Well, Boychuk is Done

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Well, Boychuk is Done

In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done : What's the penalty??  Just because a guy gets hit hard doesn't make it a penalty.  Paille comes in with speed on the forecheck, like always, he chases the puck, Niskanen moves the puck, Paille finishes his check.  C'mon, this isn't girls soccer.  that was a clean hard hit.  I was all for the suspension when Paille hit Sawada, because it was illegal.  This one wasn't. What rule was broken?  Do you not want your players to hit hard? I'm not blaming the refs for anything.  But they got that one wrong.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Clean hard hit . Seems like charging is the call used nowadays when a player doesn't get up after a hit whether clean or not.

Peverly's highsticking however was the right call no matter how little it grazed Letang's face. It still did IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Mason Raymond said it was a clean hit...case closed. Isn't Karma wonderful?
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Omg you are incessant. Yes, I am sure at some point all players hurt and get hurt.

That was clean this is clean. I dont understand how karma applies if you didn't do anything wrong. Why dont you go drown your tears on mommy's pillow and get out of the basement for a bit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done : That does sound like good news. No high ankle sprain or broken ankle if he walk out under his own power. Phew..... thanks
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

That would be a miracle.  It really looked like a torn acl/mcl scenario with the way his leg was inverted during/after contact.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

"  Rule 41 of the NHL rulebook dictates that charging "shall mean the actions of a player or goalkeeper who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner."..this could be applicable on almost every play dependent upon ones definition or more aptly, interpretation of the phrase "distance travelled"..in my estimation, Paille, skated a distance yes but didnt hit the intended target directly from his first "travel" but turned at the end of his journey as the player had moved and hit him.....its been a few years since any Physics classes but I do believe that the velocity generated in skating a direct line is somewhat negated as one turns away from Pt. B from Pt A......therefore, as a result I dont think it was a deliberate , direct charge per se....but can see how it is called in this era of NHL turned ringette(that bi-otch Letang doing his best soccer player imitation notwithstanding or falling(posturing!??!) )...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Here's the deal: Paille was skating hard to beat the guy to the puck. When he lost that race, he immediately finished his check, cleanly. Body to body, etc. Clean hit, no charging.  What's he supposed to do?

Charging is when the puck is played and you've come across the ice to finish a check after the puck is gone.  This was a bang/bang play.   It's ludicrous to apply "charging" to that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done:[QUOTE]"Following the game, Boychuk walked out of the dressing room under his own power but with a limp. He told reporters that he felt “good” but wasn’t sure if he would be at practice Wednesday." Phew with a capital P Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

"Boychuk was seen limping after the game but walking on his own power."

I was just going to post this from Fluto. BIG Phew is right because if Johnny wasn't walking on his own it would be allot worse.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Lets hope that Boychuk is ok because with McQauid out if Boychul is out we will just throw the towel for the playoffs...there is no way the Bruins can win more than one round without those two guys ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done : It appeared to me that Paille left his feet, which makes it charging.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

But did he?  It looked to me like he takes his weight off his feet right at the point of contact, to avoid exactly the kind of thing at happened to Boychuk.  You can't plant your feet there.  You also can't launch yourself or jump to hit an opponent higher.  He didn't.  I don't know what he could've done except just let up on the hit and he even did a bit of that.  Of all the bad, dirty hits we see (boarding, head-targeting, clipping, blindside, late hit, etc.) do we really want this hit out of the game?  That sure looked like hockey to me.  Asham's hit too.  Sometimes people get injured and it is a shame, but some violent hits are within the rules too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Lets hope that Boychuk is ok because with McQauid out if Boychul is out we will just throw the towel for the playoffs...there is no way the Bruins can win more than one round without those two guys ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

.......and TT's bad hip ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Lets hope that Boychuk is ok because with McQauid out if Boychul is out we will just throw the towel for the playoffs...there is no way the Bruins can win more than one round without those two guys ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

Correction.  YOU will throw in the towel.  Other Bruins fans that aren't so insecure about every development, day in and day out, will continue to root for the team and believe that they can overcome adversity just like they did last year.  Or maybe they won't, but quit jumping on and off the bandwagon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

swami sez manchuck will return to the lineup to during the first round series. other predictions... DQ(stanley) will change his sig atleast 3 more times before the first round playoff series is over, null will post the same post 287 more times, and TT will win his second con smythe leading the b's to ANOTHER cup. you heard it hear first. WOOOOOOOO!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

here we go again with you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done : It appeared to me that Paille left his feet, which makes it charging.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

After the impact the feet went up and that's normal.  He was gliding into the hit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In these discussions about leaving feet and not leaving feet, you can see who knows the game and who doesn't.

When you hit someone well, your body comes up off the ice due to that mass (the guy you hit) not being there anymore/falling down.

There is a difference between jumping in there and raising your body before contact and what Paille did. 

The refs blew two calls back to back, period.  The refs should also be aware of the acting jobs and be aggressive in calling those like with Letang last night. That call basically means each ref missed his acting job which is unacceptable. If I am a ref, I am always questioning delayed reactions and over-acting like that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

BassFishing, you are arrogant and condescending. That being said I feel inclined to always want to disagree with you out of spite.

Personally, Paille came flying in and clobbered a defensemen. Yes he slowed up and no he didn't leave his feet to make the check. That being said his feet did clearly come up which gives the referee the impression that he left his feet to make the hit. Tough call for Paille. Thats 50/50.

