We got nothing...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

We got nothing...

Against a Pittsburg team with the likes of the hated cook, db igilna and jokinen with no Crosby and Malkin and yet I see nothing positive in the Bruins. On a Our captain is not intimadating, goaltening is mediocre, heart is non exisitent, skill is mediocre, dumb insignificant penalties at key points, no snipers, slow defense, we don't win fights, a coach who looks like he is putting lines together like he is drawing straws and the "most feared" power forward in the press box.

How can the fans keep remaining positive?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: We got nothing...

Matt, they played a pretty solid game today as mentioned on the game thread.

Much more physical, solid D, cut down on the giveaways, better transition game, Sods is useful.

Just need to cut down on dumb penalties and bury more of the chances.

This team is 26-12-5. They are hardly bottom-feeders.

Besides, if the Pens are supposed to be terrible because of their injuries someone should tell them because they are now 9-1 in their last 10 games.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Most feared power forward? Lol. I don't think so. However I agree with everything else. I think most people in here are in denial. They think this team is elite because of a good month of hockey. The truth is they have been playing worse then any of the top 8 teams or awhile now. If they get bumped out in the first round cj needs to go. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

JM I'm trying to stay positive but becoming more difficult every game.  if u look at a playoff game from 2011 and compare it to the last two games its not even close.  Yah we played a good first period... every darn shot was the goalies crest.  Juliene is ticking me off.  He's bounced Jagr around like a pinball.  He's playing the best out there.. Why not put him with the top line and keep him there for few games????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

JM I'm trying to stay positive but becoming more difficult every game.  if u look at a playoff game from 2011 and compare it to the last two games its not even close.  Yah we played a good first period... every darn shot was the goalies crest.  Juliene is ticking me off.  He's bounced Jagr around like a pinball.  He's playing the best out there.. Why not put him with the top line and keep him there for few games????

I do agree about the line combos but, in truth, they have been all over the place since the rash of injuries and the addition of new people. I don't think CJ quite knows what to do with Jagr yet.

Ultimately, the playoffs will soon be upon us and this team has a chance to pick it up and show everyone what they can do.

Can't wait.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

Against a Pittsburg team with the likes of the hated cook, db igilna and jokinen with no Crosby and Malkin and yet I see nothing positive in the Bruins. On a Our captain is not intimadating, goaltening is mediocre, heart is non exisitent, skill is mediocre, dumb insignificant penalties at key points, no snipers, slow defense, we don't win fights, a coach who looks like he is putting lines together like he is drawing straws and the "most feared" power forward in the press box.

How can the fans keep remaining positive?

Worrying. But we must give credit to Pittsburgh, What a team! Even Without Crosby, Malkin and Neal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

playoffs are a new beast.   We likely wont face pitt to the conf finals.  Relax. There are worst things on earth.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I was being sarcastic about the most feared power forward.

In response to tbone77's comment:

Most feared power forward? Lol. I don't think so. However I agree with everything else. I think most people in here are in denial. They think this team is elite because of a good month of hockey. The truth is they have been playing worse then any of the top 8 teams or awhile now. If they get bumped out in the first round cj needs to go. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Double post

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It's not the outcome we Bruin fans wanted but I thought today's performance was superior to those we've seen in a while.  The Bruins' effort at least extended more than 20 minutes for a change.  Their physical play was increased vs the Pens.  I know that sounds like back-handed compliment considering how largely vacant that aspect has been this year.  They've got to be more consistent in putting home their chances. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

playoffs are a new beast.   We likely wont face pitt to the conf finals.  Relax. There are worst things on earth.  

We've certainly seen that, shupe. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to tbone77's comment:

Most people here spend their days bashing the hell out of the team.  A few of us see the quality players and know a lot about hockey and feel it is just a matter of time (the playoffs maybe?  next season?) before they start destroying everyone again.

They may be playing worse than some Top Eight teams, but that doesn't really tell the whole story, does it?  A month ago, New Jersey was in sixth.  They've been sucking eggs for a month and currently hold 11th or 12th place.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

It's not the outcome we Bruin fans wanted but I thought today's performance was superior to those we've seen in a while.  The Bruins' effort at least extended more than 20 minutes for a change.  Their physical play was increased vs the Pens.  I know that sounds like back-handed compliment considering how largely vacant that aspect has been this year.  They've got to be more consistent in putting home their chances. 

