We have the same amount of points as the habs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from salsa-kid. Show salsa-kid's posts

We have the same amount of points as the habs?

...why are we behind them in the standings since we have more wins?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: We have the same amount of points as the habs?

we trail them in ROW 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

First tie-breaker is ROW.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Garbage first tie break method if you ask me. The Habs have lost 1 more game but they're ahead. It just seems wrong to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I am sure Hab fans will crow about this tomorrow morning for sure.....makes the next game all the more interesting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from salsa-kid. Show salsa-kid's posts

Thank you for the answer

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

If MTL loses to Pittsburgh tonight (and who would bet against PIT at home?), Boston will be ahead in the standings due to MTL playing one more game (and points being equal). Not that it matters, since being in first on March 26th is meaningless.

I agree and disagree with Dez: it IS a garbage tiebreaker. But then again, a shootout is a garbage way to win a hockey game, and teams shouldn't equal credit for winning in the skills gimmick as they would for scoring a goal when actual hockey is played. I'd favor head-to-head as first tiebreaker, then goal differential. Leave the "win total" out of it, since the NHL has a system where all wins are not created equal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I'd favor having shootouts work as ties, point-wise.  Just have shootout wins as a separate column, to be used as a last-ditch tie-breaker.  I doubt the League would have any interest in that model though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I don't have any points in the win column or on bdc. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

If MTL loses to Pittsburgh tonight (and who would bet against PIT at home?), Boston will be ahead in the standings due to MTL playing one more game (and points being equal). Not that it matters, since being in first on March 26th is meaningless.

I agree and disagree with Dez: it IS a garbage tiebreaker. But then again, a shootout is a garbage way to win a hockey game, and teams shouldn't equal credit for winning in the skills gimmick as they would for scoring a goal when actual hockey is played. I'd favor head-to-head as first tiebreaker, then goal differential. Leave the "win total" out of it, since the NHL has a system where all wins are not created equal.

Hey Kennedy, long time no see. With how the Habs are playing this year, how do see them matching up with the Bruins in the playoffs should that come to pass?

Also, take a peak over at the "My top 5 of all time" thread. I had trouble personally figuring out who should grab the fifth spot on my list - Beliveau or the Rocket. Love to see your opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I have no issue with ROW as the first tie-breaker.  Two teams with the same number points, but team one won more games playing hockey than with a skills competition.  So they come first.  Makes more sense than actually having the shootout.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

No argument on that from me Kennedy. I loathe the shootout. I never had an issue with a hard fought tie though. Congrats on the Habs looking like a playoff team again. Hockey is better with the Bruins and Habs in the playoffs. Cheers!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

No argument on that from me Kennedy. I loathe the shootout. I never had an issue with a hard fought tie though. Congrats on the Habs looking like a playoff team again. Hockey is better with the Bruins and Habs in the playoffs. Cheers!

Ditto: I'd rather have the hard-fought tie, and if that was the case, THEN count wins as the first tie breaker if you want, since wins mean more. I'd still prefer head to head as #1, but at least this way it's more honest.

As for Habs/Bruins if it were a matchup (and I can't see it being Round 1 this time, unless one team really falls off) I don't know yet. Boston has the more talented roster, but I really like the way Montreal plays: Therrien and co. have maximized what he has so that they're better than the sum of their parts. I never bought into the "Habs 14th this year" stuff from pre-season because I didn't think the team was as bad as they looked last season: they just had off-ice issues up the wazoo that a change in management seems to have rectified.  But I didn't expect a battle for 1st with Boston this late: I'm thrilled that they're respectable again; having them be a bona fide contender so far is gravy. Both teams look like they'll be battling for years, and I agree that the league is better when BOS and MTL have potential to make deep postseason runs.

Montreal 6-2 tomorrow. Even though it's the back end of a two-in-two...on the road...after playing Pittsburgh. Sure! ;)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Also, take a peak over at the "My top 5 of all time" thread. I had trouble personally figuring out who should grab the fifth spot on my list - Beliveau or the Rocket. Love to see your opinion.

I probably should look at the thread FIRST....but I think it would depend on criteria. Richard is by far the better goal scorer. Beliveau was a more complete player. Richard's meaning for Quebecers went beyond hockey, and nobody else will mean that much to people in a province ever again. If I figure all that in, I go with Richard > Beliveau. If it's "who was the better hockey player when looking at the whole picture", probably Beliveau.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Ditto: I'd rather have the hard-fought tie, and if that was the case, THEN count wins as the first tie breaker if you want, since wins mean more. I'd still prefer head to head as #1, but at least this way it's more honest.

As for Habs/Bruins if it were a matchup (and I can't see it being Round 1 this time, unless one team really falls off) I don't know yet. Boston has the more talented roster, but I really like the way Montreal plays: Therrien and co. have maximized what he has so that they're better than the sum of their parts. I never bought into the "Habs 14th this year" stuff from pre-season because I didn't think the team was as bad as they looked last season: they just had off-ice issues up the wazoo that a change in management seems to have rectified.  But I didn't expect a battle for 1st with Boston this late: I'm thrilled that they're respectable again; having them be a bona fide contender so far is gravy. Both teams look like they'll be battling for years, and I agree that the league is better when BOS and MTL have potential to make deep postseason runs.

Montreal 6-2 tomorrow. Even though it's the back end of a two-in-two...on the road...after playing Pittsburgh. Sure! ;)

I expect the game to have a playoff feel to it regardless of how you make out with the Pens. I'm looking forward to it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

B's now first in the division thanks to the Habs losing last night. What a ridiculous system.....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=con#&navid=nav-stn-conf