Does a high stick have to catch a player in the head? The shoulder is still pretty darn high. I get that it definitely looked like embellishment but how would you react to a stick swinging wildly in front of your face? I would flinch and that may or may not induce a call based off a natural reaction that wasn't intended for embellishment.

And stanley? Seriously man? Another "OMG IF THIS HAPPENS THE BRUINS ARE FINISHED! FOREVER! AND EVER!" I'm tired of your bi-polar tendencies. Just shut up and watch the B's play. You promised you were going to go away. You BET us that the Bruins wouldn't make the playoffs let alone clinch the division...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Here's the deal: Paille was skating hard to beat the guy to the puck. When he lost that race, he immediately finished his check, cleanly. Body to body, etc. Clean hit, no charging.  What's he supposed to do? Charging is when the puck is played and you've come across the ice to finish a check after the puck is gone.  This was a bang/bang play.   It's ludicrous to apply "charging" to that.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]
    The location of the puck has NOTHING to do with whether or not a player is guilty of charging. You shouldn't be questioning other poster's lack of knowledge until you get the basics down pat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Can't find a replay of the Paille hit, would love to see it. For me, if a player leaves his feet to deliver the check thats charging. Now if his feet leave the ice because the guy he hit goes down and his momentum takes him then thats different.
    Bottom line though, the refs see skates off the ice and player down, in todays NHL, theyre going to call it EVERY time. right or wrong.

Does anyone have a replay?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done : What's the penalty??  Just because a guy gets hit hard doesn't make it a penalty.  Paille comes in with speed on the forecheck, like always, he chases the puck, Niskanen moves the puck, Paille finishes his check.  C'mon, this isn't girls soccer.  that was a clean hard hit.  I was all for the suspension when Paille hit Sawada, because it was illegal.  This one wasn't. What rule was broken?  Do you not want your players to hit hard? I'm not blaming the refs for anything.  But they got that one wrong.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

The charging rule.

Rule 42 - Charging

42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.

Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A “charge” may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice.

A minor, major or a major and a game misconduct shall be imposed on a player who charges a goalkeeper while the goalkeeper is within his goal crease.

I could see exactly what Paille was doing when he left the near boards at the blue line.  He skated diagonally a distance of 78 feet to make the hit.  When he made the hithe left his skates.  To me he broke the rule based on distance and leaving his feet.  Again I feel we were lucky it was only two minutes.

Boychuck lays Clean, Hard hits, he rarely ever takes more then a step or two to do so.  They are calling the charge based on distance which had been ignored in the past.  Guys are going to either figure it out, or they are going to put their team in compromising positions.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Can't find a video, but he didn't leave his feet before impact. He came cruising in like a missile and nailed him with a clean body check and they both went flying. He doesn't need to leave his feet for charging, he just has to travel a long distance before the hit. It was a borderline call that absolutely wouldn't have been called last year. I'm OK with the league calling charging more like they did in the old days to help battle injuries, but they really should send out a memo to the players.

Bruins Paille checks Penguins Niskanen during the second period of their NHL hockey game at TD Garden in Boston

[QUOTE]Can't find a replay of the Paille hit, would love to see it. For me, if a player leaves his feet to deliver the check thats charging. Now if his feet leave the ice because the guy he hit goes down and his momentum takes him then thats different. Bottom line though, the refs see skates off the ice and player down, in todays NHL, theyre going to call it EVERY time. right or wrong. Does anyone have a replay?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

shoot, paille he should have flung HIS head back, look how close that stick is to his face!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done : The charging rule. Rule 42 - Charging 42.1  Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner. Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A “charge” may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice. A minor, major or a major and a game misconduct shall be imposed on a player who charges a goalkeeper while the goalkeeper is within his goal crease. I could see exactly what Paille was doing when he left the near boards at the blue line.  He skated diagonally a distance of 78 feet to make the hit.  When he made the hithe left his skates.  To me he broke the rule based on distance and leaving his feet.  Again I feel we were lucky it was only two minutes. Boychuck lays Clean, Hard hits, he rarely ever takes more then a step or two to do so.  They are calling the charge based on distance which had been ignored in the past.  Guys are going to either figure it out, or they are going to put their team in compromising positions.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]
    I agree entirely.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Can't find a video, but he didn't leave his feet before impact. He came cruising in like a missile and nailed him with a clean body check and they both went flying. He doesn't need to leave his feet for charging, he just has to travel a long distance before the hit. It was a borderline call that absolutely wouldn't have been called last year. I'm OK with the league calling charging more like they did in the old days to help battle injuries, but they really should send out a memo to the players. In Response to Re: Well, Boychuk is Done :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I agree, and the refs are going to call it, I'm sure they've been told to.

I'm starting to wonder, we as fans know the refs are going to call this everytime. i bet the players after getting a big hit on them, are just staying down in knowing the chances of a penalty being called go up  significantly, cause if he gets up and conitnues to play, i dont think there is a call. Refs just seem have a mentality of guy down, arm goes up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

If Boychuk returns it would be a miracle. That looked like an ACL to me

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Haggs the donutbag just tweeted: "Claude Julien sounded an optimistic tone on Johnny Boychuk, but said theyre still waiting for word. JB55 undergoing an MRI on left leg today."

BTW, call on Paille was legit. If it happened to one of ours we'd want it called 100 times out of 50.