Weve seen this team before

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Weve seen this team before

Of course, since the experts have decided the Bruins will win in a cakewalk, none of this matters, but...

-still think complaining about the power play is silly even when they win?

-remember game after game after game when the B's couldnt finish, but they would run up 40 cupcake shots against the latest nobody of the week, then complain they played Jacques Plante again?

-the Bruins always, always, always have trouble with Washington

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Weve seen this team before

In Response to Weve seen this team before:
    Of course, since the experts have decided the Bruins will win in a cakewalk, none of this matters, but... -still think complaining about the power play is silly even when they win? -remember game after game after game when the B's couldnt finish, but they would run up 40 cupcake shots against the latest nobody of the week, then complain they played Jacques Plante again? -the Bruins always, always, always have trouble with Washington
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

What do you just sit around waiting to pump out the old "I told you so's"? Great, you're upset. So be it. You're acting like people here have been somehow inhibiting your ability to get your message out but seriously, we get it. It stinks when the PP (and offense in general) doesn't show up. It stinks when the Bruins lose. It is better when they win. Can't you at least wait until they're in a must win game (like 3 out of 4 rounds last year) before rubbing things in our faces? Trust me, there's not any happy Bruins fans right now. On behalf of all posters who said it would be easy I'll say you were right, it hasn't been.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well, I wasn't on the "easy" side - more on the who cares, I'll watch 7 if it takes 7 side, but PP comment here makes no sense.  Someone you expect that a better powerplay would have made a difference last night by scoring on it's one chance?  Best PP's in the league don't score more than one in four opportunities on the PP, so no, I haven't changed my position that PP isn't important enough to worry about it after wins or to blame it after every loss.

I think the more important piece of information here is that the Bruins got exactly one PP chance last night.  That tells me they aren't working hard enough and it confirms what you call the "cupcake" variety of their shots.  Washington kept them outside, the Bruins couldn't complete plays down low or side to side other than at the top of the zone, and they were juggling pucks so much that Holtby only had to face maybe three shots where the play forced him to move laterally as he faced the shot - and Peverley scored on one of them.  Even the final save on Bergeron that had Millen screeching like a Justin Bieber fan was a shot right into the crest.  He caught the rebound not the shot.  Doesn't matter if your PP is 50%, you'll still lose if you can't force the play and draw penalties.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Visions of Cam Ward and the Hurricanes are dancing in my head. Luckily this Bruins team is more equipped to snap out of it than that one was, but the similarities are certainly there.

Best not to let the Caps hang around. I didn't have concerns about MTL and TB going to 7 last year. I figured the best team would win and turns out that happened. But Van (then) and WSH (now) are teams that I don't want to see in a one-game-take-all situation....they are like Carolina and teams that could take this series away from an uncommitted Boston.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

The good news is that the top 6 haven't been very good, and they're still going down to the final buzzer.  The bad news, is that there is, nor ever really was, any reason to "assume" the b's would win.  They certainly have the ability to win, but at this stage in the season, it's about 50-50 for anybody.  Any team can get beat.  We always see upsets.  Those that feel the sky is falling need to deal with that. Unfortunately, a team can't just "decide" to play it's best, and the best team doesn't always win.  That's why the games are played.  Right now, the Rangers are in exactly the position as us.  I think Washington is a fair bit tougher than Ottawa, and many feel the Rangers are tougher than Boston.  Although many predict Nashville, many will also suggest that series is kind of an upset if Detroit bows out in 5.  History suggests Pittsburgh and Vancouver are in almost hopeless situations.  St Louis is about the only team performing to expectation so far.  Doesn't that pretty much prove the reality?  This series should be no great surprise.   
    Enjoy the games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

To me it does not matter if it takes 4 games or double overtime on the 7th game (like the Habs last year), as long as they ultimately win. SteveGM is right. Once the top two lines wake up, this series is likely finished.  

