Wear Boston Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wear Boston Day

For those of you not on Facebook, or for those who haven't heard of this:

Wherever you are on Friday will be "Boston" in your heart & ours!

I decided to try and use our mutual social media power to rally people from across the state, New England, the country... Hell the World to wear something that says "Boston" this FRIDAY APRIL 19th as a small way to show unity and support for all of the victims and their family's of this past Monday's unspeakable act... So lets all break out our Bruins, Sox, Celts, Pats, Revs, Cannons, Breakers, Lobsters, Tea Men, Boston based colleges... Whatever it is as long as it says "BOSTON" on it and wear it this Friday to show support and pass this onto your friends lists as well because "WE ARE ALL BOSTON!

https://www.facebook.com/events/146837935488805/

I'm wearing a Cup Champs t-shirt to the office tomorrow.

And you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: Wear Boston Day

The only Boston (sports or otherwise) memorabilia I own are empty champagne bottles from the local championships and a single, simple spoked B hat. I'll wear the hat proudly...and remember the champagne hangovers fondly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Not on facebook to supply picture but I will do so tomorrow.

Maybe I can cut and paste it durrrrr

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'll wear my Boston Old Time Hockey shirt tomorrow during the day since it's the only shirt I have that clearly says Boston in large print across the front. I have a formal funcition tomorrow night, so I'll wear my spoked B pendant then.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good stuff, Red.  I knew you'd be on board!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I'll share this on facebook.

Although I think I wear something with Boston on it every day, so no one will notice.

It won't be Bruins' gear, though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Of course - it's a good idea, and it's quite literally the least I can do.
    Does anyone know if a survivor's fund has been set up? I'd like to donate a few bucks if there is one. Something that may be helping with medical expenses and the like?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Will be working on friday and will proudly wear one of my many B's shirts. On a side note, it'll also raise the blood pressure of the Nuck & Hab fans i work with which is very enjoyable. ;-p   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Does anyone know if a survivor's fund has been set up? I'd like to donate a few bucks if there is one.

http://onefundboston.org

link to the fund the mayor and governor set up.  apparently and disgracefully there were a few phony funds circulating so they set this one up so ppl would know where to donate the money to.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Does anyone know if a survivor's fund has been set up? I'd like to donate a few bucks if there is one.

link to the fund the mayor and governor set up.  apparently and disgracefully there were a few phony funds circulating so they set this one up so ppl would know where to donate the money to.

Thanks Davey - I'll head over to it now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Time to break out ye olde Moog jersey.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

My wife's office about a mile from Copley. I'll be shocked if she doesn't come home with some Boston Strong gear. If she doesn't it won't be for lack of effort. Short of having that, I plan to wear my cup t-shirt as well. Good thing we don't work in the same office NAS, gawd would that ever be embarassing!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Done. And major props to John Hancock for getting that fund started with such a sizable donation. I know they're a sizable corporation, but a million dollars is still pretty generous.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

My Orr jersey hangs in my office all the time.  I'll be wearing it tomorrow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

95% of my wardrobe has the Boston Bruin logo, or says Bruins, or Boston Bruin's on it. I make sure that logo is somewhere on my body every day! Yes, for those that wonder even my underwear sometimes. So, I got it covered.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

My Orr jersey hangs in my office all the time.  I'll be wearing it tomorrow.

Colton?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Middlebrooks t-shirt, with my 2011 Bruins Stanley Cup hat and my Brian Leetch autographed BC Eagles hockey sweatpants should cover every color under the sun manana.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Colton?

They should force any player with that last name to change it upon entering the league.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Colton?

They should force any player with that last name to change it upon entering the league.

or add (NO RELATION) below the name.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Agreed.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That would be awesome - imagine forcing a guy to have a parenthesis on his back just because his name might be perceived as impertinent!

jmw, you must be too young to remember a dashing young skater of that name....no?  Oh, you're just a smartarse then?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Oh, you're just a smartarse then?

Just having some fun, my friend.

Although I do wonder what happened to all those "Colt 45" jerseys of 05-06....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Hmmm, a couple meetings in the office tomorrow, so I may have to work this into biz casual... 

If it would stop f(*%$* snowing here I could at least go short sleeves.

My daughters will be wearing Boston gear to school/daycare for sure.  Wifey too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I will wear my Stanley Cup cap. Deciding should I wear the Jagr, Horton, Seguin, Marchand,Chara, T- Shirt. Ya I know i am crazy thanks. Lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nice post NAS, thanks for the heads up.

Sections
Shortcuts