Well done, Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Well done, Bruins

In Response to Well done, Bruins:
    [QUOTE]Hard to believe that the team in Boston with the longest championship drought is the New England Patriots. (I don't count the Revolution). Congratulations to the Bruins. They earned it, and left no doubt they're the best team in the league. I'm proud that my team was able to take them as far as they did, because this is an exceptional club (and in all likliehood will continue to be one in the immediate future)
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]
    You're a class act Kennedy. A Habs fan but a hockey fan above all else. It's nice to be faced with an intelligent voice of opposition sometimes. It's important to have at least a few people here taking on the fool's task of keeping us honest. It feels awesome right now. I'm glad we were able to see the perfect storm we discussed earlier come to fruition.............sorry, I had to say it.    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

[QUOTE]Hard to believe that the team in Boston with the longest championship drought is the New England Patriots. (I don't count the Revolution). Congratulations to the Bruins. They earned it, and left no doubt they're the best team in the league. I'm proud that my team was able to take them as far as they did, because this is an exceptional club (and in all likliehood will continue to be one in the immediate future)

I am 46 years old and I dont remember the 72 Bruins win..I was 8 years old..I remember the 74 Celtics. I now have witnessed all of the major BOSTON sports team win at least one championship..what a great feeling and what a great ride since 2001..

My 14 year old son has 3 Pats Championships, 2 Sox, One Celtics and now one Bruins..I said enjoy it this is truly title town..now that is more than a life time of Championships..

Congratulations to the 2011 Bruins what a great playoff ride..I will admit I am not the biggest Hockey..But I am now..true grit, heart and defense one this cup...just awesome!!!

PS Got Rings! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Re: Well done, Bruins:
    [QUOTE]Congrats to the Bruins -- Stanley Cup Champions. Man, it hurts to say that, but the Bs played the perfect road game.  Gave the Canucks very little space, no really good  looks, and cleared every rebound.  Thomas shut the door. The Bs got a couple lucky bounces on some goals, and the Canucks couldn't buy a bounce. In the end, the Canucks simply can't have their top 4 salary guys (Luongo, Sedin, Sedin and Kesler) not bring their 'A' game to the most important 7 games of the season, and expect to beat a team as good as Boston. I hope the Bs fans took note that virtually everyone in the building stayed for the Cup presentation, and gave great ovations to Thomas and our local boy Lucic.  Really, the only boos were reserved for Bergeron and (understandably) Boychuk.  Well, of course, Bettman got the biggest razz, but he deserves it. Losing two years in a row to the Cup winners teaches a team lessons, and the Canucks will be back next year, with a vengeance. 
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Not sure if I could be that gracious if we had lost that one. You will indeed be back as your team is extremely talented. A couple of corrections -- Nice job using Bettman as an excuse to boo the entire presentation of the cup. Many teams boo him when he initally comes out but don't normally push it that far. And the biggest razz was for Marchand -- The guy was almost as integral to the Bruins success as Thomas. Sort of a Ken Linesman only with a million moves and a scoring touch.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I have waited 39 years to celebrate with all my Bruins fans.. A lot of heartbreaks along the way, terrible disappointments, unfulfilled expectations etc.. I don't mind telling you that when the clock struck 0:00 I completely went num.. Like , I couldn't believe what had just happened..Then the tears started to flow as TT was being interviewed and the whole scenario was unfolding on TV.. What a journey this man has had to get to the pinnacle of his career.. Anyone who does not feel good for TT at this time  is not a human being..

GOD BLESS YOU BOYS!! Thanks from this Bruins fan for an incredible journey this year.. Many of us counted you guys out many times, yet the resolve and the character of this team would not be denied.. Job well done indeed !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Thank you Kennedy.  You have always been one of the best posters on here.

