WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans

He say's 95% of the million and a half were bandwagon jumpers.  Now, I know alot of people were out there just to get a look at the Cup, but 95%?

That dude's got some stones.

Link

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Re: WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans

In Response to WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans:
    He say's 95% of the million and a half were bandwagon jumpers.  Now, I know alot of people were out there just to get a look at the Cup, but 95%? That dude's got some stones. Link
    Posted by bim09

How is D&C still on the air? Half the time they don't even talk sports, they talk about politics or one of Dennis' friends that played the most minor role in sh!ttiest movies.

"Folks, we've got a real treat for you. Joining us now is the actor that played the homeroom teacher in Napoleon Dynamite."

Callahan knows absolutely nothing about Hockey, Dennis certainly knows more, but he's certainly no Pierre McGuire...let alone a Jon Buccigross(sp?). I personally think the best person on that show is Meter, and he only gets about 5 sentences in per show.

Mut & Merloni are really the only people that know hockey on WEEI, and both are far from having a strong expertise on the sport.

The hub is the way to go (although I can't stand Gresh & Zo--I listen to Mut & merloni during the midday). It's a shame WEEI kicked off Dale Arnold and reduced him to a fill-in role.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Yeah and they have Scott Brown on too much. Dale Arnold was the last good one on EEI. But he got demoted because he didn't insult people I guess. And he's a hockey guy who was fair and very objective to all 4 Boston teams. He rarley showed a hockey bias, even though he was a B's broadcaster. I once heard Callahan say he loves gas guzzlers and using energy. What an idiot. He was trying to p_ss off those on the left but Gerry dosen't realize that people of all politcial spectrums want to drive an energy efficient car.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Anyone trying to talk hockey on WEEI insults the hockey fan. Listeneing to Dennis and Callahan talk hockey is painful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

He just wanted to p/o us off so we would tune in or go check out the WEEI site.

This dog didn't bite

LONG LIVE 985thesportshub!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

He say's 95% of the million and a half were bandwagon jumpers.  Now, I know alot of people were out there just to get a look at the Cup, but 95%? That dude's got some stones. Link
    Posted by bim09

Callahan is a racist f-wit. Those who listen to him condone his ignorant views.
    His opinions carry no weight with me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Friends don't let friends listen to WEEI. Why anyone still listens to them is lost on me.
    The hosts on almost every show on EEI would openly make fun of hockey fans and fans had to take it because they had no choice. Now that I have a choice I haven't gone back. I used to think Felger was a huge db and I'm amazed how much I've come full circle. Felger is far from perfect but he's a hockey fan and talks hockey. D & C are clowns and their act was old a few years ago. D & C are SO proud of so little and their smug view on everything seems to be turning folks off.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

I wouldnt say its 95% but Nesn Neilsen ratings are up 41% from 2009-2010 this year. And are up 99% in 2010-2011 in men ages 18-34.

The band wagon has been growing since 08-09 and got big this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

When your team wins people tend to tune in.  Felger made a good point.  Many of those fans may not be the "pink hat" fan but may be those fans who went away for a while because this team was going backwards for a bit.  You can call them bandwagon if you want but they are hockey fans who actually know the sport. 

I wonder who Callahan thinks showed up to all of those other parades around boston? Does he think that there are a million hard core Sox fans out there?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

It's almost laughable that D&C bring back Dale Arnold to talk hockey.  Oooopss, we let the wrong guy go at the wrong time.  WEEI's castoff is the only legit hockey guy they have and bringing him back as a fill-in shows the station's desperation for hockey credibility, which it rarely or never had to begin with.  It's like D&C got a mandate to talk hockey from management, there was no joy or enthusiasm. The only good thing that came out of it was that Arnold split up Dennis and Callahan for a day or two, which almost made the show listenable again. 

It's clearly painful for D&C to talk hockey, I tuned in for a few minutes just to laugh at how un-natural it was for them to pretend they gave a toss about hockey.  It was like listening to them defend the METCO program or giving credit to a democrat. 

WEEI, you need to shake things up in the morning slot if you ever hope to have listeners that 98.5 stole from under your noses.  Consider this in your next focus group.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

Posted by bim09

There were obviously a lot of bandwagoners/pink hats there because the Bruins are now the cool thing to do in town.  But insulting Bruins fans is his only way to get them to call in to their show. Guys a ignorant doouche

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

EEI has been insulting hockey fans for years starting with the biggest/worst fraud of them all, Eddie Andelman. D and C are 2 of the most loathsome people on radio. The Big O and his cast of gas bags are the epitome of 'ugly americans' and what is wrong with sports radio. Dale and Neumy were just fine until the station screwed up again and brought in Holley.
    All of a suden 98.5 came along and viola, I no longer needed to listen to EEI and I have not listened to them since then. Any true hockey fan should just tune them out and hope they go under
    Hey EEI, stick to what you know: exciting remotes from Ft Myers, golf, breaking down every single play of every single Pats game, talking over each other, politics, alienating people, hate, mindless baseball stats, should Pedro walk through the visiting dugout, Manny being Manny, steroids, Steve and Fred's steakhouse, kissing Schilling's behind, Red Sox Nation, the old ballyard, man love for Belicheck, cream puff questions for Tom Brady. Anything except talking hockey. Leave that to the fans and the station that REALLY cares about it - 98.5

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yukamatta409. Show yukamatta409's posts

