We Need more Chris Kellys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jmbc14. Show Jmbc14's posts

We Need more Chris Kellys

Hes awesome. Simply Electric. No doubt a difference maker. Where can we get more players like him? There are probably only a few out there like him. 

But really....my real question is, when Julien and Chiarelli are fired, who takes over?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Re: We Need more Chris Kellys

LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

The Chia Pets out there will be very upset when they read how you berated Kelly,  that awesome trade asset. Me, I think they should have traded for a Kelley's Roast Beef Sandwich instead. And perhaps a bottle of Caberlet Savignon instead of Tomas Kaberle. But don't worry, We only lost a first round pick and two second round picks and Jumbo Joe Colborne. And knowing the drafting ability of Mr. Chia, don't expect much with the number 9 pick this year either. Bring Back Harry!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: We Need more Chris Kellys:
    [QUOTE]The Chia Pets out there will be very upset when they read how you berated Kelly,  that awesome trade asset. Me, I think they should have traded for a Kelley's Roast Beef Sandwich instead. And perhaps a bottle of Caberlet Savignon instead of Tomas Kaberle. But don't worry, We only lost a first round pick and two second round picks and Jumbo Joe Colborne. And knowing the drafting ability of Mr. Chia, don't expect much with the number 9 pick this year either. Bring Back Harry!
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    " Bring back Harry" WOW!! I never thought I would hear those words from a Bruins fan. LOL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I was being facetious, but truthfully, can he do worse than this?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Im going to clone Chris Kelly 21 times and have him play every position on an NHL11 team.. Then I'll sim the entire season and see how far the all kelly allstar team makes it lol!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Purely awful, I think Toronto and Ottawa would love to have done such an awful job with this club since he's started.

You complain that the GM doesn't make any moves and then you berate the moves he's made to win a cup because it gives up future assets.

Well, which one do you want? Neither? Both? Either just so you can criticize the move?

Sorry, when the rest of the hockey world thinks he's done a good job, I can't really side with the fans after two horrible losses.

Fire CJ, keep PC.

You can't argue that the PC was trying to make the team better with the recent moves. And guess what, Kelly was not brought in here as a goal scorer and he was only nabbed for a 2nd round pick. His faceoffs alone make it worth the price.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuchusRash. Show TuchusRash's posts

Like a hole in the head.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]Purely awful, I think Toronto and Ottawa would love to have done such an awful job with this club since he's started. You complain that the GM doesn't make any moves and then you berate the moves he's made to win a cup because it gives up future assets. Well, which one do you want? Neither? Both? Either just so you can criticize the move? Sorry, when the rest of the hockey world thinks he's done a good job, I can't really side with the fans after two horrible losses. Fire CJ, keep PC. You can't argue that the PC was trying to make the team better with the recent moves. And guess what, Kelly was not brought in here as a goal scorer and he was only nabbed for a 2nd round pick. His faceoffs alone make it worth the price.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

The problem isn't that PC traded for Chris Kelly.  It's the fact that he traded for Kelly, when we already have plenty of "Kelly-like" players on this team.  Paille, Campbell, Bergeron (obviously with more skill).  And to think we traded away a 2nd round pick for this guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

F/O's alone, I don't freakin think so.
    Luc          100%
    Thorn       100%
    Rec          75%
    Berg        68.4%
    Krej         55.2%
    Pev          50%
    Kelly         46.7%
    Camp       36.4%

Berg should never leave the circles.

Stats show why 3rd and 4th are always chasing.

Kell(I seen 2) and Rec are tied in lead with 6 hits, Krej Kab and Hnidy with 0.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I partially agree TT-god, I just don't think it's a horrible move. It filled a hole in the PK as it allowed Krejic to not play on the PK anymore allowing CJ to come back with the first line after a PK. That, his faceoffs, and the fact that 2nd rounders are a crap shoot make me think it was an ok move.

With
    Bergeron - Marchand
    Campbell - Paille
    Kelly - Pevereley

the Bs have probably one of the best PK forwards out there. Problem is the D has been making too many mistakes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

No4, Kelly was one of the top centers in the FO circle all year, I think so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I partially agree TT-god, I just don't think it's a horrible move. It filled a hole in the PK as it allowed Krejic to not play on the PK anymore allowing CJ to come back with the first line after a PK. That, his faceoffs, and the fact that 2nd rounders are a crap shoot make me think it was an ok move. With Bergeron - Marchand Campbell - Paille Kelly - Pevereley the Bs have probably one of the best PK forwards out there. Problem is the D has been making too many mistakes.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

He hasn't scored 20 goals since arriving in Boston.  This clearly means he's a bum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

PCs job is safe in my opinion, he has done a fantastic job....CJ on the other hand, not sure I can say the same of him even though I personally don't want to see him go

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Need more Chris Kellys : He hasn't scored 20 goals since arriving in Boston.  This clearly means he's a bum.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

But don't your eyes tell you that Kelly has not had a positive impact since we acquired him.  I think he has been flat out invisible 85-90 % of the time that he is out there.  I thought if he had crashed the net in game 1, when Peverley was coming across the front, that would have been our best opportunity of the game.  Clearly he has not been our only problem.  But when they have there postseason reiview, I certainly hope they don't give themselves positive marks on this particular acquisition.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Need more Chris Kellys : But don't your eyes tell you that Kelly has not had a positive impact since we acquired him.  I think he has been flat out invisible 85-90 % of the time that he is out there.  I thought if he had crashed the net in game 1, when Peverley was coming across the front, that would have been our best opportunity of the game.  Clearly he has not been our only problem.  But when they have there postseason reiview, I certainly hope they don't give themselves positive marks on this particular acquisition.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

This example is you looking for goals.  He isn't a goal scorer.  He's a defensive forward.  He's a very good third line guy. He never takes a shift off and doesn't get burned.  People can cry all night about the second round pick.  Hey, you have a second round pick playing on the third line.  Good!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

NAS it really isn't me looking for numbers from him.  It is an observation that he makes his linemates play virtually shorthanded on offense.  For that to be acceptable he needs to be centering an effort which eliminates star players.  I think he is a plus player defensively but I wouldn't say that I have seen shutdown performances from him and his linemates.

