Well done, Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lichtbroeder. Show lichtbroeder's posts

Re: Well done, Bruins

Go Bruins! The best basketball team that ever played at Fenway Park!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Well done, Bruins:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Well done, Bruins : They're the best team in the league???? NOT! In this case the better team did not win!!! what was Vancouver seated? Oh yeah, 1st!!!! What was Boston??? oh yeah, 8th which is 2nd to last place! Just what the  NHL needed, another cookie cutter, over amplified, great eight team to win the cup! Not to mention the Boston fans are rude and way over bearing. Its just sad that the cup is given to a city of drunk Irish dumb A's!! Drop dead!
    Posted by boliphicus[/QUOTE]

LMAO! this has got to be the most hypocrital sentence I have seen in this forum! You know what Bud? Your team lost because they didn't have enough heart! With the exception of Kesler; KB & Raymond.

For you to come on here & say the B's arent the best? Well you just put your own team down. Personally with the exception of the Habs. I always want the team that beat my team to win. That shows you got beat by the best! However; in your case? Your team; that is according to you #1? Got beat by "8th which is 2nd to last place! Just what the NHL needed, another cookie cutter, over amplified, great eight team!"      
    Tsk, tsk looks like your team needs a lot work! So does your city now as well since you trashed that tool!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Congrats to the Bruins -- Stanley Cup Champions. Man, it hurts to say that, but the Bs played the perfect road game.  Gave the Canucks very little space, no really good  looks, and cleared every rebound.  Thomas shut the door. The Bs got a couple lucky bounces on some goals, and the Canucks couldn't buy a bounce. In the end, the Canucks simply can't have their top 4 salary guys (Luongo, Sedin, Sedin and Kesler) not bring their 'A' game to the most important 7 games of the season, and expect to beat a team as good as Boston. I hope the Bs fans took note that virtually everyone in the building stayed for the Cup presentation, and gave great ovations to Thomas and our local boy Lucic.  Really, the only boos were reserved for Bergeron and (understandably) Boychuk.  Well, of course, Bettman got the biggest razz, but he deserves it. Losing two years in a row to the Cup winners teaches a team lessons, and the Canucks will be back next year, with a vengeance. 
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

49th, thanks for having the courage posting here.  You made some very good points, stirred debate, and just showed good sportsmanship.  Cheers, may the Canucks win the Cup soon!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Re: Let's LOWER their taxes some more

In Response to Re: Let's LOWER their taxes some more:
    [QUOTE]Your boy is in office, why don't you write him on this matter?
    Posted by newman09[/QUOTE]

Nah think i will write to some republicans and let them know that ike them i want tobankrupt the country and the government . Hell many good liberal things came out of the last depression that were needed , who knows what good stuff will come out of the next one you boys are seekimng . Im with ya all LETS GET IT DONE ENOUGH FOOLING AROUND  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Thanks to 49th and Kennedy. It was tough after the game. I could see the smoke downtown from my apartment - odd to be so estatic for my team yet dissapointed in my city simultaneously.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He reminds me most of Laurie Boschman.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

A tip of the hat, and some words of appreciation to the true hockey fans who I have had the pleasure of meeting on this web site. Your passion is genuine, and the Bruins are fortunate to have such dedicated fans.  I certainly appreciate the response which some of my posts received, when I was attempting to provide a rational view of the series from a Canucks fan's perspective. You know who you are, and I salute you, and the Bruins.

To others, who simply cannot fathom why I would come on to "your" site and engage in discussion --- well, the less said by me, the better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"To others, who simply cannot fathom why I would come on to "your" site and engage in discussion --- well, the less said by me, the better." I thought you and several other Canucks posters really showed why it can work to have other fans in these forums. You're far better, a whole different caliber, than the Lakers trolls in the Celts forum here who have turned that into a cesspool. 

I had some issues with your team's antics, but I seriously respect the challenge they put up and I have no doubt with a couple roster changes and maybe a tweak in attitude (like not reserving championship parades ahead of time, taking shots in the press at our goalie, etc) they will be back and perhaps even win this thing in the next couple years.. I thought the fans who stuck around booed a bit too hard a couple of times but overall you had to be impressed with their classiness sticking around for the trophy presentation. I'd love to see Vancouver win a championship, it's a great city. I don't consider the so-called "fans" who rioted after the game an indication of your great city whatsoever. I'm not sure it's fair to call them anarchists, drunk hooligans seems a more apt description. I'm not an anarchist but real anarchy has a heavy intellectual discipline and is not about destroying stuff for no reason while intoxicated. Using anarchy as an excuse to act like such fools is just as bad as claiming it's because of hockey. 

My only issue with your initial congrats, which I'm sure was hard for you to write, was the "lucky bounce" comment. Maybe if your team had lost 1-0 on a fluke goal, which happened to the Bruins earlier in the series. Fact is the Canucks were outplayed in game 7, in no small part due to a more consistent goalie. I thought that cheapened your congrats a bit, you might have just said, "The Bruins proved they were the better team" - this year. Instead of some kind of lucky bounce asterisk. Next year, who knows. I like your chances to come all the way back. 

