west game 7's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

west game 7's

i would love- like most everyone else here to see an original 6 SCF. but that's what my heart tells me. i'll pose the question this way... two ways to respond to each west series. which team you'd put your $ on, and which team your heart is with( team you want to win). they might be the one in the same, or could be different. curious to see where everyone goes with this. i'd put money on the kings(at home, defending SC champs, quick, mr. clutch-brown), my heart is with the sharks(for the simple reason i think the b's could handle them easier in the SCF). i'd put money on the hawks(at home, kane, toews, hossa, seabrook- they have serious talent). my heart is with the wings(always had a soft spot for the wings-going back to the adk wings, class organization, i love watching daytsuk play). "always bet with your wallet, not your heart", a saying i've remembered since i was a kid. glad i'm not a betting man.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: west game 7's

Heart and money with the Kings - money on the Hawks, heart with the Wings.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

This is my take on how the series will play out. 

I see Chicago finishing off the Wings. Even after the Wings went up 3-1, I still thought the Hawkes had it in them to come back, and force their will on Detroit much like the B's did to the Leafs. Bigger, badder, and more depth over all, and their high-end talent is FAR superior to the Wings. Love Datsyuk, but after him and Zeddy, it drops drastically. Towes, Cane, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, etc, etc... Good for the Wings if they can win the last game, but I doubt it.

I see LA pulling it out. Could go either way, and I wouldn't be shocked if SJ did, I just think home ice is enough to be the difference. Plus Quick is the better goaltender.

Chicago and LA -  I am picking Chicago, but don't think I would put too much money on it. Their forwards are a saw off, but I think Chicago has a better D, so it might come down to goaltending, and that goes to LA. So a close series all in all.

Boston beating Chicago in 6. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

If we're betting against the spread I'm taking both road teams getting 1.5 goals.

I do like Detroit to win outright, and LA wins by a goal.  Easy money!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

no spreads- straight up. who would you put money on to win? this isn't vegas, it's a hockey forum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Howard steals game 7 & LA needs to lose at home at some point. Tonite is the nite that happens. As a hockey fan I'd love to see the last 2 champs battle it out, but if the B's have to lose. I'd rather it be against the champs & I certainly want Joe Thornton winning a cup over Iglina. I hope that SOB never wins one! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

no spreads- straight up. who would you put money on to win? this isn't vegas, it's a hockey forum.

Sometimes it's not even that!

But to answer your question Det & LA

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

LA wins. Chicago wins.  LA beats Chicago. LA wins cup over Pitt.  Dont hate bc i didnt pick the bruins.  Its just what i think will happen.  I think boston has a great chance and will give pitt everything it can handle.  I just worry about their scoring.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Money - Kings and Hawks

Heart - Sharks (favorite West team) and Wings

If the Bruins don't win the Cup, I'm pulling for the Sharks.  I'd be happy for Joe to etch his name on the cup and I'm a huge Marleau fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Money - Kings and Hawks

If the Bruins don't win the Cup, I'm pulling for the Sharks.  I'd be happy for Joe to etch his name on the cup and I'm a huge Marleau fan.

Bruins obvious cup favorite choice.  Then anyone who can beat Pitt.  I think LA can beat pitt.  Richards will drive crosby batty.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Money Hawks and Kings

Heart Wings and Sharks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Money - Kings and Hawks

Bruins obvious cup favorite choice.  Then anyone who can beat Pitt.  I think LA can beat pitt.  Richards will drive crosby batty.  

Agreed.  The Kings remind me a lot of the B's.  I think if Pitt were to beat us, facing a similar team in the Kings could spell trouble for them.  I'm hoping either/or will take Crosbaby and co. down.

From a non-biased hockey fan perspective, I feel like the two preferable matchups would be as followed:

Kings vs. B's - reigning champs facing off against the team that was reigning champs the season before.  This series would be an all-out war.  Two of the more physical, blue-collar type teams in the league battling it out for the cup.  Imagine how many hits there would be?  My goodness.  Watching Tuukka and Quick battle it out would also be a joy to watch.  This would be an awesome series.

or

Hawks vs. Pens - the two most talented teams in the league matching up to play for the cup.  Two extremely skilled, more white-collar finesse type teams compared to the B's/Kings.  The two teams would probably avg. 5 goals a game each.  That would be a very exciting series to watch.

Either way, I'm going to sit back and enjoy more incredible playoff hockey.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

LA wins. Chicago wins.  LA beats Chicago. LA wins cup over Pitt.  Dont hate bc i didnt pick the bruins.  Its just what i think will happen.  I think boston has a great chance and will give pitt everything it can handle.  I just worry about their scoring.  

west set aside... if you had to bet $, you'd put your $ on the pens? o ye of little faith. shame on you. that's ok, i remember a time when the bruins were down 2-0 losing 2 games on home ice(mon '11). me, dez, and maybe one other poster still thought they could win. the 2 top teams in the east are going to play a seven game series to see who represents the east in the SCF. it feels like that right now only last i knew it was 0-0, and these bruins are damn good, why not have faith in them? oh i get it, afraid to be let down. if i have to read one more..."i'm just happy they made the conf finals" ... i'll throw my computer out the window. this trip is just getting started people!!!! GO BRUINS!!!!  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think Detroit not being able to close out Chicago the last two games comes back to bite them.

The San Jose/L.A, thats a tough one, but I'll take the Kings.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

When you look at the Kings home record and stats in this post season, it is a bold person who would pick the Sharks

6-0 at home and have given up 7 goals in those 6 games

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Chicago and LA

LA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Hate the Kings, love big Joe and the Sharks but I think the Kings will win because of Quick.

I like both the Wings and Hawks okay but cheering for the wings but I think the Hawks will win.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

west set aside... if you had to bet $, you'd put your $ on the pens? o ye of little faith. shame on you. that's ok, i remember a time when the bruins were down 2-0 losing 2 games on home ice(mon '11). me, dez, and maybe one other poster still thought they could win. the 2 top teams in the east are going to play a seven game series to see who represents the east in the SCF. it feels like that right now only last i knew it was 0-0, and these bruins are damn good, why not have faith in them? oh i get it, afraid to be let down. if i have to read one more..."i'm just happy they made the conf finals" ... i'll throw my computer out the window. this trip is just getting started people!!!! GO BRUINS!!!!  

Adk, dont go there please.  Go back and read the hundreds of posts i made prior to the deadline and going into the playoffs if these guys met up   Well they are.  I also said any team with a hot goalie, timely scoring, depth and health would likely win.  Im concerned on our back end and scoring.  I love what krug and bart have done.  I also watched the 2nd best defensive team get absolutely ripped by pitt.  

Dont confuse this as jumping off the ship.  I still believe they have enough to beat them and win the cup.  Im very concerned about our back end.  Krug, Bart, McQ will have a lot harder test with some of the best in the world.  This isnt boyle and asham in a trap at center ice.  

Its gonna be an absolute war.   Pitt hasnt had a team like Boston.  I cant wait for it to start.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

It's amazing how indifferent Thornton is in playoff games.

Please explain.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

What a save by Quick on Pavelski.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Unreal stop.  Hes so darn good.  Makes things look so easy. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

It's amazing how indifferent Thornton is in playoff games.

He has played well 3 or 4 years in a row in the playoffs and was the best player

In the LA/San Jose series.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Unreal stop.  Hes so darn good.  Makes things look so easy. 

That save he made off Couture was absolutely brilliant! His lateral movement is a freak of nature. He moves his body like every bone in his body is triple jointed. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Kings look real tough to beat. They've got that balance of everything.

Sections
Shortcuts