WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans

In Response to Re: WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans : Yup^spot on!  Like I said in another thread, every fan is a bandwagoner at first!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I was never a bandwagon jumper.  My parents were Bruins fans.  I was born a Bruins fan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans : I was never a bandwagon jumper.  My parents were Bruins fans.  I was born a Bruins fan.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

But, were you born on a bandwagon?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Callahan's thing is he thinks he's smarter than everyone else.  Maybe smarter than his listeners, but that's not saying much.

Then there's Ordway, who feels it's his job to explain how the world works, over and over.  Again, for his listeners, maybe it helps.

Holley is the funny one, though.  He clearly never cared about or understood hockey.  When he was with Dale and a hockey caller got on, he'd do his best to trash the call by slipping into generics -- "Well, that's true for all coaches, when you think about it" ... or something equally callous.

I remember once a fellow asking about what was wrong the with Bs at the time.  Dale was giving some thought to the matter, and Holley said "They're just a bad team.  That's it.  They're just bad."

And that put an end to the conversation.

So yeah, let's talk about who's jumping on the hockey bandwagon now, shall we, boys?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Callahan's thing is he thinks he's smarter than everyone else.  Maybe smarter than his listeners, but that's not saying much. Then there's Ordway, who feels it's his job to explain how the world works, over and over.  Again, for his listeners, maybe it helps. Holley is the funny one, though.  He clearly never cared about or understood hockey.  When he was with Dale and a hockey caller got on, he'd do his best to trash the call by slipping into generics -- "Well, that's true for all coaches, when you think about it" ... or something equally callous. I remember once a fellow asking about what was wrong the with Bs at the time.  Dale was giving some thought to the matter, and Holley said "They're just a bad team.  That's it.  They're just bad." And that put an end to the conversation. So yeah, let's talk about who's jumping on the hockey bandwagon now, shall we, boys?
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty solid and insightful recap, I think.

I always thought the same about Holley -- not dumb, but dumb about hockey.  And instead of having the self-awareness to know it and let Arnold carry the load, he would spit out meaningless cliches and echo the WEEI paint-by-numbers, groupthink analysis.  He would usually interfere with a much more nuanced (and interesting) opinion from Arnold, which was infuriating for me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans : But, were you born on a bandwagon?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

^Post of the thread!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Dale was okay to listen to hockey but Holley being his partner didnt help the hockey fan who was listening, you could almost tell Dale avoided getting into deep hockey conversations becuase he knew it wasnt Holley's forte. I always thought they should have paired Arnold with Pete Shepherd, who was a Bruins fan. Anyways, EEI is not on my dial anymore, it's in my rear view mirror if anything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]Dale was okay to listen to hockey but Holley being his partner didnt help the hockey fan who was listening, you could almost tell Dale avoided getting into deep hockey conversations becuase he knew it wasnt Holley's forte. I always thought they should have paired Arnold with Pete Shepherd, who was a Bruins fan. Anyways, EEI is not on my dial anymore, it's in my rear view mirror if anything.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Pete Shepherd added something to that station, I actually thought he did a great job filling in when Ordway takes off for the summer.  And I agree about Linda Cohn, but don't know why for the life of me I think she's attractive.  Probably a lot of it has to do with the fact that she likes sports. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

honestly, who cares about them? Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Sarah Palin say some crazy stuff too; you just have to learn to tune out crazy/stupid people.

D&C are petty, glib, ignorant fools--ignore them.

I don't understand why you guys feel the need to defend yourself against such blatant yahoos.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans : I was never a bandwagon jumper.  My parents were Bruins fans.  I was born a Bruins fan.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Histrionics my true Bs fan!  My parents family generation go back 350 years in NH, does that make you an flatlander or foreigner cause your parents or family possibly were immigrated from wherever to America?  Nope.  My parents did not like hockey per se, my Dad did bring me to some games in Rochester, NY when I was a kid, I liked the sport... Gerry Cheevers was the goaltender for the Amerks.  I liked Bronco Horvath etc. as well.   We moved back to NE, I became a Bs fan.  Now does you definition make you less or more of a fan of the Bs.  We are all bangwagoners... generationally speaking and historically thinking as well.  I stand pat on my view, we are all bandwagoners.  Cheers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans : Histrionics my true Bs fan!  My parents family generation go back 350 years in NH, does that make you an flatlander or foreigner cause your parents or family possibly were immigrated from wherever to America?  Nope.  My parents did not like hockey per se, my Dad did bring me to some games in Rochester, NY when I was a kid, I liked the sport... Gerry Cheevers was the goaltender for the Amerks.  I liked Bronco Horvath etc. as well.   We moved back to NE, I became a Bs fan.  Now does you definition make you less or more of a fan of the Bs.  We are all bangwagoners... generationally speaking and historically thinking as well.  I stand pat on my view, we are all bandwagoners.  Cheers.
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    As crazy as this may sound-I don't remember when I became a Bruins fan. People here in BC say:why Bruins. I say that it's because of asking a friend about Bobby Orr when we were in grade 4. But as far as I know- I was born a Bruins fan. My son was. When he was placed in the hospital crib after being born- I put a little BruinBear on the bassinette . The Bruin Bear kept an eye on him his first  night outside the womb. My son was "Born a Bruins fan" He still has the Bear and he's 10yrs old now.I tried to quit the Bruins the years afterP.J Axleson's foot was in the crease-the early Thorton years. I tried to leave but couldn't. It's Black and Gold blood in these veins. . . . sometimes I can't get the hub here in vancouver. I think it's a CBS no broadcast in Canada thing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

