Re: Watched Canada Cup 87 and boy have times changed
posted at 9/13/2012 7:43 AM EDT
In response to BsLegion's comment:
-When a player has his back turned he could get hit and didn't get hurt or concussed.
- Shannahan would have a field day with Messier . Amazing what he got away with.
-One ref on the ice (Paul Stewart) and doing a darn good job !
- Bob Cole was saying , I think Hartsburg, was "concussd and back playing tonight ."
- Center line , two line offisides and the game had a great pace, maybe better than 75 % of the games today
- do I dare bring up the goalie pads .....
Other notes, I forgot how much Bourque layed down the lumber on his opponents , cross checks.
Bob Cole still missed , paused (dead air) and got things wrong
- back then concussions were treated differently. Take 2 aspirins and get the heck back onto the ice ?
- Messier ? Very dirty.
- Stewart did a darn good job ? UGGGGGGH. Koharski was much better in Game 1.
-The 2 line offsides had nothing to do with the great pace of the game. How about the top Russian and Canadian players in the world not having to trap and and then collapse around the goalie in their own end ?
- Today's goalie pads are taller then nite.
- Dan Kelly was one of the best. Bob Cole announcing ? Legion, go for a hearing test.
Oh and btw, the format on BDC still stinks.