Way to Go Pete!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Way to Go Pete!

When you brake it all down today heres what it looks like!
    We take one roster player out of the lineup in Blake Wheeler- then insert an upgrade there in Rich Beverly- my buddy who is a flyers fan is pist about this guy says Beverly is there best all around player in Atlanta up front!
    Than we insert a preimier offensive defensemen in Kaberle- instant bandaid on the PP
    Little lost on Kelly but I like him and he adds depth

Dont get two worked up about Colborne guys! Heres why
    All centers!!!
    Bergeron 25
    Krejci  24
    Seguin 19
    Campell 27
    Beverly 28
    Kelly 30
    Savard 33
    Caron 20
    When the hell was Joe gonna make this squad lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Re: Way to Go Pete!

^^^ nicely done

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Overall, good solidifying moves. I hope he can keep people like Kaberle and Kelly so this isn't a 3 month thing.

That's my only concern. No rentals.

PS I am pretty sure his name isn't "Beverly".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

who sits as the forward?  paille?  if so essentially to our everyday forward lineup we add kelly and peverly and subtract paille and wheeler.  not exactly a big upgrade. 

On D i'm not sure I pair kaberle with Chara as that means he gets a ton of 5 on 5 ice time, maybe he is on the 3rd pairing and just plays the entire powerplay every time!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Way to Go Pete!:
    [QUOTE]Overall, good solidifying moves. I hope he can keep people like Kaberle and Kelly so this isn't a 3 month thing. That's my only concern. No rentals. PS I am pretty sure his name isn't "Beverly".
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure, also, that Peverly and Caron won't play center.  Overall, a good day, though.  I'm glad that it got done before the deadline - I don't think the team could stand to wait any longer with all the rumors swirling around like mad.  Get them out on the road and build that chemistry.  Good job, PC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Paille or Seguin.  I can't see Seguin on the 2nd or 3rd line now. So, that's 4th line city and I think Paille is better suited as the veteran.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

IT's the Beverly Hillbillies!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Way to Go Pete!:
    [QUOTE]When you brake it all down today heres what it looks like! We take one roster player out of the lineup in Blake Wheeler- then insert an upgrade there in Rich Beverly- my buddy who is a flyers fan is pist about this guy says Beverly is there best all around player in Atlanta up front! Than we insert a preimier offensive defensemen in Kaberle- instant bandaid on the PP Little lost on Kelly but I like him and he adds depth Dont get two worked up about Colborne guys! Heres why All centers!!! Bergeron 25 Krejci  24 Seguin 19 Campell 27 Beverly 28 Kelly 30 Savard 33 Caron 20 When the hell was Joe gonna make this squad lol
    Posted by samsonov[/QUOTE]

To be fair, it is not like they can only play center...if that were true they never would have made it to the NHL in the first place....good point though...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Agreed, Huscroft on trying to get the deal done ASAP:

1. Keeps prices from spiking.
    2. Allows more time for the new lines to settle.

Chara, Kaberle and Kampfer are your offensive minded D Men, although we know Chara does both.

Seindenberg, Ference and McQuaid are the stay at home guys. 

Appears to be decent balance there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I dont know if its because I was pushing hard to become GM but PC has secured his job for this year ..I am going to have to wait at least another year...

Good job PC

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmakowski. Show bmakowski's posts

[QUOTE]who sits as the forward?  paille?  if so essentially to our everyday forward lineup we add kelly and peverly and subtract paille and wheeler.  not exactly a big upgrade.  On D i'm not sure I pair kaberle with Chara as that means he gets a ton of 5 on 5 ice time, maybe he is on the 3rd pairing and just plays the entire powerplay every time!
    Posted by Seabasshole[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit with you here.  I think that come playoff time, Paille could be invaluable and I don't really want to take him out of the line-up at all.  Should be interesting to see how Claude handles things on a nightly basis.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Yeah, way to go. He just set the franchise back five years.

Keep dealing the draft picks, Petey, and the Bruins can swim with the fishes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmakowski. Show bmakowski's posts

I mean we had to give up something, somewhere.  I know a 1st rounder for Kaberle may have been a bit much, but why whine about draft picks when we have a young nucleus of Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, etc.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, way to go. He just set the franchise back five years. Keep dealing the draft picks, Petey, and the Bruins can swim with the fishes.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

I am as critical as anyone but if you think by keeping the higher 1st rder, not having a 2nd rder and by unloading Colborne, Wheeler and Stuart sets the franchise "back", you have some issues.

It's nowhere near that dramatic.

It's absolutely worth the gamble that it is at this juncture.  He had to make a move. Had to.

This team is going on 40 years of no Cup and 20 with their last Cup appearance.

Only Toronto is worse.  TB, Carolina and Anaheim of won Cups in my lifetime.

Heck, even a fake hockey town like Pitt has seen 3 Cups.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Way to Go Pete! : Only Toronto is worse.  Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I'd say St Louis and LA, who have been in the league since '67, and Buffalo and Vancouver, who have been in the league since 1970, NEVER winning a Cup in franchise history, are worse.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Way to Go Pete! : I am as critical as anyone but if you think by keeping the higher 1st rder, not having a 2nd rder and by unloading Colborne, Wheeler and Stuart sets the franchise "back", you have some issues. It's nowhere near that dramatic. It's absolutely worth the gamble that it is at this juncture.  He had to make a move. Had to. This team is going on 40 years of no Cup and 20 with their last Cup appearance. Only Toronto is worse.  TB, Carolina and Anaheim of won Cups in my lifetime. Heck, even a fake hockey town like Pitt has seen 3 Cups.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

No, BBReigns, you are right, it's not that dramatic at the present time.

Let's just say that this is the genesis of the demise of Peter Chiarelli and the Boston Bruins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Kabba and Kredji on PP will drive me insane, never wanting to shoot..... PP goals will be very pretty but still not as plentiful as we need....

other teams will sit on Chara, Kabba will have to dish to Rex or Looch.... been exposed to him for many years here in Toronto. better than Rex on D, but will drive folks insane w/ his hold, hold, hold pattern.....     

Sections
Shortcuts