We know Julien will be fired- what is the probability Chiarelli gets canned with him?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: We know Julien will be fired- what is the probability Chiarelli gets canned with him?

I really wish they still had Kessel...he's definitely going to the HOF...1st ballot no doubt.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: We know Julien will be fired- what is the probability Chiarelli gets canned with him?

Since PC decided to stick with Julien this year he deserves to go as well!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: We know Julien will be fired- what is the probability Chiarelli gets canned with him?:
    I really wish they still had Kessel...he's definitely going to the HOF...1st ballot no doubt.
    Posted by hangnail

Sure; and the easter bunny is real too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: We know Julien will be fired- what is the probability Chiarelli gets canned with him?:
    In Response to Re: We know Julien will be fired- what is the probability Chiarelli gets canned with him? : Sure; and the easter bunny is real too.
    Posted by dbg1

My post was sarcasm; don't feel bad though cactus didn't even pick up on it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

I dont think Chiarelli should be canned yet.  Even if looking back on the Kaberle trade now we see it as a loose for the bruins that certainly wasnt the opinion at the time the trade was made.  I think the Kaberle trade showed that PC is at least committed to winning and willing to put himself out there to further the team.  Two season ago when the trade deadline came and went and he just sat on his thumb and did nothing, that was frustrating.  At least hes shown the desire and is pulling the trigger on some of these deals.  I like the Horton trade, I like the peverley trade and I thinl three years from now seguin will be such a stud that no one will even remember who Kessel is.  Imagine how good this team will be next year if Seguin makes half the year two jump that Stamkos did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: We know Julien will be fired- what is the probability Chiarelli gets canned with him? : My post was sarcasm; don't feel bad though cactus didn't even pick up on it
    Posted by hangnail

mine was too....but I have cactus ignored, so I don't see his posts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I thought PC had done a good job up until this season.  I think he got hosed on every trade he made this season though.  Kelly was not worth a 2nd rounder.  Kaberle was not worth Colborne and a 1st.  I don't mind Peverly, but I think keeping stuart would of been more benficial.  If they were just going to give away one of their defensmen as a salary dump, Boychuk should of been the guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to We know Julien will be fired- what is the probability Chiarelli gets canned with him?:
    Julien is gone..no doubt there. The bigger question is if PC deserves to be shown the door too. In my opinion - YES! He has traded for players absolutely NOT WORTH what they gave up. In other words, he has bought high and sold low. The last trade- Kaberle 's WILL haunt them for years- in my opinion a move of total desperation and weakness due to this not being addressed for several years .
    Posted by cactusTony

i didn't know julien was gone.  do you have a link for this?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Anyone else find it ironic that Wideman has a better chance of making it to the Cup that the Bruins do?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Former B Nick Boynton got his name on the Cup last year.  That's how it goes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

He should absolutely be canned, I think he's worse than the coach!

He decided to keep this coach wayyyyy past expiration.  a 10 game losing streak where the team tuned him out followed by the philly collapse and 3rd game 7 loss in the first 2 rounds in 3 years, how does he keep his job after that!?  Dave Lewis could be chaulked up to inexperience, but the handling of Claude has been awful, and passive Pete will probably want to keep him still.

Secondly, PC has yet to sign a good contract.  We are strapped to the cap and stuck with a bunch of average guys, and a small handfull of better than average guys, not counting CHara who is a great player.  He has drafted the least amount of NHLers since he came here, of all 30 franchises, with more picks than most.  His trades have been terrible, save the Horton Campbell deal which looks pretty good, but dumping versteeg and boyes, plus the 3 this year, not pretty.

Finally, passive Pete doesn't share the goal or have the burning desire to win the cup!  Our 3 others GM's in town have the drive to win it all or bust, they believe it, they hold themselves accountable to it, and it resonates throughout their respective organizations.  Whether it happens or not is another thing, but it is what drives them.  I couldnt believe PC's quote about the "obvious answer to our goal this year is..."  I know I thought Stanley Cup was coming here, but no, the obvious answer is winning 8 playoff games and just trying hard! Wait what!?  This all has less to do with me wanting to fire PC too, it's just the cherry on top.

