Weber's hit on Hansen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

Weber's hit on Hansen

Was nothing. NOTHING! If hits like these are going to be suspended they should just take hitting out of the game completely. Absolute disgrace. Hansen deserves it anyway. ---http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbbKhSKU3D0&feature=related

P.S. What a dive. I'm soooo glad we beat them in the finals. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Weber's hit on Hansen

He definitely helped it along.... There wasn't too much force an Hansen had plenty of time to prepare himself to get hit.

Weber let up and IMO thats the hitting area of the ice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Not sure about this one.  It did look pretty square on the numbers, which is supposed to be a no-no.  And it's not like Hansen turned at the last second. 

Whether he helped it along or not (which wouldn't surprise me) Weber probably should have known better

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

In Response to Re: Weber's hit on Hansen:
    Not sure about this one.  It did look pretty square on the numbers, which is supposed to be a no-no.  And it's not like Hansen turned at the last second.  Whether he helped it along or not (which wouldn't surprise me) Weber probably should have known better
    Posted by Swerengen

I'm not saying the hit wasn't a penalty, but two minutes would have been enough. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

In Response to Re: Weber's hit on Hansen : I'm not saying the hit wasn't a penalty, but two minutes would have been enough. 
    Posted by dalexander2424

Oh did he get suspended?

Now that IS ridiculous

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Weber's hit on Hansen : I'm not saying the hit wasn't a penalty, but two minutes would have been enough. 
    Posted by dalexander2424

Yeah it was a boarding by definition, im referring to supplemental discipline. Their shouldnt be any at all especially if there was none on Siedenberg.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

By the way, Sturm totally dove on that other penatly shown

Either that or Sutter has learned how to use the dark side of The Force

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's a dirty hit.  It's square in the numbers of a guy who is facing the boards and is defenseless.

This sort of play has been defined as suspendable.  Weber is a dolt for doing it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

$2500 fine.

I don't think the hit was dirty. This is a case of being punished for being bigger and stronger.

In Response to Weber's hit on Hansen:
    Was nothing. NOTHING! If hits like these are going to be suspended they should just take hitting out of the game completely. Absolute disgrace. Hansen deserves it anyway. --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbbKhSKU3D0&feature=related The "Dirty" Hit-- /> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7RATL5CanY P.S. What a dive. I'm soooo glad we beat them in the finals. 
    Posted by dalexander2424

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Methinks opinions of some would be different if Phaneuf had hit Bergeron the same way last night.

And I'm not sure if Hansen was was willing to sacrifice a couple of teeth and his nose by "helping it along".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Methinks opinions of some would be different if Phaneuf had hit Bergeron the same way last night. And I'm not sure if Hansen was was willing to sacrifice a couple of teeth and his nose by "helping it along".
    Posted by 49-North

Methinks you are a Canuck fan and should go chat with Canuck fans instead of fans of the team that beat them for the Cup.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Weber's hit on Hansen : Methinks you are a Canuck fan and should go chat with Canuck fans instead of fans of the team that beat them for the Cup.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

What?  We agree that it's a punishable offense. My comment was made in reference to those who don't think Weber did anything wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think Shanahan takes into account players history of suspendible, dirty play. The opposite of Campbell who thought he could rule without consistence or anyway he felt like ruling.

I didn't think the hit was dirty but it was, with the new rules, worth a penalty but not a major or fineable offense. So far I'm pleased with Brendan's overall rulings.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Methinks opinions of some would be different if Phaneuf had hit Bergeron the same way last night. And I'm not sure if Hansen was was willing to sacrifice a couple of teeth and his nose by "helping it along".
    Posted by 49-North

Last time I checked Bergeron has concussion issues far worse than your diving Canuck! Weber was stupid for doing it because Hanson got what he wanted. He put himself in that postion in the hope that he'd get smoked. I don't know how many times you have to be told, a Canuck fans opinion will never win in this forum. Doesn't matter whether you're 500% right. It just won't happen coming from a fan who cheers for the team that has the most pansies on it. Not being mean, not fighting; but just stating a fact of life.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Weber's hit on Hansen : Last time I checked Bergeron has concussion issues far worse than your diving Canuck! Weber was stupid for doing it because Hanson got what he wanted. He put himself in that postion in the hope that he'd get smoked. I don't know how many times you have to be told, a Canuck fans opinion will never win in this forum. Doesn't matter whether you're 500% right. It just won't happen coming from a fan who cheers for the team that has the most pansies on it. Not being mean, not fighting; but just stating a fact of life.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Hansen definitely saw the hit coming. If you look over your shoulder at the guy and you don't move... it's 50% your fault. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Weber's hit on Hansen : Hansen definitely saw the hit coming. If you look over your shoulder at the guy and you don't move... it's 50% your fault. 
    Posted by callodthedom19

Watching it again, I don't think Hansen expected the hit.  The puck goes to the far corner, I think Hansen thinks Weber will follow the direction of the puck travel. The way the NHL is calling these penalties, I don't think Hansen expects Weber to nail him into the boards and risk a penalty and possible suspension.  Just goes to show that you can't underestimate stupidity.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Weber's hit on Hansen : Watching it again, I don't think Hansen expected the hit.  The puck goes to the far corner, I think Hansen thinks Weber will follow the direction of the puck travel. The way the NHL is calling these penalties, I don't think Hansen expects Weber to nail him into the boards and risk a penalty and possible suspension.  Just goes to show that you can't underestimate stupidity.
    Posted by 49-North

You always have to expect to be hit! No matter what.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Here we go now the argument on whether or not the player should take himself out of harm's way, or embellish on a potential hit (boarding, charging)! The complications will now be in the hands of Shanahan!  More to come.  BTW that hit was boarding! 

Sections
Shortcuts