What about Ovechkin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: What about Ovechkin?

In response to lucdufour's comment:

Exactly what is the new exception rule that will allow teams to become cap compliant for next year? 

to my understanding if you buy out a player under the amnesty buyout clause, you pay the player everything he is owed. he counts for 900K against your cap for the duration of the contract. There's a chance you only have to pay 2/3s of the deal. Still, no one is trading for a player, and paying him 89 million dollars for 2 months of hockey. That is one trade where you can't even say "if it gets you the cup, it's worth it."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

oh, and btw, it's "gretzky," not "gretzgy"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Thanks.  I'll go for option A then:  trade for him and keep him until he is 35.   Of course, I would want Washington to eat some of his salary.  B's could use a bonafide goal scorer year-after-year.  Thanks for the spelling on the Great One.  Good thing I wasn't trying to spell former Capital great, Lou Franceschetti.

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to lucdufour's comment:

Exactly what is the new exception rule that will allow teams to become cap compliant for next year? 

to my understanding if you buy out a player under the amnesty buyout clause, you pay the player everything he is owed. he counts for 900K against your cap for the duration of the contract. There's a chance you only have to pay 2/3s of the deal. Still, no one is trading for a player, and paying him 89 million dollars for 2 months of hockey. That is one trade where you can't even say "if it gets you the cup, it's worth it."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

oh, and btw, it's "gretzky," not "gretzgy"

Thanks, didn't know this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

In response to biggskye's comment:

Wednesday cannot come soon enough, to make this madness stop.

HAHAHA, its kind of funny how different people enjoy different aspects of the sport.  I personally love the deadline and all related speculation.  But then again, Im a weirdo.

When I play NHL 2011 (most recent one I have) for XBOX, I refuse to play a game in my season.  I want to see how I do as a GM, and therefore feel that actually playing the game is cheating.  If I do play, its only either a) the all-star game or b) an exhibition outside my dynasty.

Cheers.

i played out a full 25 years doing that. 18 cups. there's a way to cheat in chel 11 and 12 though, before the trade deadline, all first rounders are viewed as equal. pick the bottom 3 teams, and trade your picks for tehres and you get a number 1 overall

My secret is targeting the most underpaid players in the league.  In a sport w/ a such a restrictive cap: talent w/ respect to contract is more important than talent.

This is true in NHL 2011 and in the real NHL.  This is also why St Louis >>>>>> Iginla