In Response to Re: WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans:
    In Response to WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans : How is D&C still on the air? Half the time they don't even talk sports, they talk about politics or one of Dennis' friends that played the most minor role in sh!ttiest movies. "Folks, we've got a real treat for you. Joining us now is the actor that played the homeroom teacher in Napoleon Dynamite." Callahan knows absolutely nothing about Hockey, Dennis certainly knows more, but he's certainly no Pierre McGuire...let alone a Jon Buccigross(sp?). I personally think the best person on that show is Meter, and he only gets about 5 sentences in per show. Mut & Merloni are really the only people that know hockey on WEEI, and both are far from having a strong expertise on the sport. The hub is the way to go (although I can't stand Gresh & Zo--I listen to Mut & merloni during the midday). It's a shame WEEI kicked off Dale Arnold and reduced him to a fill-in role.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

hockey u took the words right out of my mouth! weei has done nothing but kill bruins or ignore them in the last ten years. now they get what they deserve 2nd place in a 2 horse race. everyone should listen to 98.5 when it comes to hockey!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

If your a fan of the sport your not that out of touch with it and probably tuned in after the lockout and were pissed with the product but at least would have been regularly watching again since '07. Toucher and Rich's drunken sox recap and ask a pink hat is all that needs to be said about the level of fans that show up at redsox games. I don't like D&C but all the parades in Boston are a excuse for people under the age of 25 to start drinking at 8am and go into the city....well in the case of some of my friends under 40. Doesnt hurt that it was 80 degrees and sunny as opposed to the Pats and Sox parades.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans : How is D&C still on the air? Half the time they don't even talk sports, they talk about politics .......................

Posted by Hockguy0818

Yup^spot on!  Like I said in another thread, every fan is a bandwagoner at first!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Coming from that fraud, it's pretty funny.

Callahan belittles anyone who doesnt wanna hear his political rants and worse off, if anyone complains that they wanna hear sports (on a sports radio station...shocker!) he openly mocks them for it. He's an unlikeable jerk, and Im thrilled that 98.5 exsists.

Toucher and Rich arent perfect, but they're passionate and they actually *LIKE* their listners.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Or the other times when they're not talking about Politics, sports (shocker, lol) or one of Dennis' friends that played the most minor roles in the crappiest movies, they rag on Meter for treating his young son (Ben, I believe his name is)  like a little girl. About how he won't let his 6 year-old son join in on a water gun fight at a neighbor's birthday party, because he believes he'll become the next Lee Harvey Oswald...hahaha

As for Michael Holley, I personally don't mind him. I actually feel bad for him now that he's with Glenn, especially since he can't (or anyone else for that matter) get 2 words in. Glenn screams and yells a lot and being about 70 pounds overweight, I'm surprised he hasn't had a stroke from getting caught up in the moment.

I've always spend a sports hub guy, but I really liked Dale & Holley (it was really the only show I listened to). Mut & Merloni, atleast in my opinion, is decent, and I'll listen to it during the mid-day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans : Yup^spot on!  Like I said in another thread, every fan is a bandwagoner at first!
    Posted by islamorada

Hahaha absolutely! Half of the time I think I'm listening to Michael Graham or Howie Carr and then I'll check the radio and it reads 103.7 or 850 lol.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

as everyone on that station is in the 95th percentile, they should know.

I wouldn't waste a second of my life listening to Ku Klux Kallaklan.
    The only thing that made me happy about that rascist schmeckle was the day he actually started listening to Springsteen's lyrics and realized he was farther left than Barney Frank.

The fact they missed the Bruin's boat was a sheer delight to me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I have favorited many of Dennis's classic twitter responses.  The more recent ones are funnier, but I think there all worth reading.  He does not cross the line anymore, I think he was reprimanded but surprisingly, he has not deleted these comments, maybe he believes in accountability?

John Dennis
    @
    John Dennis
    @
    John Dennis
    @
    John Dennis
    @
    John Dennis
    @
    John Dennis
    @
    John Dennis
    John Dennis
    @
    John Dennis
    @
    John Dennis
    John Dennis
    John Dennis
    @
    John Dennis
    @
    John Dennis
    @

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Wow...a couple of posters getting pretty loose with the "racist" hyperbole.  Looks like the glow from that Stanley Cup victory is starting to wear off...

Look, I am not a fan of D&C, I haven't listened to them in years.  That said, jumping into a hockey forum to accuse people of being racist is over-the-top IMO.  Unfortunate to see it go there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Sorry, Crowls. I've been branding him a racist for the past 15 years and stand behind my views on this one. You can't tell me that Troy Brown impersonation was anything less than racist.

and on top of that, he's a dope in general. A rabble rouser, hate mongerer, and muck stirrer of the highest order.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Sorry, Crowls. I've been branding him a racist for the past 15 years and stand behind my views on this one. You can't tell me that Troy Brown impersonation was anything less than racist. and on top of that, he's a dope in general. A rabble rouser, hate mongerer, and muck stirrer of the highest order.
    Posted by seobrien

And I'll stand behind my response.  Calling someone a "racist" is one of the ugliest charges you can level at someone.  It is really unfortunate to read that in a hockey forum. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Understood and respected...and it's not something I level lightly.
    But agreed that this is not the forum for diatribes of that sort.
    Consider it backed off.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Nothing new here.  Whether you like the political views or not (I don't care, so don't tell me), you have to admit that D and C are total clowns, and they hate hockey.  During the time I lived in Boston, I had no other choice for sports radio and was stuck with these two, along with the 1-800-54-Giant commercial 500 times a day.  Thank God for 98.5.

Always liked Dale Arnold and your only chance of talking hockey on WEEI as a caller would be to catch him.  He deserved better.  He had an independent mind, rather than the groupthink you get from all of the other hosts there.  He never bought into the "hockey fans are losers" company line, and look where it got him...

Even with a stunning Stanley Cup run and the biggest parade in City history, Callahan can't find one decent thing to say about the Bruins...f*ck him.

Sections
Shortcuts