What are they doing to Seguin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Re: What are they doing to Seguin?

In response to MrHulot's comment:

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

...I grew up watching '80s, '90s and '00s Bruins team who always disappointed...

Then you must have missed something, because the late 80's/early 90's Bruins teams (with Bourque, Neely, Moog and little else) definitely overachieved - inspite of the notorious cheapskates Jacobs and Sinden refusing to add a couple of players who would have made them true contenders. I even remember that the pre-NYI Mike Milbury did an excellent job with what he had, taking the Bruins all the way to the finals in 1990.

Good overachieving point which people do sometimes forget. It also explains why I was more accepting of the Bruins 88 and 90 Cup final defeats. Disappointed but resigned to the fact that they did the best they could then . Opposite situation today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

I grew up watching '80s, '90s and '00s Bruins team who always disappointed.  I prefer PC/CJ's team that won the Cup.

Back to the Seguin thing, the Bruins top three RWs are Horton, Seguin and Jagr.  One of them has to play on the third line.  Horton scored 4 goals last week.  Jagr is the guy they brought in to help with the offense.  Seguin's in a funk.  I have no problem with him on the third line. 

Accountability has been a key phrase around here lately. Seguin in his last 10 games has had points in only 2 games. The accountability thing then is put to use and look what happens. People complain about it. 

His present play exceeds only Thornton of any of the RW's. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Look - CJ is starting to get hammered, and while I feel that it's well deserved, you can't get on him for finally holding Seguin to a higher standard. I just wish this had taken place a long time ago, because even though his production had been good in the past - some parts of his game were putrid. That should have never been ignored, and should have been addresed, because this is where it was headed eventually. Fancy moves, fast skating and a great shot don't make a complete hockey player. We already had a guy who had that in spades...how'd that work out ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

What are they doing to Seguin?

Who knows? Chairman Julien has instructed him not to talk to the Press. Start to worry when a Coach becomes too-interested in 'controlling the message'.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"CJ is starting to get hammered, and while I feel that it's well deserved, you can't get on him for finally holding Seguin to a higher standard." - 'JWensink'

If that was what was really happening, he wouldn't be getting hammered.

An injury to Bergeron and Claude is flailing. He's reacting the wrong way to the addition of Jaromir Jagr - he seems at worst, almost resentful about it and at best insecure.

That is what is happening to Seguin - hence the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I wouldn't have an issue with Seguin being demoted but he has obviously become Claude's whipping boy. This is more of a CJ problem than a Tyler Seguin problem

So Seguin gets demoted and who gets promoted and an increase in minutes ??? Peverley and Campbell! 2 guys who by all accounts are having very bad years. If the merit based system CJ is so proud of is to have any validity you can't just reward guys because you like them and they are "seasoned pros".

Some very simple math here

Peverley 12pts -11 = more time on higher lines

Campbell 7pts -3 = more time on higher lines

Seguin 26pts +22 = singled out, left off the ice on arguably the most important PP of the year, and demoted.

and Seguin is in the doghouse because he had a couple of lousy shifts at center????? I think one thing is becoming clear in my mind. CJ has no idea how to handle offensive minded players, and is attempting to become the first coach to ever win a game 0-0

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

and Seguin is in the doghouse because he had a couple of lousy shifts at center????? I think one thing is becoming clear in my mind. CJ has no idea how to handle offensive minded players, and is attempting to become the first coach to ever win a game 0-0

This was also in full display on Saturday when he put Jagr with Paille and Campbell....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Seguin just got moved to play center following the Bergeron injury.  That lasts a couple of shifts longer than 1 game before CJ pulls the plug on it.  Now demoted to 3rd-line.  Disproportionate accountability being put on him.

Seguin will never be a mucker.  He is not a physical player and probably never will be.  What he has is a great set of skills that are not being maximized.  He owns it from his end, but CJ owns putting him in spots to be successful.  3rd-line?  Punitive.

Agree Crowls!!  Seguin has not been as good consistently as he needs to be but the accountability on him is hugely disproportionate to others.  I love Lucic but him and Horton and Krejci can be on for goals against and the two big boys not moving their feet and there are very few repercussions.  When TS leaves and stars somewhere where they look to use his strengths rather than having him play a cookie cutter style, he will shine.  Yes he may be a better player because of Julien's lessons but unless something changes he will start somewhere else.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Since it's relevant and seems to have been missed - Peverley was practicing with Daugavins and Thornton, so he too is being demoted.

Perhaps the real problem here is that so many forwards have had bad games lately that punishing them all would simply result in the same lineup?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

"attempting to become the first coach to ever win a game 0-0"

If he could he would.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Face it, in a game in which they absolutely had to win and desperately need to generate some offense, Gregory Campbell and his 2 goals this season lead all forwards in ice time (and don't give me the missing Bergeron story)! That is on the coaching staff entirely. It's called playing not to lose. If your top 6 all play less than your 4th line center, you're doing something wrong.

CJ's strategy right now is so conservative it makes the Tea Party look like a bunch of liberal hippies.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Face it, in a game in which they absolutely had to win and desperately need to generate some offense, Gregory Campbell and his 2 goals this season lead all forwards in ice time (and don't give me the missing Bergeron story)! That is on the coaching staff entirely. It's called playing not to lose. If your top 6 all play less than your 4th line center, you're doing something wrong.

CJ's strategy right now is so conservative it makes the Tea Party look like a bunch of liberal hippies.

I don't know about that, it would have been nice but i've seen the B's blow bigger games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from VicColfari. Show VicColfari's posts

You just made my day

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I don't know about that, it would have been nice but i've seen the B's blow bigger games.

Yeah, I understand that statement, but they will have a very hard time being more than the 4 seed at this point, and if we have to face a long series against the Habs (or Caps/Jets), not having home ice will hurt.

Maybe not a game they absolutely had to have, but one that they really really really would have liked to have had, is closer to the truth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

and also, I'm not saying Seguin has been playing well or doesn't deserve a dope slap. I'm saying the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

per Seguin, when asked about the change.....

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/04/tyler-seguin-moved-back-to-wing-joins-chris-kelly-daniel-paille-on-third-line/ Shinzawa of The Boston Globe.

“I didn’t play center there for too long, but I don’t think it was working out, I guess,” Seguin said. “In the first game, a few mistakes there. Obviously the first couple shifts in Montreal, it just wasn’t working. “I can’t say I was shocked that it got changed.”

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Yeah, I understand that statement, but they will have a very hard time being more than the 4 seed at this point, and if we have to face a long series against the Habs (or Caps/Jets), not having home ice will hurt.

Maybe not a game they absolutely had to have, but one that they really really really would have liked to have had, is closer to the truth.

I'm with you there. As fans we get all pumped up for a big divisional game, 1st place on the line and sit on our couches and watch the B's lay an egg like that, very disappointing.Its not like i expected a win but the overall team effort was not here. 

Sections
Shortcuts