we already gripe about EA going with Stamkos?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

we already gripe about EA going with Stamkos?

I've never bought a hockey game for $60 but was looking forward to doing it for the first time.  It's great to be able to gripe about this worthless stuff but anyway...  I guess that Ingram kid from Alabama's football team hails from Flint also so maybe EA thought it was too much exposure for that Michigan 'burg?  Anyway, I did a search but only found enough stuff relating to the actual sport and not the version playable by couch potatoes (such that I thought posting would be OK).  Who was the last Bruin to grace a video game cover anyway?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: we already gripe about EA going with Stamkos?

They should have gone with Thomas, last year they went with Toews, little dissapointed with the Stamkos cover.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

No kidding, whats TT got to do to get a little EA sports love...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Tim Thomas should have been on the cover , another botched mistake by EA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

personally, i think the stamkos decision was absolutely perfect.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

I hope it's a pic of him with his busted nose behind a cage. He showed some toughness coming back after that bomb to the face. I like him more now.
    ...that said, I wish it was Big Z on the cover.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I wonder if there will be a biting and diving edition for Vancouver and Montreal? LOL Who would grace the cover then?
    Doc

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

actually now that I think of it I dont want TT to risk getting the EA Sports Cover Curse. Good luck Stevie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

X+A+L2 --> Bite
    X+B+R2 -- /> Dive

Couldn't care less.  Who freakin' cares.  The only game thing I'd hope for is a virtually unbeatable TT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

In Response to Re: we already gripe about EA going with Stamkos?:
    [QUOTE]actually now that I think of it I dont want TT to risk getting the EA Sports Cover Curse. Good luck Stevie.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Exactly...

Let Stamkos get the EA/Madden Curse...

Also, the intro video better be Stamkos being stoned by Timmy or else that's some serious false advertising...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder if there will be a biting and diving edition for Vancouver and Montreal? LOL Who would grace the cover then? Doc
    Posted by TomOBrien[/QUOTE]

Burrows, Thelma, and Louise!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Don't see goalies on it too often. I think Vanbiesbrouck is the only goalie to grace the cover of the game. I would have picked Chara hoisting the cup but I'm not biased or anything lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Beorach - The only Bruins to be on the cover of the EA NHL franchise was Andy Moog, Bourque and Clark Donatelli it was the 94 cover

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

They need to put the big names on the cover. While Thomas is a huge name in Boston, he isn't somone that people pay to go see. The Bruins are one of the few complete teams in the NHL where not one guy is above everyone else. While you certainly make the claim with Thomas, he isn't a Stamkos, Toews, Crosby, Ovi etc...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

...thought they would go with ovechkin anyways. he's one of the two players espntmz knows about (crosby).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Who really cares, Stamkos can have the cover and im sure Timmy is fine with the Cup.  I was never a Stamkos fan but I have to give him credit after coming back after that shot to the face...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Maybe you could cry about Kane and Toews back to back. 

They put a top goal scorer on the cover.  It's an exciting game and he's an exciting player. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Beorach  - The only Bruins to be on the cover of the EA NHL franchise was Andy Moog, Bourque and Clark Donatelli it was the 94 cover
    Posted by moogfan35[/QUOTE]

How is that? Moog got traded in June of 93' to Dallas! So; was Super Ninendo that far behind?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]They need to put the big names on the cover. While Thomas is a huge name in Boston, he isn't somone that people pay to go see. The Bruins are one of the few complete teams in the NHL where not one guy is above everyone else. While you certainly make the claim with Thomas, he isn't a Stamkos, Toews, Crosby, Ovi etc...
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ! Stamkos hasn't won a cup; or an MVP play-off trophy? Hockey fans who NEVER knew who TT was; I bet if you do a poll & ask hockey fans who should be on EA's cover it will be an over whelming majority on the TT wagon!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]personally, i think the stamkos decision was absolutely perfect.
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

And you'd be wrong! EA messed this up!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe you could cry about Kane and Toews back to back.  They put a top goal scorer on the cover.  It's an exciting game and he's an exciting player. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

But the top goal scorer was Perry! Why would you put a player who won NOTHING to advertise a 2012 edition?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The ONLY reason TT didn't make the cover is because EA sports Canada resides in Vancouver! That who's in charge of the NHL game! There's no way a Boston Bruin was making the cover!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: we already gripe about EA going with Stamkos? : How is that? Moog got traded in June of 93' to Dallas! So; was Super Ninendo that far behind?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had to go back to the 90-91 roster to even find donatelli. they were a little behind the times back then

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: we already gripe about EA going with Stamkos? :   Yeah I had to go back to the 90-91 roster to even find donatelli. they were a little behind the times back then
    Posted by moogfan35[/QUOTE]

LOL! Wow. I didn't think they were that far behind though!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: we already gripe about EA going with Stamkos? : But the top goal scorer was Perry! Why would you put a player who won NOTHING to advertise a 2012 edition?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

There is no hard set rule on whom they choose.  They choose exciting guys.  Stamkos is exciting. 

EA Sports Press Release.  I'd say it's pretty fair overall:

At just 21 years old, Steven Stamkos is one of the fastest rising stars in the NHL®. He was drafted first overall in 2008 and on February 6 of this year, Stamkos became the first player in the NHL to reach the 40 goal mark in the current season. His skill on the ice earned him the Maurice Richard Trophy, awarded to the player with the most goals in the NHL®, which he shared with Sidney Crosby in 2010. This year, Stamkos was a finalist for the Ted Lindsay Award, presented annually to the “Most Outstanding Player” in the NHL®, as voted by fellow members of the NHLPA. His performance in the 2011 Stanley Cup® Playoffs is another example of his perseverance and skill as he battled his way with the Tampa Bay Lightning to Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals against the Boston Bruins.