What Boston really need for a playoff run????????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: What Boston really need for a playoff run????????

First & foremost, get rid of WHEELER!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Bobo I do like Weiss alot. He has Chemistry w/ Horton.

But he's just another Center that falls in the same level with Bergeron/Krejci.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

Too many teams are still in the playoff hunt to be ready to dump players.  Ottawa, Toronto, Islanders, Jersey and Edmonton are the only teams that might admit to actually being out of it yet.    There aren't a lot of scorers on those teams that would be an upgrade over our current players and who would be available for a fair price.   Those that are available are either signed to horrible contracts, or are UFAs.   

You aren't going to get an impact young player with several years left on the contract without paying through the nose.

As sad as it is to say it, I think Grabovski and Versteeg might be two of the better players out there that could be had, though I really don't see another Toronto / Boston trade happening.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to What Boston really need for a playoff run????????:
    [QUOTE](1) With a Savard injury pending how long he will be out of competition and how long will it take for him to get back into game shape. We have the playoffs around the corner and if savy is out for a long term, should the Bruins put him on the LTIR for \Bruins mngt. can  search for an experience center. The interesting fact now that Tallon is thinking about cleaning house ie Voukon Dvorak Olesz Stillman Weiss is on the hook for a fish to bite. Two players that can help the Bruins on this list are Stillman or Weiss(3.1 mill). I would wait and see the Savard situation and if he is out for long term then the Bruins should pursue Weiss he will be a good replacement and see what FLD. will want  in the deal to catch FLD's attention. ie Wheels (2) Minnesota are also putting some interesting  players on the block. Our old friend Koby and then goal scorer Brunnette. The question is will Koby come back to Bruins NO probably not but Brunnette is a reliable goal scorer and can help a team in the stretch of the season and play-offs. (3) The Kings are looking to dangle Simmonds for top a six forward or prefer center man. Out of these players I would pursue Weiss and Simmonds. I only brought this question up because it seems to be a popular thread or posting that i seem to read daily . Some are saying offensive d man. goal scorer and some grit.
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]
    Why in the world would Boston want Kobasew back?He's got 8 goals and 3 assists in 34 games.Boston would be taking a step backwards if they acquired Kobasew again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

The need an easy first round opponent....maybe Atlanta. Otherwise, they're gone.