We got nothing...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: We got nothing...

It really has been going on too long with inconsistency, but i seen a better effort, the 3rd period maybe a bit less but the dumb penalties will kill you everytime against pitts. I just would like CJ to finally settle out some lines and get ready for the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Getting first place is HUGE because they dont want to be facing the leafs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

Why?   Theyve beat them all year.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to mattbs's comment:

The Leafs could just as easily end up playing the Caps, Jets or Habs even without Boston getting first. It is still all up in the air.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I remember when we used to celebrate the win or tie that got the team into the playoffs.

Bunch of spoiled little girls running around the playground these days.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Seriously.  Worrying about style points and simultaneously worrying about ducking the Leafs.  Either your team is good enough that you can criticize them for a lack of style or your team is bad enough they worry about losing to the Leafs.  Not both.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

JM I'm trying to stay positive but becoming more difficult every game.  if u look at a playoff game from 2011 and compare it to the last two games its not even close.  Yah we played a good first period... every darn shot was the goalies crest.  Juliene is ticking me off.  He's bounced Jagr around like a pinball.  He's playing the best out there.. Why not put him with the top line and keep him there for few games????

I do agree about the line combos but, in truth, they have been all over the place since the rash of injuries and the addition of new people. I don't think CJ quite knows what to do with Jagr yet.

Ultimately, the playoffs will soon be upon us and this team has a chance to pick it up and show everyone what they can do.

Can't wait.....

Just think about that one for a moment ...hmmm, let's see, I've got one of the premier offensive forces ever to play in the NHL...What to do ? what to do ?

Hey...I got it , lets play him with our most gifted playmaking center, and a big bruising beast of a power forward on the 1st line. Not sure, hmmm, maybe Campbell, maybe 3rd line, maybe I'll just bounce him around a little so there will be zero chemistry heading into the playoffs till I figure it out - yep, goin with that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Two reasons... The Leafs will have all Canada behind them and it will give them a huge lift.  Secondly.. I don't trust the officiating when we play the habs or the leafs especially when a nation is watching.  

In response to shuperman's comment:

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

@jwensink.. I agree 100%.  Its mind boggling how Jagr is being bounced around.  He's even starting to doubt himself now yet with Philly and Dallas he was stellar.

Anyway, maybe I am over reacting.  The only thing to do now is make sure they stay healthy going into the playoffs....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

these games mean nothing now... I would say we have sharpened up a bit defensively. we need to stay healthy and start scoring goals.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Two reasons... The Leafs will have all Canada behind them and it will give them a huge lift.  Secondly.. I don't trust the officiating when we play the habs or the leafs especially when a nation is watching.  

It sure is reasonable to think that Kessel, Van Riesmdyk and Gardiner will play a lot harder against Boston because the good people of Sault St. Marie are hoping the Leafs win.

That will be a much bigger factor than something as completely trivial as the Bruins being a better team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

@jwensink.. I agree 100%.  Its mind boggling how Jagr is being bounced around.  He's even starting to doubt himself now yet with Philly and Dallas he was stellar.

Anyway, maybe I am over reacting.  The only thing to do now is make sure they stay healthy going into the playoffs....

He's starting to doubt himself?  Did he share this with you over a beer?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And they also have fans that will turn on them in one second as soon as they are down.  Gee that sounds familiar lately.  Pressure of playing in toronto isnt a great thing.  Why do you think no one wants to go there.  Even guys from there.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Jagr has been awesome.  His hands are just sick.  Big body no one can take the puck from him.  He also is hitting.  I hope he resigns.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Yea Toronto is my pick.  I don't want to play the upstart Islanders, maybe even TT will make a cameo playoff appearance for old times sake (kidding)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Yea Toronto is my pick. 

Me too. Would be a hell of a series.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yea Toronto is my pick. 

Im not worried about any team.  You think their fans wanna play us?   Bring on whoever.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Yea Toronto is my pick. 

I agree but with Montreal losing last time i checked ,they are doing bier best to keep the B'a alive for the division.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Im not worried about any team.

Me neither, it will be good hockey no matter who the B's play.

But I especially want to drink the tears of Leaf fans and Bob Cole when the B's sweep them...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

I agree but with Montreal losing last time i checked ,they are doing bier best to keep the B'a alive for the division.

looks that way, Stinky. Hab fans must be incresingly nervous at how their team is playing down the stretch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I guess I dont want to play anyone in the playoffs because I think they should give us the cup lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

looks that way, Stinky. Hab fans must be incresingly nervous at how their team is playing down the stretch.

I'm with u on the Torono plan. The Islanders are playing well and if the Rangers sneak up to # 7 the B's would have to play either one. I take my chances with Toronto or Ottawa even with or without the home ice I feel confident about that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Not a bad game at all by our B's.  They easily could have won, and had at least as many scoring chances as the Pens.  They played well defensively too.  Winning is about cashing in on a millisecond.  Sometimes the bounces go your way ,sometimes they don't.  Sometimes you don't win when you should, sometimes you do.  Sometimes it's lady luck...sometimes it isn't.  I don't think they got outplayed, and when that happens the law of averages work in your favour.  See Vancouver 2011.

Yup, the Penguins won...but.... bragging rights for that have already expired.

Granted, around 60% of Pittsburghs payroll was absent...but...today, the b's could have easily won.  They've won a lot of games playing much worse.

Thing is folks...once the playoffs start...everythings a coin flip.  Absolutely no reason to write this team off.  Zero reason to think they "can't".

No reason to be dancin right now....but regardless of the B's record as of today....or the mighty Penguins....anyone feeling cocky really doesn't understand the nuances of this great game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

"We got nothing"

We got to watch a Bruins game while breathing and having all our limbs intact.

I can think of 170 people, a family in Dorchester, a family in China, two parents in Arlington and another family in Somerville who may have trouble sympathizing with the fact that you got nothing today while watching a Bruins game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

"We got nothing"

We got to watch a Bruins game while breathing and having all our limbs intact.

I can think of 170 people, a family in Dorchester, a family in China, two parents in Arlington and another family in Somerville who may have trouble sympathizing with the fact that you got nothing today while watching a Bruins game.

Kind of puts everything into perspective. I am not defending Walily D but I am sure he didn't mean it like that. I do get your point and agree with you.

Sections
Shortcuts