Thanks for making the effort, like I said you're of a higher caliber and so are some of the other Canuck fans on this thread, except of course for esophagus or whatever his name is but we have fans like that too. Boston fans have had some successes in recent years to enjoy but we've had a lot of sorrow, those of us who have been around for a while, so I know the feeling. (remember our brutal playoff exit last year for example). I'm sure you'll experience the other happier side of that soon.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

"With the Lemiuex types, the Matt Cookes, Averys, Downies, Burrows and LaPierre types, they are gutless pukes."

Perfectly said, King.  Perfectly said!  This whole series Burrows reminded me of the typical hot sh^t, snot-nosed, prep-school punk hockey player.

That's what makes this V-I-C-T-O-R-Y so sweet.  It was against the most classless, gutless, type of hockey team.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well done, Bruins : I cringed when they compared him to Claude Lemiuex. Terrible comparison. Lemiuex was absolutely gutless. I get why Marchand would be disliked, but he is nowhere near the gutless level of Lemieux. He's Linseman with more talent. Or an Essa Tikannen type.  Marchand is a classic case of "you love him on your team, hate him as an opponent". But the respect level should be there. With the Lemiuex types, the Matt Cookes, Averys, Downies, Burrows and LaPierre types, they are gutless pukes.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    RWTK, I hope you're right because the Linesman I remember was a great player(92 points one year). Marchand seems to have a better individual skill-set though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Well done, Bruins : They're the best team in the league???? NOT! In this case the better team did not win!!! what was Vancouver seated? Oh yeah, 1st!!!! What was Boston??? oh yeah, 8th which is 2nd to last place! Just what the  NHL needed, another cookie cutter, over amplified, great eight team to win the cup! Not to mention the Boston fans are rude and way over bearing. Its just sad that the cup is given to a city of drunk Irish dumb A's!! Drop dead!
    Posted by boliphicus[/QUOTE]

LOL, how many fires did you start last night, go bite someones finger or pump up your tires!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

That was the greatest night of my life! THANK YOU BRUINS!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]That was the greatest night of my life! THANK YOU BRUINS!!!
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

OK, I don't profess to know anything about you, so perhaps last night actually WAS your greatest, but even if the Canucks had won last night (and remember, it would have been the Canucks FIRST EVER Stanley Cup), it would still rank, at best, third on my "greatest night/day ever" list, behind my wedding day, my daughter's birth, and my son's birth.  It may even have been moved to fourth, when I see my daughter graduate high school in two weeks.

Don't get me wrong, I would have LOVED to see the Canucks win last night, but I also believe in keeping things in perspective.  After last night's loss, I was disappointed, for sure, but the behaviour of some of Vancouver's worst citizens disturbed me more. And despite the loss, the sun ACTUALLY came up this morning, the birds were still singing in my back yard, and I still had to go to work (sigh).

Of course, I say this now (perhaps rationalizing the loss), but maybe I'll be singing a different tune next year when the Canucks win the 2012 Cup.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well done, Bruins : OK, I don't profess to know anything about you, so perhaps last night actually WAS your greatest, but even if the Canucks had won last night (and remember, it would have been the Canucks FIRST EVER Stanley Cup), it would still rank, at best, third on my "greatest night/day ever" list, behind my wedding day, my daughter's birth, and my son's birth.  It may even have been moved to fourth, when I see my daughter graduate high school in two weeks. Don't get me wrong, I would have LOVED to see the Canucks win last night, but I also believe in keeping things in perspective.  After last night's loss, I was disappointed, for sure, but the behaviour of some of Vancouver's worst citizens disturbed me more. And despite the loss, the sun ACTUALLY came up this morning, the birds were still singing in my back yard, and I still had to go to work (sigh). Of course, I say this now (perhaps rationalizing the loss), but maybe I'll be singing a different tune next year when the Canucks win the 2012 Cup.
    Good luck 49. If there is any consolation for you, it is that the Canucks should be as good or better next year.The finals truly was a series that could've gone either way.Don't worry, training camp is just around the corner. Congrats to your daughter and family. I hope the summer brings you happier memories.Cheers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In the middle of all the joy I wondered if this championship will give the Bruins the respect they deserve.  They're a solid club seemingly set up for several years of competitiveness and hopefully more titles. 

Later on I read some articles that seemed to veer on the path of what the Canucks did wrong rather than paying the B's their proper due in what they did right.  Anyone else get that vibe from what they've seen and heard?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In the middle of all the joy I wondered if this championship will give the Bruins the respect they deserve.  They're a solid club seemingly set up for several years of competitiveness and hopefully more titles.  Later on I read some articles that seemed to veer on the path of what the Canucks did wrong rather than paying the B's their proper due in what they did right.  Anyone else get that vibe from what they've seen and heard?
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I've seen a little bit of that, but I have to say I listened to CBC radio most of the day today and thought the coverage was pretty glowing for the Bruins.  Greg Brady went so far as to say that the refs were trying to even things up and were favoring Vancouver (??, Lucic call maybe?). 