Summary:  He's been bad handling coaches on the whole, his trades have been worse than 50%, he has the worst drafting track record in his tenure with the least NHLers of any franchise, and the most egregious thing is how he hands out extensions and contracts to everyone and overpays!  We are saddled with a great deal of stiffs who make too much money and won't allow us to get some real talent in the door.  PC has not assembled a great team by any stretch and it has been 5 years now.  He and Clod helped drag us back to life as a good reg season team, but it's time to get a GM in here who can bring us to the elite level.

Dont let the door hit either of you on the way out!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I would be willing to bet that PC supports now were also major Claude supporters too who have now changed their tune on that.  Why wait another season full of this stuff with Chiarelli, move on now so changes can be made and we dont go through another season beating our heads against the wall?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

The way Cam Neely walked off the press box the last game after losing doesn't look good for PC. Neely looked p@#$# off 

Yet PC does have 3 years left in his new contract and i doubt the Jacob family give away free money to him. But if we lose i doubt pc will have full powers to hire whoever he wants and sign/trade whoever he wants. Someone else like neely will get involved in making decisions

The Bruins have a good core going on. But need some more firepower, revamp the roster and get a better coach

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

I don't think they will fire Chiarelli but Julien should go if only for his observations after game one which was "everyone needs to play a little better". I almost p!ssed myself laughing when I heard it. The rest of the hockey world couldn't believe how truly pathetic they played and clearly recognized that they needed to be alot more than a "little better". But not CJ he only saw the need for a few little tweaks...amazing.

P.S. I am still not convinced that Neely has any real power but rather a figure head to have around.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

CJ will be gone if they don't make it far in the playoffs.

PC is doing a good job from what I can see.  The moves aren't working out, but when they were made it seemed like the right thing to do.
    1. Everyone loved the Horton trade (except me, I don't like the tinman).
    2. Everyone liked the Kelly and Peverly deals because it added more speed to a team that wasn't fast.  Now I don't think they miss Wheeler (sorry Stanley), but Stuart is a playoff type defenceman. I think they miss Stuart
    3. Most applauded the move to get Kaberle (I think they over-paid because it was about the only place Kabby would wave his NTC) but he was what the apparently needed
    4. Everyone loves Seguin as the 2nd pick, and applaud the return for Kessel including cap space to resign Looch, Krecji, Bergeron and Chara.
    5. Everyone loved the Siedenberg trade (I liked Morris though, so I'm in the minority here) and contract extension.
    6. Thomas contract doesn't look that bad considering he's on route for his 2nd Venzina
    7. Most loved the extensions for Looch, Chara and Bergeron
    8. Most thought the Savard extension was a good move (before he got hurt)

Overall PC is doing his job pretty well.

CJ, on the other hand..........well enough said there......time will tell

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

CJ will be gone if they don't make it far in the playoffs. PC is doing a good job from what I can see.  The moves aren't working out, but when they were made it seemed like the right thing to do. 1. Everyone loved the Horton trade (except me, I don't like the tinman). 2. Everyone liked the Kelly and Peverly deals because it added more speed to a team that wasn't fast.  Now I don't think they miss Wheeler (sorry Stanley), but Stuart is a playoff type defenceman. I think they miss Stuart 3. Most applauded the move to get Kaberle (I think they over-paid because it was about the only place Kabby would wave his NTC) but he was what the apparently needed 4. Everyone loves Seguin as the 2nd pick, and applaud the return for Kessel including cap space to resign Looch, Krecji, Bergeron and Chara. 5. Everyone loved the Siedenberg trade (I liked Morris though, so I'm in the minority here) and contract extension. 6. Thomas contract doesn't look that bad considering he's on route for his 2nd Venzina 7. Most loved the extensions for Looch, Chara and Bergeron 8. Most thought the Savard extension was a good move (before he got hurt) Overall PC is doing his job pretty well. CJ, on the other hand..........well enough said there......time will tell
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

the only reasonable post on this thread and it's coming from a leafs' fan.

Sections
Shortcuts