But truly......thank you 2010/2011 Boston Bruins.  This has been an amazing run.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well done, Bruins : Not sure if I could be that gracious if we had lost that one. You will indeed be back as your team is extremely talented. A couple of corrections -- Nice job using Bettman as an excuse to boo the entire presentation of the cup. Many teams boo him when he initally comes out but don't normally push it that far. And the biggest razz was for Marchand -- The guy was almost as integral to the Bruins success as Thomas. Sort of a Ken Linesman only with a million moves and a scoring touch.  
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]
    I'm a Canadian that was embarrassed by the behavior of the Van fans both in and outside of the building. Shameful.......I truly expected better.
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!  NO MORE WINS NEEDED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well done, Bruins : I'm a Canadian that was embarrassed by the behavior of the Van fans both in and outside of the building. Shameful.......I truly expected better. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!  NO MORE WINS NEEDED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Really?  Ashamed?  Of what? The fact that 18,000 disappointed fans stayed and saluted TT as he was awarded the CS trophy?  That they applauded when Chara was presented with the Cup? 

Come on -- I'm here trying to be magnanimous in defeat, and this is what you post?

And the crap going on out on the streets?  That has nothing to do with hockey fans.  Those are the anarchists and Black Bloc-heads who use the excuse of a Gm 7 to cover their criminal activities.  These are the guys who pack hammers and tire irons in their backpacks to a hockey viewing party, and then put their ski masks on and start trouble. Arrest one, and ask him to name the 6 starting Canucks d-men tonight, and I'll be they fail -- exposing them as moronic anarchists, and not true  hockey fans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well done, Bruins : Really?  Ashamed?  Of what? The fact that 18,000 disappointed fans stayed and saluted TT as he was awarded the CS trophy?  That they applauded when Chara was presented with the Cup?  Come on -- I'm here trying to be magnanimous in defeat, and this is what you post? And the crap going on out on the streets?  That has nothing to do with hockey fans.  Those are the anarchists and Black Bloc-heads who use the excuse of a Gm 7 to cover their criminal activities.  These are the guys who pack hammers and tire irons in their backpacks to a hockey viewing party, and then put their ski masks on and start trouble. Arrest one, and ask him to name the 6 starting Canucks d-men tonight, and I'll be they fail -- exposing them as moronic anarchists, and not true  hockey fans.

49 -- You're a big man to come here after the game, bigger than I would be.  I started a post "Kudos to Vancouver" that I hope you read.

I really dislike some players on your team, but I think the majority of Vancouver fans are great, passionate hockey fans, and you deserve better.  I know your sorrow.  Hope you win one soon (not against Boston).  Cheers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well done, Bruins : Really?  Ashamed?  Of what? The fact that 18,000 disappointed fans stayed and saluted TT as he was awarded the CS trophy?  That they applauded when Chara was presented with the Cup?  Come on -- I'm here trying to be magnanimous in defeat, and this is what you post? And the crap going on out on the streets?  That has nothing to do with hockey fans.  Those are the anarchists and Black Bloc-heads who use the excuse of a Gm 7 to cover their criminal activities.  These are the guys who pack hammers and tire irons in their backpacks to a hockey viewing party, and then put their ski masks on and start trouble. Arrest one, and ask him to name the 6 starting Canucks d-men tonight, and I'll be they fail -- exposing them as moronic anarchists, and not true  hockey fans.
    Forgive me for not being impressed that the fans in the arena "reserved their boos for Bergeron and Boychuk". Nothing against you as you seem to be a rational,well-spoken individual but I'm surprised you think I should have to justify my disdain for the behavior in Vancouver tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Well done, Bruins : They're the best team in the league???? NOT! In this case the better team did not win!!! what was Vancouver seated? Oh yeah, 1st!!!! What was Boston??? oh yeah, 8th which is 2nd to last place! Just what the  NHL needed, another cookie cutter, over amplified, great eight team to win the cup! Not to mention the Boston fans are rude and way over bearing. Its just sad that the cup is given to a city of drunk Irish dumb A's!! Drop dead!
    Posted by boliphicus[/QUOTE]

The regular season standings sure are important. Keep telling yourself that when you look at that President's Trophy Banner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Well done, Bruins : I'm glad we were able to see the perfect storm we discussed earlier come to fruition.............sorry, I had to say it.    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Outside of the PP, all the ingredients of the Perfect Storm materialized, and as it turned out, the PP wasn't really necessary.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dickfromeastham. Show dickfromeastham's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well done, Bruins : Outside of the PP, all the ingredients of the Perfect Storm materialized, and as it turned out, the PP wasn't really necessary.
    Kennedy are you from Dorval? I stayed with a guy named Kennedy and his family for a weekend  youth hockey tourney back in the seventiesup there
     Then had Kennedy stay with my family for a weekend that spring down here in Boston..We went to Fenway for a Sox game.  Does it ring a Bell?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Thank you Boston Bruins - WOW - what a year!  Great job!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

lOVE THAT DIRTY WATER

Boston MA = Sports capital of the UNIVERSE.