The d&c show is like espn they bash hockey and it kills them that people like hockey way better than the basketball.They found out the hard way they are wrong. There ratings show this and I hope espn gets some competition so the same thing happens to them. I think Callanhan is arrogant not a racist. I can't stand when people throw out the racist word. Charles Barkley made a comment saying thats why I hate white people on National tv about 10 years ago and nobody calls him a racist. Why do people forget Michael Holly and his smug "holly hockey minute"I changed the station every time he said that.The big O show is awful I don't know how anybody can stand him. I can't imagine this Bruins run without 98.5 thank god for them . Zo is great his side kick kills me send him to eei

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

" Michael Holly and his smug "holly hockey minute""

I'd say that gave him enough time to tell pretty much every thing he knows about hockey.

I'm with you.

Not only doesn't Holley get hockey, but he clearly doesn't even try to like the sport.  At any given moment he's mainly concerned with trying not to look bad, which for him is tricky when it comes to hockey.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

Callahan is a moron. You should expect this out of someone who writes for the Herald. And this partner isn't much better. I always enjoy seeing him on NESN because he has more chins than a Chinese phone book.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans : How is D&C still on the air? Half the time they don't even talk sports, they talk about politics or one of Dennis' friends that played the most minor role in sh!ttiest movies. "Folks, we've got a real treat for you. Joining us now is the actor that played the homeroom teacher in Napoleon Dynamite." [/QUOTE]

this. these guys are tools. weei needs some spring cleaning in thier station.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

They are shlock jocks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]Wow...a couple of posters getting pretty loose with the "racist" hyperbole.  Looks like the glow from that Stanley Cup victory is starting to wear off... Look, I am not a fan of D&C, I haven't listened to them in years.  That said, jumping into a hockey forum to accuse people of being racist is over-the-top IMO.  Unfortunate to see it go there.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

They actually were suspended in 03 for a racist comment. It was when a gorilla or chimp had escaped from the zoo and one of them said something like, maybe it was looking for the METCO bus. So that was very racist or bigoted or whatever we call it today. I'm surpised they weren't fired. That was much worse then the Don Imus comment.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans : They actually were suspended in 03 for a racist comment. It was when a gorilla or chimp had escaped from the zoo and one of them said something like, maybe it was looking for the METCO bus. So that was very racist or bigoted or whatever we call it today. I'm surpised they weren't fired. That was much worse then the Don Imus comment.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20031007-NEWS-310079976?cid=sitesearch

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans : http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20031007-NEWS-310079976?cid=sitesearch
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]
    That's it. Thanks for the link.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Callahan is a smart azz I don't think he is a racist. White greed leaves the world in need . Who said that ? Obama is that racist? Why do you try to make this political this is a sports blog? The guy and that station have been hockey haters for years . Lets kill him on that or just switch to 98.5 like most hockey have done already.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]Callahan is a smart azz I don't think he is a racist. White greed leaves the world in need . Who said that ? Obama is that racist? Why do you try to make this political this is a sports blog? The guy and that station have been hockey haters for years . Lets kill him on that or just switch to 98.5 like most hockey have done already.
    Posted by michaelf101[/QUOTE]

Michael I agree this is a Bruins and hockey forum. I wish it was just that. I think our posters were pointing out how Dennis and Callahan talk politics a lot and express their opinions on it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

D&C know as much about hockey as Guy Fieri knows about tax law.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

The D & C Show is a total joke...I don't live in the listening area but from what little amount I've seen on NESN doesn't impress at all. I'm glad I don't have to endure these meatheads like the rest you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soo-Ontario. Show Soo-Ontario's posts

In Response to WEEI's Callahan insults Bruins fans:
    [QUOTE]He say's 95% of the million and a half were bandwagon jumpers.  Now, I know alot of people were out there just to get a look at the Cup, but 95%? That dude's got some stones. Link
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Guy is a jerk, why even bother..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

End this stupid ffing thread.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Stopped listening to those fools about 1 year ago. So hard to even turn to that radio station and listen to them act like they care about hockey.  What a shame. Callahan is a stiff. I wish Dale Arnold would go over to the 98.5 and talk about what I want to hear. There is so much of a void here with hockey. Not much draft talk at all as nobody knew what the hell they were talking about. Many on here know much more, but because they were clueless it went without speaking. I have to go to tsn.ca to get good info. espn tries to charge for every hockey detail. they should be ashamed. Just takes a little more work,but I know where to find what I want. In Boston should be at our fingertips and talks about regularly.