade him at 38 ) .....We need to make some major moves during the summer ..I was thinking of Zach Parise , I was thinking of trading Krejci (he still has a great value) ...I would let go Campbell , resign Pouliot and Paille ....Kelly (not 100% sure) , I would let go Zanon and Motteau  and go after Dennis Wideman ...and try to get George Parros (our players do not get much respect, look at the way Marchand was pushed, cross checked etc , look at Bergeron and Krejci being hit (ddirty)  all the time ....Lucic has also been horrible in these series but unless we could get Rick Nash for him I would still keep him. I look forward to see Dougie Hamilton with the B's next year and Tyler's improvment ....time to make a clean up I want the Cup back in Boston next year ...
    Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

so people called you an idiot in january huh? well, you're still an idiot in april! you've come a long ways. good luck taking care of that- my guess is, come october, nothing will have changed and you'll be refered to as an idiot. can't wait to read your next post. they are always very enlightening. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Puckhog, you were, and are, an idiot. Not for predicting that the Bruins would go out in the first round in February, but for predicting anything at all. Even moreso for trying to claim intelligence for doing so. In February you don't know who will play whom, who will be injured amongst other things. Even with that information it's impossible to predict how things will go. Maggie the Monkey has a better success rate than all the experts who picked teams like Pittsburgh or Vancouver to be in the finals. Everything about your post reeks of someone who knows nothing about hockey, including your bragging of prediction. Boston is a good team that, down two top-6 forwards, lost to another good team in the closest series in history. There is nothing more to take from this playoff than that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like how a prediction that one NHL team, in January, will not win the Cup is considered to be smart to some people.  Are you aware that odds of picking any one team not to win the Cup in January is about 97% likely to be correct.  Do you think that you should be applauded for that?

It's almost like Stanley picking the Bruins to win and lose at the same time and then cheering himself afterwards like a mental patient.

I'm gonna boldly predict that the Red Sox won't win the World Series this year, and then I'll go on the Red Sox board as soon as they get eliminated and beg people to recognize me for how smart I think I am...

FYI -- the title of the thread is a grammatical mess too.  "Was" is past tense...not to be followed by "now" which is present tense.  It makes no sense.  That's probably why nobody remembers your posts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Good for you, want a cookie?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I like how a prediction that one NHL team, in January, will not win the Cup is considered to be smart to some people.  Are you aware that odds of picking any one team not to win the Cup in January is about 97% likely to be correct.  Do you think that you should be applauded for that? It's almost like Stanley picking the Bruins to win and lose at the same time and then cheering himself afterwards like a mental patient. I'm gonna boldly predict that the Red Sox won't win the World Series this year, and then I'll go on the Red Sox board as soon as they get eliminated and beg people to recognize me for how smart I think I am... FYI -- the title of the thread is a grammatical mess too.  "Was" is past tense...not to be followed by "now" which is present tense.  It makes no sense.  That's probably why nobody remembers your posts.
    Posted by Fletcher1

I'll remember him now Fletch. He's that guy that doesn't talk right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Posted by puckhog9966

Congratulations puckhog, you've got the support of the hopelessly deranged Stanley.
    Your all jilted that the Bruins didn't win, so you think you probably should take a swing at Bruin fans now to complete your little tantrum eh?
    There are many on this sight that felt the Bruins could lose the series, and stated so.   In fact, any sensible hockey mind would come to the same conclusion.  The fact they didn't "predict it", means nothing.   It was a concern for most here, and it turned out to be a viable one.  The fact that most don't see the need to come on here and conveniently, after the fact, boast, they "knew" it was going to happen...doesn't take away from either their credibility, or in particular, their maturity.

Your mentor, Stanley feels that he's somehow validated now, for predicting the B's wouldn't make the playoffs.  Is that what you aspire to???

