Re: Welcome to the Bruins Dougie Hamilton

SWEET!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

XMAS arrives early!....

let the party continue....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

OMG! Do you believe it? Thank you Kessel and Burkie...
    Awesome pick...no one would have predicted him to slide to 9. WOW a great day for the Bruins.
    Doc

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Never, ever try to predict a draft I'm ecstatic! When was the last time the Bruins had a June like this ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Here's to hoping all the scouting reports and what some of the posters here have said are true.  Based strictly on those, I like this pick very much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

At just a few days past 18, he'll be in the OHL next season, and most likely the season following that.  He'll come to Boston to play his three year ELD and when he's 23, he'll demand stud D money...and end up elsewhere.

First round defensemen are generally a bad idea.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Never?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

At just a few days past 18, he'll be in the OHL next season, and most likely the season following that.  He'll come to Boston to play his three year ELD and when he's 23, he'll demand stud D money...and end up elsewhere.

First round defensemen are generally a bad idea.

Boooooooo!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

In Response to Re: Welcome to the Bruins Dougie Hamilton:
    [QUOTE]At just a few days past 18, he'll be in the OHL next season, and most likely the season following that.  He'll come to Boston to play his three year ELD and when he's 23, he'll demand stud D money...and end up elsewhere. First round defensemen are generally a bad idea.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

NAS, do you EVER have anything positive to say? Go root for another team. Geez.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Never, ever try to predict a draft I'm ecstatic! When was the last time the Bruins had a June like this ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Dude, all I can say is wow.  Hamilton by many could have been in the top 2.  I am extremely pumped by this.  He will be in the league to play with big Z and this is a massive pick up.  Ahhh Kessel, thank you for the present and future.  Weeeeeehooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]At just a few days past 18, he'll be in the OHL next season, and most likely the season following that.  He'll come to Boston to play his three year ELD and when he's 23, he'll demand stud D money...and end up elsewhere. First round defensemen are generally a bad idea.

There is absolutely, positively no way he'll be in Major Junior as an overage player.  A top-10 NHL pick doesn't play Major Junior after age 19 unless something goes seriously away from plan.

He'll most likely start the 2012-13 season in Providence if he's not in Boston.  He won't be in the OHL. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Maguire said the nasty Bruins' defense "just got a whole lot nastier."  He also mentioned Hamilton is still growing and has to be more consistent in the physical aspect of this game.  Immediately afterwards, the camera went straight to the face of Brian Burke. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

You are the definition of a HATER....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Welcome to the Bruins Dougie Hamilton:[QUOTE]  Immediately afterwards, the camera went straight to the face of Brian Burke. Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

TSN just loves to give Burke the business don't they LoL!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welcome to the Bruins Dougie Hamilton : TSN just loves to give Burke the business don't they LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Dawg, if it wasn't for the fact he usually has a dour expression on his face, the shot of Burke seemed so curiously timed.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welcome to the Bruins Dougie Hamilton : There is absolutely, positively no way he'll be in Major Junior as an overage player.  A top-10 NHL pick doesn't play Major Junior after age 19 unless something goes seriously away from plan. He'll most likely start the 2012-13 season in Providence if he's not in Boston.  He won't be in the OHL. 
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

I lend credibility to your post much more than NAS's...and you're a Habs fan! Wow, that's saying something. But everyone on this board knows that you are very level headed and objective, so you're not a "real" Habs fan, LOL. Cheers.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welcome to the Bruins Dougie Hamilton : I lend credibility to your post much more than NAS's...and you're a Habs fan! Wow, that's saying something. But everyone on this board knows that you are very level headed and objective, so you're not a "real" Habs fan, LOL. Cheers.
    Posted by BigChara[/QUOTE]

I worked for 5 years with a QMJHL team. In that time, we had 3 players selected in the first round, and none of them were in the league as overage players (and one of them stuck with the NHL team right away--he was a 26th pick). Overage players in Major Junior are usually guys who are undrafted or late round picks who just aren't ready for the pros at age 20. Guys taken in the first round are never expected to be back in the CHL in 2 years, and if they are, something serious has happened in the 2 years between draft and their overage season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

This can't be happening. Are the Bs using up 40 years of karma in one month? GREAT pick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I love how people who truly have never seen the kid for one second before tonight's game are all on his jock, and yet I make a statement about drafting in general and I'm the bad guy.

You love the pick because of what THEY say.  I hate the pick because of history.

Before you starting clammering for a spot on this kid's lap and counting your future Cup rings, take a look back over the past 10 years at defensemen drafted in the Top 10.

Then come back here, RIGHT HERE, and apologize for being so stupid that you chose to jump on me without having the slightest bit of knowledge on the subject.

(Most defesemen drafted in the Top 10 over the past 10 years are either busts or on different teams.)

I'll wait right here.

Go get your shinebox.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

What is next?  Is Tyler Biggs sliding to #40?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

I love how people who truly have never seen the kid for one second before tonight's game are all on his jock, and yet I make a statement about drafting in general and I'm the bad guy.

You love the pick because of what THEY say.  I hate the pick because of history.

Before you starting clammering for a spot on this kid's lap and counting your future Cup rings, take a look back over the past 10 years at defensemen drafted in the Top 10.

Then come back here, RIGHT HERE, and apologize for being so stupid that you chose to jump on me without having the slightest bit of knowledge on the subject.

(Most defesemen drafted in the Top 10 over the past 10 years are either busts or on different teams.)

I'll wait right here.

Go get your shinebox.

Boooooooooooo!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

.........or maybe he'll be hit by a bus. What's wrong buddy? It would seem winning Stanley Cups upsets you somehow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]I love how people who truly have never seen the kid for one second before tonight's game are all on his jock, and yet I make a statement about drafting in general and I'm the bad guy. You love the pick because of what THEY say.  I hate the pick because of history.

I don't think you're the bad guy. I have no idea how this pick will pan out. I'm just correcting your statement that he'll still be in Major Junior in 2 years. History states he won't be.

Sections
Shortcuts