Could do without the heartattacks, though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Okay, it'll go to game 7 now. The Bruins will still win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Double overtime you think?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Weve seen this team before:
    In Response to Weve seen this team before : What do you just sit around waiting to pump out the old "I told you so's"? Great, you're upset. So be it. You're acting like people here have been somehow inhibiting your ability to get your message out but seriously, we get it. It stinks when the PP (and offense in general) doesn't show up. It stinks when the Bruins lose. It is better when they win. Can't you at least wait until they're in a must win game (like 3 out of 4 rounds last year) before rubbing things in our faces? Trust me, there's not any happy Bruins fans right now. On behalf of all posters who said it would be easy I'll say you were right, it hasn't been.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I bet you & NAS would've been doing this just as much if the series was over in 4 & 5. Don't be jumping all over Soxfan, because he made a thread about "being over-confidnent" when you piped in on Nas' thread about all the the "worry worts!" Don't play the double standard game Dez. You're far better than that, but lately you've been doing it a lot! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Weve seen this team before : What do you just sit around waiting to pump out the old "I told you so's"? Great, you're upset. So be it. You're acting like people here have been somehow inhibiting your ability to get your message out but seriously, we get it. It stinks when the PP (and offense in general) doesn't show up. It stinks when the Bruins lose. It is better when they win. Can't you at least wait until they're in a must win game (like 3 out of 4 rounds last year) before rubbing things in our faces? Trust me, there's not any happy Bruins fans right now. On behalf of all posters who said it would be easy I'll say you were right, it hasn't been.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Of all the Bruin fans I know most were sure they would have won with Backstrom not in the lineup.  That's the big disappointment with most.
    I on the otherhand look at it differently that the Caps would play a more defensive game without him in the lineup. I personally think the Caps would have opened up more like game3 with Backstrom there and that would've played more into the Bruins hands.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I agree with you BSL. I don't like them having another weapon like Backstrom, but I don't like them playing a shut down defensive game. The Bruins need to find a way to spread them out more and get hard low shots and grab those rebounds. Much like the Paille and Rolston goals. Where's Lucic's net front presense? He is a mountain to move out of the front.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

On HNIC last night, Greg Millen was doling out props to the Caps since (he stated),
    'Many thought this series would be a sweep'.

I never heard any experts(real or perceived) call for a Bruins sweep.
    True, many thought the Bruins would prevail especially with an untested goalie, but no sweeps.

Side note: I'd like to see Seguin-Bergeron-Marchand reunited and kept that way regardless. They have chemistry with Bergy's playmaking abilities and Seguin/Marchand's speed around the ice.

They can tinker with the other 3 lines until the cows come home.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

On HNIC last night, Greg Millen was doling out props to the Caps since (he stated), 'Many thought this series would be a sweep'. I never heard any experts(real or perceived) call for a Bruins sweep. True, many thought the Bruins would prevail especially with an untested goalie, but no sweeps. Side note: I'd like to see Seguin-Bergeron-Marchand reunited and kept that way regardless. They have chemistry with Bergy's playmaking abilities and Seguin/Marchand's speed around the ice. They can tinker with the other 3 lines until the cows come home.
    Posted by Davinator

Me neither and, believe me, I was paying attention. Even most of us simple B's fans did not come to that assumption. Both CBc and NBC seem excited that the Caps are hanging in there. I might have to start watching the games on mute.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Weve seen this team before : Me neither and, believe me, I was paying attention. Even most of us simple B's fans did not come to that assumption. Both CBc and NBC seem excited that the Caps are hanging in there. I might have to start watching the games on mute.
    Posted by jmwalters

They were so proud of the themselves for coming up with "Held by Holtby" last night I did put the game on mute. 

Held by Holtby, it isn't even that clever, raise your standards a little bit, eh boys......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Heh....I expected that from the bombastic Pierre Gauthier but the glee in Docs voice when the B's were stumbling around after pulling TT was particularly galling. I mean, what does a team have to do to earn some respect....win a cup or something?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Doesn't that pretty much prove the reality?  This series should be no great surprise.    Enjoy the games.
    Posted by stevegm

Yep and why I picked the series in 6 games. It's one thing to out play a team but you have to finish and the Bs haven't. Washington's defensive scheme gets props from me I underestimated them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Weve seen this team before : I bet you & NAS would've been doing this just as much if the series was over in 4 & 5. Don't be jumping all over Soxfan, because he made a thread about "being over-confidnent" when you piped in on Nas' thread about all the the "worry worts!" Don't play the double standard game Dez. You're far better than that, but lately you've been doing it a lot! 
    Posted by nitemare-38

Once again, no one cares about what you think Nas or I might've done. Mind your own buisiness and get your face cleaned up. You go find 1 thread started by Nas or myself in order to say "I told you so" and when you don't, your apology will be accepted. PS, what's it gonna take for you to quit on the team and leave again like last year?

Sections
Shortcuts