First of all, if you saw this coming in February, you were about a month late, but you should be commended on your ability to pinpoint the problem as the team being "tired".  Could you please clarify ...was it the physical kind, or the mental...or was it both.  Some "independant" experts would consider the "tired' factor to be a bit simplistic, generic, and without much substance.  I'd have to agree.
     Also like to have your take on Rolston.  Thought he did a great job overall as a 3rd/4th liner.  Usually tired old legs get tired-er as time goes on.  Most feel he found the fountain of youth in late March/April.
    And the "good GM's'...yeah, I hope he figures out how to become one of those by just signing some FA, regardless of the price.
    Finally, please update us on your predictions regarding Vancouver, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Detroit.  Did you nail those ones too?  How about the Ranger game tonight, who's gonna win that and by how much?   Obviously you're not the least bit surprised Ottawa has taken this one to game 7.

You da man !

The Bruins lost, and I agree, they didn't perform to expectation.  Regardless of how close it was, they didn't do the things they always do when they're successful, therefore, they lost it, more than the Caps won it.
    You, and people like you need to learn that those things happen, and when they do, sensible people don't post all hysterical and girlie.  They didn't play very well against Montreal in the first round last year, and won despite that, getting better as they playoffs wore on.  For all we know the same thing may have hapenned this year, had they got lucky and advanced.

They didn't though, and they're done.  Deal with that....and spare us the drama.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Was I so crazy now? : hardly after attention here ... i had enough of that when i was the only person on this forum who stuck to his guns that the Bruins were an exhausted team from January on and that they would be out in the first round. I'm not happy about it! I think the Caps played things very smart. They knew they had a tired Bruins team from the start and played possum all series. They gave the Bruins NOTHING to get pissed off over and this team needs that anger to be affective. Just the one little baby cyring motion by Alzner and he was quick to apologize, other then that the Caps just played hockey.  Very smart on thier part. However I wouldnt mind seeing the opinion's of the people on here who were calling me an idiot and that I know nothing about hockey etc etc. "the experts" and you guys know who you are ... your not so expert anymore guys. Learn hockey. You dont just turn it on in April after playing tired for 3 months straight. next year im confident will be a long playoff run, the hunger will be back and they wont be exhausted.
    Posted by puckhog9966

Two rambling incoherent posts.  You say you can't just "turn it on", however, the Bruins obviously "just turned on" the exhaustion, as they got "average" real fast as soon as the calendar hit 2012.

You posted above, the Caps were "very smart on their part". That's a far cry from what you're saying on just the post before.

Don't fret that the Caps gave the B's "nothing to be pissed off over".  Anyone with your level of expertise on "exhaustion" understands that angry or not....you can't do much when you're "exhausted".

Finally...shame on anyone who called you "an idiot in February".  That just isn't fair, and it's also impolite.  Reminds me of an old adage though.  Goes something like this:

....it is better to be silent, and thought a fool....than to speak up...and remove all doubt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Sorry Dez your dead wrong this time. You made your "here's your chance to say you said so..." thread a while back. You will find i was the only person who said the Bruins would be out in the first round and it didnt matter who they played. So i didnt need an opponet any one would do.

Stanley I think you've gone crazy, but i agreed with you that they would fall in the first round and there was a good chance for a couple weeks in Feb. where it looked like they would fall out of the playoffs.

The rest of you. The idiot was right and you were all wrong. Whatever the step below idiot is, I'll go with ret@rded homers. Welcome to it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Sorry Dez your dead wrong this time. You made your "here's your chance to say you said so..." thread a while back. You will find i was the only person who said the Bruins would be out in the first round and it didnt matter who they played. So i didnt need an opponet any one would do. Stanley I think you've gone crazy, but i agreed with you that they would fall in the first round and there was a good chance for a couple weeks in Feb. where it looked like they would fall out of the playoffs. The rest of you. The idiot was right and you were all wrong. Whatever the step below idiot is, I'll go with ret@rded homers. Welcome to it.
    Posted by puckhog9966

Congratulations then I guess. You were able to predict that Boston would lose what turned out to be the closest series in NHL history.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

There is a difference between "right" and "right for the right reasons".

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts