We Are Seeing the Value of #46

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

We Are Seeing the Value of #46

Or more to the point, how lacking this team is without him.

Remember how fast this (essentially the same) team collapsed when Krejci was lost after game 3 vs. the Flyers in 2010?

It seems his absence from the line-up turns the offense to mush. This is not a great sign, and yeah...I realize it's early...but I do think there's cause for concern when the team seems so tepid without the presence of one guy, even if he is the team's #1 center.

Also, I think my assessment of Pouliot as a complete waste of ice space is spot-on. I realize his salary isn't much of a hit, but I say trade him or send him away ASAP. Bust.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Re: We Are Seeing the Value of #46

I really don't get the Pouliot hate. He is just being used as a scapegoat as he is probably the player the majority of fans are least attached to. He's actually playing pretty well and creating just not finishing, but who is besides Peverley?

There is a reason Claude keeps moving him up ingame and putting him on the PP. I dare anyone who thinks Pouliot is a problem to rewatch most of the games so far and focus on him. Only mistake thus far is one poorly timed penalty in the Chicago game I think.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Krecji is important but they beat chicago without him the other nite and i also disagree about Pouliot, he isn't going to score 30 goals but he is a useful player

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

You'll have to convince other people on here that he's as valuable as Bergeron. Like I stated before, I like them both but think Krejci is their most valuable forward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: We Are Seeing the Value of #46:
    Krecji is important but they beat chicago without him the other nite and i also disagree about Pouliot, he isn't going to score 30 goals but he is a useful player
    Posted by fourrings

Appreciate your different perspective but not only won;'t  he score 30 goals, he
    probably won't get more than 10. I'm not questioning his work ethic--only his skill level, which is just not what people who like him think it is.

This guy is Blake Wheeler redux.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I haven't seen much change since DK went out.  They couldn't score with him in their either.  Valuable - yes, but essential - no.
    The problem is nobody is scoring, not Horton, not Lucic, not Chara, not Thornton (tongue in cheek, but the fourth line hasn't contributed a goal yet).  Peverley is carrying the team right now.  Scary!  This team needs balanced scoring.  While there is definitely a trickle down effect from Krejci being out, his return isn't gong to magically cure this. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I think Krejci is a great player but he had 1 goal in 3 games so it was not like they were scoring a bunch before he got injured.    Last year at the end of the year the Bruins had 2 good lines that could score plus a 3rd and 4th line that could chip in with goals.  This year the offense has come from Seguin, Marchand and Peverly.  Lucic and Horton have often been invisible and Kelly and Pouliot are not players that Seguin should be playing with.  When Krejci comes back CJ needs to take a hard look at his lines and base them yes on what is best for the team yes, but also based on this year's play, not last year.  Try to have 3 balanced lines with at least two good offensive players on each line.  Seguin should not be playing with Kelly and Pouliot.  Pouliot has been okay but really his impact is neither here nor there.  If he was gone tomorrow would anyone notice, and he is never going to score 30 goals.  How about?

Marchand Kelly Seguin
    Caron/Pouliot Bergeron Peverly
    Lucic Krecji Horton

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

I think Krecji should be with leadfoot and ironfoot.  Tyler is too fast for them.

My thoughts (I'm sure I am missing someone)

Marchand, Bergeron, Seguin
    Lucic, Krecji, Horton
    Peverly, Kelly, Poiliot/Caron
    Whoever

On a side note, is it me or are the Dmen taking waaaaaaaaay too long to shoot.
    When it takes you 5  seconds to windup, that gives the goalie plenty of time to set and the forwards plenty of time to block.  Who cares if its fast, an nhl goalie is going to save it, with a clear view.  get it on the net and quickly.  That's the best chance. IMO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I agree with those who suggest the B's have been bad with #46 in the line up.  Doesn't diminish his value, but it's pretty hard to say they've looked much worse without him.
    Too early to panic....but a couple more consecutive losses, and there'll be plenty.  Not just here, but in the front office as well.
    The regular season is said to mean little.....that's only true for elite teams.  For everyone else....it's really tough to even make the playoffs.  In order for the B's to stay in that category, I believe they have to work harder than most.  They have to be more determined.  If that jam isn't there, they're weaker than many.  goaltending will only do so much. 
    The B's are a defensive powerhouse.  Few would argue that.  The offense has been very consistent for about 4 years now.....their offensive consistency lies in being wildly inconsistent.
    Time to get going.  A good start, gives good teams the ability to "prepare" for the playoffs, as opposed to having to scratch and claw their way through a grueling 6 month schedule.  A huge overall difference in those 2 scenario's.
    Throw in the fact that the B's basically play twice as many home games as road games, to the end of November, and there's the internal expectation of owning a record that matches that.
    No time to panic....but this group hasn't shown much so far.      

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kreji is a valuable player, and this team needs him to be what he can be. Seguin has done a solid job in replacing him. Last night, starting out, it looked very positive except that Cam Ward was exceptional in keeping the Bruins off the score sheet, and a few mistakes gave Carolina a lead. Maybe Kreji could have improved the early results, but a combination of frustration and egregious miscalls by the refs turned the game upside down. The refs need to call penalties when they occur, but, the timing and severity in some cases was uncalled for

Sections
Shortcuts