TY Bruins . Bunch of hard working class Heroes

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Congrats to the Bruins -- Stanley Cup Champions.

I hope the Bs fans took note that virtually everyone in the building stayed for the Cup presentation, and gave great ovations to Thomas and our local boy Lucic.  Really, the only boos were reserved for Bergeron and (understandably) Boychuk.

Thank You.  I did take particular notice of the class the Canuck fans showed after the game, I respect that a great deal.  It just improves an already positive opinion I have regarding Canada in general.  It's disgusting what the "fans" did after the game with the riots, but "fans" is quoted because I don't believe these really are hockey fans.  These are social deviants who wait around for an opportunity to act like morons.  These type of "fans" exist everywhere, including Boston, and there all the same classless garbage.  Although I think Menino went overboard with his game 7 policies, it is obviously better to lean on the side of caution. 

Anyways Congratulations, to the Bruins, all of my fellow fans and let's keep this bu Rollin Baby no reason this team can't be even better next year!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Great Job Bruins!! I finally see them win a cup!! All the media including Boston Media were all choosing the Canucks to win the cup this year. This year's team had more heart and work ethic than the team that lost to Carolina 2 years ago. So all the Boston teams have won a championship in the last 10 years.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well done, Bruins : Kennedy are you from Dorval? I stayed with a guy named Kennedy and his family for a weekend  youth hockey tourney back in the seventiesup there  Then had Kennedy stay with my family for a weekend that spring down here in Boston..We went to Fenway for a Sox game.  Does it ring a Bell?
    Posted by dickfromeastham[/QUOTE]

Nope. Maine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

[QUOTE]Congrats to the Bruins....well played game, MVP Tender, that we just couldn't beat. Party responsibly and and enjoy the year, we'' be coming for that Hardwear next year.
    Posted by VanCitySir[/QUOTE]
    --------

Classy post, VanCitySir.  I have no ill will towards the Canucks for all the sportsmanship that went on on both sides this series.  Of all the teams in the west, I'd prefer the Canucks.   If the Bees don't represent the east, I'd pull for you guys. You deserve it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmm21. Show gmm21's posts

Finally!! THANK YOU Boston Bruins!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well done, Bruins : Tough loss. We've all been there.  Good job showing up.  I didn't think you were a troll.  Overall, good discussion during the series. I made some observations in another thread to the other Canucks fan (female) who came in disappointed offering congrats. Not sure if you agree with it, but I think they need to gut some of the core. Something is rotten with the intangibles there.  Just my .02. How on earth can you justify booing Bergeron? The guy has suffered multiple concussions, is a very classy player, a blue collar player and a great leader. You know, your fanbase takes one step forward and two back. It's not every fan there, sure, but damn, it's tough to like your fans and your organization.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

My mistake, I think it was Marchand that was the other Bruin being booed, not Bergeron.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well done, Bruins : My mistake, I think it was Marchand that was the other Bruin being booed, not Bergeron.

That would make sense.  I still don't really understand the Boychuk thing, because I think there was zero intent there, but it doesn't matter.  Great to see Raymond at the game and looking pretty good.

Marchand...I would hate...if he wasn't a Bruin.  I don't even like the antics, but he was just so damn good out there in this series.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Kennedy plse don't take this the wrong way. This cup win is even sweeter because we had to beat your team to get there! I don't believe the B's did that in any of their cup wins until this one. Even so; it is much better beating your nemesis along the way to victory!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Well done, Bruins : They're the best team in the league???? NOT! In this case the better team did not win!!! what was Vancouver seated? Oh yeah, 1st!!!! What was Boston??? oh yeah, 8th which is 2nd to last place! Just what the  NHL needed, another cookie cutter, over amplified, great eight team to win the cup! Not to mention the Boston fans are rude and way over bearing. Its just sad that the cup is given to a city of drunk Irish dumb A's!! Drop dead!
    Posted by boliphicus[/QUOTE]

I always thought boliphicus was the name of an intestinal disease.