We can add 4.007 million of Cap Space, because Marc Savard is not coming back...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

We can add 4.007 million of Cap Space, because Marc Savard is not coming back...

Did you guys see the interview of him today?  FIVE MONTHS later he still looks glassy-eyed and out of it.  He still talks about recurring issues and that some days are really difficult.  He has memory lapses and sometimes 'walks into a room and doesn't know where he is' (according to Comcast Sportsnet).

I feel for the guy.  Let us hope that his issues subside and he has an improved quality of life.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: We can add 4.007 million of Cap Space, because Marc Savard is not coming back...

The cap space would be nice, but I'm more worried about Savard just having a decent quality of life from here on in. I loved him as a player, and I appreciate him as a fellow citizen. Wouldn't wish what he's going through on anyone (well, except maybe Rat Crook)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: We can add 4.007 million of Cap Space, because Marc Savard is not coming back...

According to my wife I walk into walls and doors all the time but I keep coming back. Most of the time when I am not in the dog house, I still am having a good quality of life.

Not to be light of this, it is a serious injury but at 7M, he will be back unless the insurance for this is very high he will be back.  He has options the deciding factor will be the money, but a name on the cup could change that factor if he gets big time insurance to cover the rest of his contract.

Me thinks I am repeating, pretty soon time to walk into another wall.

In the NHL thru to the 80's he would have had to play, concussions were a fact of life and if you didn't play you were shirking and you didn't get paid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I hope he lives a happy and healthy life...in retirement.

No Savard?   Stanley Cup.

Get better, just don't get cleared to play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

In Response to We can add 4.007 million of Cap Space, because Marc Savard is not coming back...:
    [QUOTE]Did you guys see the interview of him today?  FIVE MONTHS later he still looks glassy-eyed and out of it.  He still talks about recurring issues and that some days are really difficult.  He has memory lapses and sometimes 'walks into a room and doesn't know where he is' (according to Comcast Sportsnet). I feel for the guy.  Let us hope that his issues subside and he has an improved quality of life.
    Posted by Bigpapa1977[/QUOTE]

I hate to say it, but I'm afraid you're probably right. Still having PCS symptoms after five months? Not good. I can't see him on the ice again. Best of luck, Marc. On the bright side, it seems the team is still capable of wiinning the Stanley even without him. And in another couple of years, Tyler will be a true #1 center.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

He'll be paid regardless.  THe team will be covered through insurance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: We can add 4.007 million of Cap Space, because Marc Savard is not coming back...:
    [QUOTE]He'll be paid regardless.  THe team will be covered through insurance.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Obviously

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I don't see any way he is going to play.  I haven't heard the slightest hint anywhere that says he is on the way to coming back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

It really sickens me to see Savard forced to retire and unlike NAS I cant justify the mans health with "a stanley cup"... As if the 4 mil on Kaberle would have resulted ina cup vs 4 mil on savard but anyways.

Best of luck Savy without the accomplishments that this team had over the past 3 years due to his skill level many players on this team would'nt be at the level they are at currently IMO. He's an unsung hero and he did alot for this bruins team I wish he coulda taken the ice and held up the cup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The situation for Savard seems just brutal.
    He may get his name on the Cup (hopefully) and retire without any money worries but no one wants his career to end like this.
    Fingers crossed for him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Marc Savard will be back in a Bruins uniform at some point next season because athletes don't know when to quit. It won't last long as he will then suffer his last head injury. It's too bad he was a great set up man who would have worked well with Horton.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: We can add 4.007 million of Cap Space, because Marc Savard is not coming back...:
    [QUOTE]Marc Savard will be back in a Bruins uniform at some point next season because athletes don't know when to quit. It won't last long as he will then suffer his last head injury. It's too bad he was a great set up man who would have worked well with Horton.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

From an m.d. who said he would actually have to examine him, but he feels his guesses are reliable
    a) he certainly wouldn't get cleared to play today
    b) since he still has symptoms now, 5 months later, is a very serious sign.

to get 2 injuries to your brain in such close proximity (cooke & then hunwick) is a very bad thing.

There is a chance he will never recover from his current symptoms.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It's really tough to try to balance cap space vs, any player. As usual Bad Hab has provided some facts that seem reasonable. It still puts Peter in a bit of a constraint in what he might want vs. what he can do. Savard's medical assessment will be the guiding light for the Bruins on new contracts. The core is tied up, and Marshy is a given. Beyond that will be fun to watch and evaluate.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeBruinsFan. Show LeBruinsFan's posts

There is no upside to Savard coming back.

There's great sentimentality because we all love the guy but he should hang them up now and concentrate on healing and living a quality life.

Thanks for you time and efforts Marc.

Bonne chance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

After seeing his interview, there is no indication he will be back. I don't see it happening, not even close.

Sections
Shortcuts