Weird hockey dream

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Weird hockey dream

BB's recent reference to William Carlos Williams reminded me of a strange literary hockey dream I had.

I was dreaming about Shakespeare's Timon of Athens and Timon is on his hands and knees scrounging for gold in the sand when suddenly he starts sliding, and becomes a goalie scrambling to cover up a puck, but slides behind the goal line.  And gets called for 2 minutes for delay of game.  Dream ends.

Weird, huh?

Anyone else have any weird hockey dreams?

(note:  it is officially summer thread season)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Weird hockey dream

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

BB's recent reference to William Carlos Williams reminded me of a strange literary hockey dream I had.

I was dreaming about Shakespeare's Timon of Athens and Timon is on his hands and knees scrounging for gold in the sand when suddenly he starts sliding, and becomes a goalie scrambling to cover up a puck, but slides behind the goal line.  And gets called for 2 minutes for delay of game.  Dream ends.

Weird, huh?

Anyone else have any weird hockey dreams?

(note:  it is officially summer thread season)

What does "literary" mean? Kidding. I have those standard "late for class" type of dreams all the time. In my dream, I wake up and realize I haven't been going to the games for long time and think I've just forgotten to be with my team. I call around and try to find out where the game is...but naturally they are all at the rink already. I drive to the arena and find that the puck is just about to drop and I have to scramble to get my pads on and out on the ice. I usually wake up while being in some sort of endless loop trying to get my gear on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I got chased by a bear in a dream the other night. I woke up before I became dinner.

Being a Bruin fan and dreaming about bears does this count as a hockey dream ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If you have played the game I think you will have dreams of that sort.  I played baseball in hs so my sports dreams usually revolve around being a pitcher etc.  

Daydreams are common for hockey on the other hand.  

"Don't judge me monkey" 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

If you have played the game I think you will have dreams of that sort.  I played baseball in hs so my sports dreams usually revolve around being a pitcher etc.  

Very true...I constantly have dreams about beaver-hunting :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

During the first round of the playoffs this year I dreamed Zach Parise and Loui Erickson were playing against each other in a mens league. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Whenever I have those kinds of dreams I always wake up a moment before the really good thing is about to happen, it's like being trapped in perpetual early high school.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Whenever I have those kinds of dreams I always wake up a moment before the really good thing is about to happen, it's like being trapped in perpetual early high school.

Ha! So true....so true!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In  June of 2010, I had a dream where I was having breakfast at a seaside café in Nice, France. I have the local paper in my hand, turn to the sports section and there is a picture of Kris Versteeg and David Krejci with the Stanley Cup.

In hindsight, the dream deciphers into Chicago going on to win the 2010 Stanley Cup followed by Krejci winning the 2011 Cup.

That's as weird as I get.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

No dreams for this fan.  I am living the dream.  I am always looking for nymphs in the woods. Ha.  

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to islamorada's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sections
Shortcuts