Good post RHO not sure if you heard Marchand's postgame remark about the disallowed goal, but he said it should have counted but the ref made the call he thought was right.  Not crying about it just stating a fact.  So instead of an exhilirating comeback with 2.6 seconds left, we get a 3-2 loss to a team with a horsehoe up it's azz.  I can handle it even if most here can't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Not happy with lack luster Bruins play when it matters most, this team had to show something and did not. As a Bruins fan I have to say we cannot depend on this team to bring Boston back to being normal and this hurts me and it leads me to believe there is is more problems in the room than on the ice. The lack of inspiration shown by this team when needed most is very distrubing and I question what it will take to motivate these players.

I just hope they can make a dent in the playoffs to help the poeple of Boston get over this hump, as of now I am embarassed by this Bruins team going into the playoffs. The upper management has been silent and PC and Neely should be concerned by the play of this team. Someone has to step up and get this team going in the right direction and make them play the way we know they can.

This Bruin team has been a let down to the Bruins fiathful and someone has to be accountable. There is time to right the ship but as of now it doen't look good for a once promising team. The cup for this season is only hopeful and getting the Bruins back to the team we know they should be is more important and CJ is not helping this team be as good as they should be with promissimg players coming in and not showing results.

If some how the Bruins can get together they have just a chance as anyone, but for some reason they are not together and ther is little time for them to jell. I feel sorry for all Bruins fans who had high hopes for a team that will not play to their capibities and let we the fans and the own team down. WHERE IS THE HEART>

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrainDoctorDanny. Show BrainDoctorDanny's posts

there will be upsets galore in the playoffs, but it will be Chicago-Pittsburgh in the Finals.

You  can take that to the bank.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Really going out on a limb there doctor

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

hang in there mattbs, a new season starts shortly and the B's will be ready.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Good post RHO not sure if you heard Marchand's postgame remark about the disallowed goal, but he said it should have counted but the ref made the call he thought was right.  Not crying about it just stating a fact.  So instead of an exhilirating comeback with 2.6 seconds left, we get a 3-2 loss to a team with a horsehoe up it's azz.  I can handle it even if most here can't.

I missed it, hang.  I'm not going to connect their inconsistent and prolonged regular season dip in play to the team that arrives in the playoffs when the stakes are amped. 

Should they bow out easily then yeah, management would have to take a seriously cold hard look at the team from coaching on down.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

playoffs are a new beast.   We likely wont face pitt to the conf finals.  Relax. There are worst things on earth.  

Conference finals HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

So you will stop watching and posting?   This lose had one victory then.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Thought for awhile we might see a 60 minute effort from this team. They let themslves and Bruins fans down again. They played better in the emotional sense but the scoring and checking was not there. the Bruins have time to put a better product on the ice but true heart to win is my question.

The talent I thought was there is truely not and the real hard Boston forechecking game is gone and the team who was proud in D is gone. CJ has lost his team and with players like Jargr and Soderberg in the mix the Bruins should be better both on the PP and scoring in general, sorry not going to happen and the B's are in trouble and looking lost, there is not enough time to right the ship and CJ should be gone at seasons end after this lackluster showing.

Our Bruins don't have the confidence anymore and are done, I hate to a non possitive fan but it shows on the ice and when it matters most, I hope I'm wrong but this team has to get it together now and find some fire but it is not looking promissing, GOOD LUCK BRUIS THE REST OF THE WAY 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

No, but can I have some of your rainbows and unicorns.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

They lost. Yet again.

But they're in the play offs so I remain cautiously hopeful. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No, but can I have some of your rainbows and unicorns.

I always share.  You realize we can still get 2nd overall in our conf.  You have looked around the eastern conference.  Its not stacked. Im pretty happy about this team.  When everyone is in the lineup i like a battle tested team.   any team with chara and bergie has a chance.  Pitts was supposed to breeze by philly last year.  Didnt happen.  Heck they dont even know whos starting in goal.  Time to rest some guys down the stretch and get guys healthy.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

They lost. Yet again.

But they're in the play offs so I remain cautiously hopeful. 

Key point being "they're in" Han.

Sections
Shortcuts