What an embarrassment!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

What an embarrassment!!!!

First a game like this and you start Rask? Are you kidding me! Then the B's play tentative, they don't skate or hit. This is why the Bruins are behind the Sox, Pat's and Celtics with Boston fans...This is another example just like the Savard hit where no one came to his defense..Embarrassing! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Re: What an embarrassment!!!!

Claude definitely has some explaining to do....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

He was behind the bench for a 3-0 series choke and a 3-0 lead in game 7 what do you expect?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

If the Bruins can't score a goal, it doesn't matter who's in net for us... Thomas, Rask, or Bob Marley's ghost...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

But maybe with thomas in net this doesn't turn into a 3-0 nothing 4-0 game. You can't argue this claude didn't start his best goalie on the roster tonight there for he didn't give the bruins their best chance to win period.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

LOL excuses again !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

In Response to Re: What an embarrassment!!!!:
    [QUOTE]If the Bruins can't score a goal, it doesn't matter who's in net for us... Thomas, Rask, or Bob Marley's ghost...
    Posted by amazinglarry[/QUOTE]

mazinglarry... Sorry but you're wrong! Bob Marley's ghost would of stopped at least one of them..

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

[QUOTE]Fact is they played flat tonight it happens... but you really have to question the teams character when this game was so hyped and they came out flat?? if they play hard and the lose its easier to swallow but to just not be in the game is down right embarrasing. did they even have any scoring chances?? their PP is just brutal why dont they try the umbrella on the PP?? and while they didnt help rask much he didnt help them either!! if he makes atleast 2 big saves like good goalies do the bruins are in the game still. rasks play is very concerning he makes you nervous even on the routine stops.
    Posted by uppercut[/QUOTE]
    rasak has morphed into Hannu Toivenin. With the mask on I can't even tell them apart. Time to see what the Russian goalie they traded for can offer. worth a shot!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Rask had me and even Brick worried early, the way he was giving up his rebounds.  This was not the sens, I couldn't believe it that he was starting in a game that meant 4 points and against the freeeaakin habs, just another clod idea in the greater scheme of things.

They werent outskated, they were not outchanced, just outscored, Rask is not in playoff form and that is what clod is trying to get from him, so he can go back to him like he did last year. clod it is not going to work, TT needs his reps, he is going to say I need my rest drivel just to appease you, but wake tfup and smell the double doubleTT needs to play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

welcome back down to earth die-hards.
    That last road trip tease you a little?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Guy first of all Rask started because TT has an injury on his hand. Second of all the entire team was brutal today!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]THis is whay 7 game win streaks are meaningless.  It's what happens after you lose 1 how you bounce back.   And Take-a Risk is not the way to recharge.   Mr. Softee was certainly not helped by half an effort and the continuing saga of the Powerless Play.   TT better be OK, and he better start the next 4 games in a row or we'll be looking at the 6 seed in a week.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Maybe being the 6 seed is what the Bruins actually need. This team always seems to do worse when expectations are highest. Last year they play flat all season, are expected to get smoked by Buffalo, but win.

Then they go up 3-0 on Philly and everyone starts thinking SC, and they rip our guts out. 

This season TT looks like MVP, moves made b4 deadline are applauded, they go on a 7-game win streak, look poised o take over the #1 spot in the conference, they have several days off to get closer to that goal vs. their most bitter rival in what should be a "statement" game....the fan base is pumped and smelling blood--and they turn in THAT performance last night.

Honestly, I think I'd rather see them squeak in as a 6 or 7 seed at this point. Give me Philly or Wash. 1st round. I don't care. I'd rather keep my expectations where they were b4 the 7game win streak: i.e. This team is good, but not nearly good enough to win it all, and maybe not even good enough to get out of round 2---AGAIN.

What I'm sick of is the Al Pacino Godfather 3 syndrome ("Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!") I'd rather trust my true instincts w/this team which displays a consistency only in disappointment. I'll still watch, I'll still hope, but I'll know deep down they will fail, b/c they always do. (Then if they don't...well, surprise, surprise! But don't count on it.)

They really are what they are, and last night's game proved it: They have good working parts, but no flash, zazz, or finish w/high impact players like an Ovechkin, Stamkos, etc. Their PP scares no one, and in the playoffs, you're doomed if it's sub-par. For whatever reason, Rask can't get his mojo back from last year. Is he Raycroft redux? Maybe. I'd be willing to take another chance on him for next year b/c he's so young, and what he did against Buff. last year cannot be faked--he has it in him to be spectacular. But we're realistically this year down to depending on 1 goalie to be Superman, and if he's not 100% healthy, we're going to have as much chance against the villains as Lois Lane.

Yes, change the coach. In theory he should have been gone after blowing the 3-0 lead last year, but he does some things well, has a good system for a team lacking superstar snipers, and so an argument can be made for having him stick around.

Let the expected and predictable debate between the "this is only 1 game, quit whining" crowd and the "this team s*cks" crowd begin...it's like the sun coming up in the east on this board.

The truth is--as usual--in the middle. This team is actually good. They have some nice pieces and a good future, especially w/a more dynamic coach somewhere down the line, Seguin's maturity and what we hope is another high draft pick. But this year?

No, they are NOT good enough. That's what I'll be thinking as I watch their playoff exit, and will be somewhat cushioned by the blow as a result.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

i didn't read anywhere that Thomas has a hand injury...has anyone else?
    rask let two soft ones in, if he stops those, its a 2-1 game much more within reach for a tie and perhaps we pull it off

did anyone else notice, that immediately after the chara hit on pacioretty, as ugly as it was, the bruins controlled them? all that was needed, it seems, was some physicality

Sections
Shortcuts