Everybody was very clear in their disgust for the rioting, along with sympathy for the true hockey fans up there who had to endure the loss and then the idiots trashing their city.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]A tip of the hat, and some words of appreciation to the true hockey fans who I have had the pleasure of meeting on this web site. Your passion is genuine, and the Bruins are fortunate to have such dedicated fans.  I certainly appreciate the response which some of my posts received, when I was attempting to provide a rational view of the series from a Canucks fan's perspective. You know who you are, and I salute you, and the Bruins. To others, who simply cannot fathom why I would come on to "your" site and engage in discussion --- well, the less said by me, the better.
    when fans speak rationale,it's easy to have back and forth banter.

i went to the Philly forum last year before and after the collapse and i was treated with the utmost respect. now,the abuse i suffererd at Game 4 in Philly is a different story.

as for your Canucks, Thomas , Luongo and the injury bug were some of the major reasons for the loss. but you still have a great team and will be back.

oh and someone needs to put the 'C' on Ryan Kesler.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Kesler's 1 assist earned this how?

Torres Hansen and lapdog were their best players is why they lost.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]Kesler's 1 assist earned this how? Torres Hansen and lapdog were their best players is why they lost.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]
    one assist or 20 the guy was playing like it was a 7th game. had quite a few chances in the offensive zone. and supposedly he was also playing hurt.

take him on the B's anytime.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well done, Bruins : I've seen a little bit of that, but I have to say I listened to CBC radio most of the day today and thought the coverage was pretty glowing for the Bruins.  Greg Brady went so far as to say that the refs were trying to even things up and were favoring Vancouver (??, Lucic call maybe?).  Everybody was very clear in their disgust for the rioting, along with sympathy for the true hockey fans up there who had to endure the loss and then the idiots trashing their city.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch - The stupid aftermath was massive news here in Toronto.  CBC picked it up right away.  It should be interesting to see what predictions magazines like The Hockey News and others have for the Bruins and where they'll rank entering next season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well done, Bruins : OK, I don't profess to know anything about you, so perhaps last night actually WAS your greatest, but even if the Canucks had won last night (and remember, it would have been the Canucks FIRST EVER Stanley Cup), it would still rank, at best, third on my "greatest night/day ever" list, behind my wedding day, my daughter's birth, and my son's birth.  It may even have been moved to fourth, when I see my daughter graduate high school in two weeks. Don't get me wrong, I would have LOVED to see the Canucks win last night, but I also believe in keeping things in perspective.  After last night's loss, I was disappointed, for sure, but the behaviour of some of Vancouver's worst citizens disturbed me more. And despite the loss, the sun ACTUALLY came up this morning, the birds were still singing in my back yard, and I still had to go to work (sigh). Of course, I say this now (perhaps rationalizing the loss), but maybe I'll be singing a different tune next year when the Canucks win the 2012 Cup.

I can say without a doubt and in all honesty it was the best night of my life. Since I was 4 years old and all the time I have spent watching them or listening on the radio, money spent on tickets to games and time it takes to travel 6hours each way to boston, Countles emotinal feelings spent on the ups and downs of the team. I don't have kids and am single both things at this stage of my life I am happy about. I love my family and friends don't get me wrong but last night was the greatest night of my life seeing the bruins win the cup. Years to come will that change maybe? I been insulted by so many people for wearing bruins stuff and always being told they suck or they will never win the cup. Last night was awsome. I spent last night watching the game with my father and 5 of my best friends should have seen 6 grown men with tears in their eyes hugging eachother. Was awome after the game walking to the local bar all of us in bruins jerseys felt like we were on top of the world. People there just kept buyin me shots because they know what a crazy bruins fan I am. I did need them because I guess I had 20 something beers before and during the game but I started at 2 in the afternoon so they were spaced out. One of my friends twisted his ankle and got a ride home from a cop. I jumped in a kids pool on main st on the walk home as to why I don't know was drunk and over joyed but everyone almost piz ed them selfs laughing.

For my devotion to the bruins through good and bad years it doesn't get any better than last night.

I am 28 and have had the bruins logo tatooed on my arm since I was 18

ask many posters on here I am not right in the head though lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Well done, Bruins : I've seen a little bit of that, but I have to say I listened to CBC radio most of the day today and thought the coverage was pretty glowing for the Bruins.  Greg Brady went so far as to say that the refs were trying to even things up and were favoring Vancouver (??, Lucic call maybe?).  Everybody was very clear in their disgust for the rioting, along with sympathy for the true hockey fans up there who had to endure the loss and then the idiots trashing their city.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

The moronic rioters made international news, and lead the news cycle in Canada. I wonder if people outside of Vancouver have heard that a rapidly put together Facebook campaign has resulted in over 20,000 people voluntarily coming downtown with brooms, shovels, etc. to clean up the mess made by the idiots.  Within a day, downtown Vancouver was looking like its old self, thanks to people who really care about the city. 

Also, another great thing:  people were using their smartphones to capture the rioters, and are posting their photos on various web sites to get people to ID them.  If rioters think they can cause havoc in the Web 2.0 world and remain anonymous, they have another thing coming.  Already, I've heard about people being fired from their jobs, losing scholarships, being expelled from their schools and  not being able to attend their graduations.  There are costs associated with being a moron, as these are learning.

Sections
Shortcuts