What About Hejduk?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

What About Hejduk?

The Avs are hurting again. Should PC try to pry Hejduk out of Denver? He'd have to be an upgrade for the 3rd line. I figure Fletch could give us some insight as to whether there's anything left in the tank.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: What About Hejduk?

In the spirit of increasing the "battle-level" of this team, I am a Clowe guy.  Get Clowe now, while the price should be lower for a guy with no goals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Iv always liked this guy, would be a decent pickup for future too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Oh. My. God.

Even Dez has caught the "What about" flu?

Soon, everyone will have it.

Before long NAS will start a thread asking about Patrik Elias

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

In the spirit of increasing the "battle-level" of this team, I am a Clowe guy.  Get Clowe now, while the price should be lower for a guy with no goals.

No argument from me on that Crowls. I like the idea of bringing in Clowe but I'm also intrigued by the idea of Hejduk finding his scoring touch again after a change of scenery.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I like Clowe too.  Being a leftcoaster,  I watch a lot of SanJose games and this guy definitely has much fight in him.  While the Pens on paper would be the most skilled, the B's on paper would easily be the toughest.  I think he could regain his scoring touch too with a change of scenery.  I would hate to see the Habs get this guy to give them more balance with their roster. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

No argument from me on that Crowls. I like the idea of bringing in Clowe but I'm also intrigued by the idea of Hejduk finding his scoring touch again after a change of scenery.

Not an awful idea dez, just concerned that he has been a sub-60 point guy since 2006-07. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Oh. My. God.

Don't worry about NAS, he's knee deep in research trying to justify how 2 college players Calgary received are better than the two guys that Boston offered.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Not an awful idea dez, just concerned that he has been a sub-60 point guy since 2006-07. 

He was a lock for 20+ goals forever though. He'd cost next to nothing and could maybe still catch lighting in a bottle. Low risk essentially.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Oh. My. God.

Upcoming UFAs on last place teams will always be a part of trade speculation. I've always liked to talk fantasy hockey. Have you got amnesia? Forget it. You wouldn't know it if you did. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Meh. I'm not really excited about Hejduk or Clowe to be honest.  I think the Avs re-signed Hejduk in an desperate attempt to hang on to some of their past glory, as he is the last link left.

He's been a healthy scratch recently and had the worst plus/minus on the team last year.  He still has great hands but he really needs other guys to create for him.  He's slow, doesn't carry the puck much, doesn't cycle well, and doesn't backcheck well.  It would be nice on the powerplay but that's about it.  I would pass.

I think the Bruins should be looking for some speed and versatility on the trade market now, even if its just a 3rd line guy.  I favor Glencross (deal with Flames??), or Matthias, or maybe even Galiardi.  I know that's just nibbling instead of trying to land a star player, but I'm not sure what's really out there that makes any sense.  If they could fortify the 3rd line with some new jump, grab another d-man and somehow get Lucic going, they might just gel the way they did in 2011.  Maybe Yetiberg helps.  Maybe Spooner does.  The best answer might lie within.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Meh. I'm not really excited about Hejduk or Clowe to be honest.  I think the Avs re-signed Hejduk in an desperate attempt to hang on to some of their past glory, as he is the last link left.

He's been a healthy scratch recently and had the worst plus/minus on the team last year.  He still has great hands but he really needs other guys to create for him.  He's slow, doesn't carry the puck much, doesn't cycle well, and doesn't backcheck well.  It would be nice on the powerplay but that's about it.  I would pass.

I think the Bruins should be looking for some speed and versatility on the trade market now, even if its just a 3rd line guy.  I favor Glencross (deal with Flames??), or Matthias, or maybe even Galiardi.  I know that's just nibbling instead of trying to land a star player, but I'm not sure what's really out there that makes any sense.  If they could fortify the 3rd line with some new jump, grab another d-man and somehow get Lucic going, they might just gel the way they did in 2011.  Maybe Yetiberg helps.  Maybe Spooner does.  The best answer might lie within.

Thanks for your input Fletch. I honestly haven't seen much of the Avs this year. The last game I saw them, Eric Johnson got run and nobody did a thing. I can't remember who they were playing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Thanks for your input Fletch. I honestly haven't seen much of the Avs this year. The last game I saw them, Eric Johnson got run and nobody did a thing. I can't remember who they were playing.

You're not missing much dez.  

And to your point about Eric Johnson is dead on.  You have no idea how refreshing it is to be a Bruins fan after watching Avs games.  Nobody sticks up for anyone.  The young 'stars' -- Landeskog, Duchene, O'Reilly, etc. -- get run at on a nightly basis and there is no push back.  I can't imagine the frustration of watching Seguin getting that treatment night in and night out.  McLeod's tough, but nobody else does anything.  They stink.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You're not missing much dez.  

And to your point about Eric Johnson is dead on.  You have no idea how refreshing it is to be a Bruins fan after watching Avs games.  Nobody sticks up for anyone.  The young 'stars' -- Landeskog, Duchene, O'Reilly, etc. -- get run at on a nightly basis and there is no push back.  I can't imagine the frustration of watching Seguin getting that treatment night in and night out.  McLeod's tough, but nobody else does anything.  They stink.

Fletch, Johnson was livid and even threw his stick as he left the ice. I remember wondering if he was mad about being run head high or the fact not a single teammate batted an eye after it happened. I see he missed 11 games after the head shot too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

My new wish list in order is: Cammilari, Glencross, Jones, Hemsky, Clowe, Giordano, JBo, Streit, Robitas, Whitney.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Having both would be fine with me. I'm thinking that PC wants a quicker-slasher veteran type and a big, down-low grinder Clowe esqu player. With the offense sputtering me thinks PC forsees more 2-1 low scoring games in the playoffs and that is where the Caps got the Bs, bigger n the on-on-one battles.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

a first and a prospect is what the Sharks want for Clowe, a guy who'd be playing on the third line with the B's....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Can we get Jari Kurri to play with Yetiberg?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Someone with more time than me: name me a player or two who dramatically increased his scoring output because of "a change of scenery." Not young players who made a jump as the natural course of settling into the NHL, but an established player who all of a sudden made a leap or significantly reversed a downward trend after a trade.

then tell me why the Bs should get Clowe.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Someone with more time than me: name me a player or two who dramatically increased his scoring output because of "a change of scenery." Not young players who made a jump as the natural course of settling into the NHL, but an established player who all of a sudden made a leap or significantly reversed a downward trend after a trade.

Didn't Recchi improve somewhat after leaving T-Bay? I don't see Hejduk as a guy who'd dramatically improve as much as a guy who could get back to his natural level.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

My new wish list in order is: Cammilari, Glencross, Jones, Hemsky, Clowe, Giordano, JBo, Streit, Robitas, Whitney.

Cammalleri and Bouwmeester would be perfect.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

and who do you move in order to fit the salaries of these two into next year's payroll, nearly 13 mil. combined?....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I don't get the "get Clowe" clan either, Asmaha.  I don't want the B's to trade for a project.  The dude is behind George Parros in the goal column. 

No thanks!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Matthias!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

and who do you move in order to fit the salaries of these two into next year's payroll, nearly 13 mil. combined?....

I don't move anyone, i'm not the G.M...I'm terrible at math as well, if I'm in charge of a salary cap, I promise you, that organizaton is going under, real quick too.

Sections
Shortcuts