I do not believe he has been worth a 2nd round pick in anyway from what I have seen thus far.  I am not sure his overall skill set is even as good as an average season of PJ Axelson my comparison for most defensive forwards, eventhough he was a wing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He makes his linemates play shorthanded on offense?  Once again, you're focusing on offense.  That's not why he's here.  You're also basing your opinion on 24 games with a new team. 

You know who the B's took in the second round the year Kelly was drafted?  Matt Zultek.  Recently, the B's have had some great second round picks such as Lucic, Bergeron and Krejci.  They have also had second round boners named Kalus, Karsums, Marjamaki, Yevseyev, and Huml.

Total games played by the three good second round picks in the past 10 years:  1032

Total played by all other Bruins second round picks going back to Kelly's draft year of 1999:  392

People over-value the heck out of draft picks outside of the Top 20.  They traded a second round pick for a third line NHL player.  Great deal. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]He makes his linemates play shorthanded on offense?  Once again, you're focusing on offense.  That's not why he's here.  You're also basing your opinion on 24 games with a new team.  You know who the B's took in the second round the year Kelly was drafted?  Matt Zultek.  Recently, the B's have had some great second round picks such as Lucic, Bergeron and Krejci.  They have also had second round boners named Kalus, Karsums, Marjamaki, Yevseyev, and Huml. Total games played by the three good second round picks in the past 10 years:  1032 Total played by all other Bruins second round picks going back to Kelly's draft year of 1999:  392 People over-value the heck out of draft picks outside of the Top 20.  They traded a second round pick for a third line NHL player.  Great deal. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

You are insufferable with this.  How many 3rd liners do you need?  We have 8 third liners, how about use that cap space and draft pick to get a real top 6 guy?  Either use the pick to do it at trade deadline, or keep wheeler and stuart and use their money to get a UFA.  Wheeler is a good 3rd line guy, who is also more productive in his few short years, so when you have him already why dump him and have to give up a 2nd rounder and another year of cap space on Kelly?

Very good pointing out that he's a defensive forward though, we all know what those look like here.  What we would have a hard time figuring out is what an elite NHL forward looks like, haven't seen that in a while now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

First thing.  I think Kelly has looked far better tonight.  Particularly forechecking a little more near the circles rather then hanging at the Blue and back.

I am not speaking about scoring alone here.  He isn't not dominant enough defensively to ignore 55 ft of the ice, like it seems he has done so many times before.  I would love to see him next year, playing like he is tonight, alongside Peverley and Seguin.  If that occcurs and he can help Seguin mature on the ice, he will be well worth the second rounder.  Right now, he has done very little to redeem the value on that pick.  I do recognize the difficult situation you mentioned.

Although the second round is a gamble, it doesn't mean you want to throw those picks away.  You need to define core characteristics draft your type of guys and hope some work out, particularly second rounders.  Relying on first rounders and Free Agents is by far the quickest path to mediocrity. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Need more Chris Kellys : You are insufferable with this.  How many 3rd liners do you need?  We have 8 third liners, how about use that cap space and draft pick to get a real top 6 guy?  Either use the pick to do it at trade deadline, or keep wheeler and stuart and use their money to get a UFA.  Wheeler is a good 3rd line guy, who is also more productive in his few short years, so when you have him already why dump him and have to give up a 2nd rounder and another year of cap space on Kelly? Very good pointing out that he's a defensive forward though, we all know what those look like here.  What we would have a hard time figuring out is what an elite NHL forward looks like, haven't seen that in a while now.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Wheeler is not a good third line player.  He's a bad second line player.

You can't trade a late second round pick for a top six forward.

You need three good third line players.  Right now, the Bruins have two:  Kelly and Campbell.

They traded Wheeler and Stuart for a second line guy.

I agree about the need for an elite forward.  I think they'll be looking for that this offseason with the $8M they have from Savard being officially on LTIR (or retiring) and Ryder not coming back.  Boy, that would be nice, right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Smart empty netter by Kelly tonight taking extra time to walk it in all the way because you never know if some idiot might take a penalty within the last minute.

Good thing that moron Ryder took that penalty with 5 seconds left rahter than 50

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

hehehe....poor Ryder, I wonder where he is going to play next year. Probably wherever CJ is.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]Smart empty netter by Kelly tonight taking extra time to walk it in all the way because you never know if some idiot might take a penalty within the last minute. Good thing that moron Ryder took that penalty with 5 seconds left rahter than 50
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Could you imagine if Scabs tie the game with Ryder on the ice?? Why is he out there in the last minute of a 1 goal game, assuming Ryder was out there when Kelly scored?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We Need more Chris Kellys : Could you imagine if Scabs tie the game with Ryder on the ice?? Why is he out there in the last minute of a 1 goal game, assuming Ryder was out there when Kelly scored?
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]

He wasn't Kelly went out in place of Marchand on Bergie's line I think.  It may have been a line change but I don't think so.