What Bruins need to beat teams like Detroit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

What Bruins need to beat teams like Detroit

We desperately need a young D man   that can move the puck quickly out of our zone. Detroit forwards are struggling with Detroit's speed !

Chiarelli MUST try his best to get a  young number 1 or 2 Dman that will be around for years to come. This will be Bourque's replacement that we never really addressed ...until now .

Any ideas  who PC can go get for 2 first rounders and 2 current players with the team??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVESTAPLETON86. Show DAVESTAPLETON86's posts

Re: What Bruins need to beat teams like Detroit

more goals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

they need to play there best goalie  when playing a top team for starters

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: What Bruins need to beat teams like Detroit:
    more goals.
    Posted by DAVESTAPLETON86

The Nashville Predators.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Seguin

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

In Response to What Bruins need to beat teams like Detroit:
      We desperately need a young D man   that can move the puck quickly out of our zone. Detroit forwards are struggling with Detroit's speed !   Chiarelli MUST try his best to get a  young number 1 or 2 Dman that will be around for years to come. This will be Bourque's replacement that we never really addressed ...until now . Any ideas  who PC can go get for 2 first rounders and 2 current players with the team??
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni
    no they have to fight and destroy others!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Don't we already have a few young D men?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I think everyone agrees that it would be terrific if the B's could pick up a top pairing, mobile offensive-type defenseman, but last night was more about being flat after the Montreal affair.
    I expected it to be almost as flat as the commentators last night...OMG they were painful to listen to...they could single-handedly destroy hockey!
    Who were those two geniuses?
    Doc

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

They need TALENT and a COACH. THe Bruins are pretenders like I have said all year. The WEST has better talent and better coaching. Can they beat Detroit, San Jose, Vancouver....even Nashville? NO!  You play an 8-6 game against Montreal? You will never beat Detroit that way. Bergeron and Recchi against DAtsuk and Zetterberg? Recchi on the PP? LAUGHABLE! Come on the Bruins are frauds. They don't have the talent and the coach is clueless. You don't beat Detroit with Hamills, Carons...You have a talented player in Seguin but he can't get in the lineup. Why? Because the Bruins play so much better defense without him? 8-6...6-1? Give Seguin the Selke right now becasue this team suxs defensively without him. Ha ha ha ha ha.....Keep playing the Torontos, Ottawas, Floridas, NYI of the NHL and pad that record but forget about beating real contenders with this coach and lineup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

We've done pretty well against Philly this season... aren't they contenders?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The Bruins were outcoached and outplayed, then we had to watch the Detroit feed for more insult. Tuuka has not played in a while, Why have him go against the RED Wings??[ COACH -1]. Seguin should have played on the wing[ speed & smarts] and had Thornton[ zero contribution] sit {COACH -2]  Boychuck was awful, where is Stuart? [COACH-3]. Chara made some bonehead plays as did Seidenberg. Detroit focused on Bergie and Kreji [COACH-4].

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

They need TALENT and a COACH. THe Bruins are pretenders like I have said all year. The WEST has better talent and better coaching. Can they beat Detroit, San Jose, Vancouver....even Nashville? NO!  You play an 8-6 game against Montreal? You will never beat Detroit that way. Bergeron and Recchi against DAtsuk and Zetterberg? Recchi on the PP? LAUGHABLE! Come on the Bruins are frauds. They don't have the talent and the coach is clueless. You don't beat Detroit with Hamills, Carons...You have a talented player in Seguin but he can't get in the lineup. Why? Because the Bruins play so much better defense without him? 8-6...6-1? Give Seguin the Selke right now becasue this team suxs defensively without him. Ha ha ha ha ha.....Keep playing the Torontos, Ottawas, Floridas, NYI of the NHL and pad that record but forget about beating real contenders with this coach and lineup.
    Posted by nash99

I can't remember why in the world I would've taken you off ignore but I won't make that mistake again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

and let's not forget the brilliant move to put REX on the point where Detroit blew past [COACH-5]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Clod said the Bruins were bigger than Detroit so they should be able to beat them. Wow! What an imbecile! Take a look at Detroit...they play HOCKEY. They don't spend the entire game in the corners. That's not where you score goals. The Bruins were clueless. It's 2011, Clod..... not 1985. The Wings looked like the Red Army. The Bruins looked like the Washington General. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Detroit can skate and pass. They never fight. So you don't play Thornton. You don't even play Recchi. You need speed and you need skill. Oh...and you use your #1 goalie against them as well. Clueless Clod.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

PP is our #1 enemy. We go on PP quite a bit and if we scored at the right moment , suddenly the momentum of the game changes

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Alert  coaching. Replace Thornton with Seguin and put Seguin on Bergie's wing;  Move Recchi to Hamill's wing; move Wheeler to Campbell/Caron line;replace Boychuck with Stuart; Just a few thoughts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to What Bruins need to beat teams like Detroit:
      We desperately need a young D man   that can move the puck quickly out of our zone. Detroit forwards are struggling with Detroit's speed !   Chiarelli MUST try his best to get a  young number 1 or 2 Dman that will be around for years to come. This will be Bourque's replacement that we never really addressed ...until now . Any ideas  who PC can go get for 2 first rounders and 2 current players with the team??
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

I think we should defer comment until Sunday.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

In Response to Re: What Bruins need to beat teams like Detroit : I can't remember why in the world I would've taken you off ignore but I won't make that mistake again.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Agree, he is on my short lis of ignore's...
    Doc

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

The B's already have what it takes as far as roster players go.  They just had a bad game the other day. 

If people think Detroit is 'unbeatable' because of one loss, i'd say that is pretty reactionary.  Do people overreact after a loss to Buffalo? Toronto? MTL???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The East and West and different animals.  I think Boston is an ideal East team.  Yes I know its hockey but there is a difference.  And especially with Detroit.  They will never get sucked into playing Bostons game.  Dats and Lidstrom are superior talents out there.  I think Datsuk is extremely under rated.  I think he is the most complete fwd in the game. 

I wouldnt like our chances against detroit.  But thats why you play the games. 
    I still think we need a #2 dman.  Too much for Chara.  Take Chara out of that lineup and our def core looks terrible.  We need a top Dman and another talent up front. 

I think our team could win the East...but it has to add a few players and I think we will

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

The B's already have what it takes as far as roster players go.  They just had a bad game the other day.  If people think Detroit is 'unbeatable' because of one loss, i'd say that is pretty reactionary.  Do people overreact after a loss to Buffalo? Toronto? MTL???
    Posted by stingerjp

Yes , they do!!!

I watched the game the other night, according to the announcers, and the posters here, we were beat 15-0 and outshot 75-10.

With bad luck, we were in a hole after 2 shots, and another 15 shots later we were really in a hole with a 5-1 score.  At this point we were not outchanced,nwe were not outplayed, we were just outscored and outcoached.  Cj decided the game was over in the 3rd, play his 4th, just so Thorn could get that much needed extra time to be ready for the wings in the next game and to just scare the beejusus out of them with how hard he could hit the vacated boards.lol

The 3rd was our worst by far of the game, Cj had mailed it in and so then did the rest of the B's. TT made some outstanding saves and mediocre saves but stopped everything until the 5-3. Kind of funny Det put out their best players when 5-3 when up  5-1, Cj best remember this.

Det is not going to fight, they are going to use their sticks and chirp, and like Mon they won't get called because they stay right on the fine line of what is legal and not.

Meanwhile, we were not out of the game and we were pressing until Rec took his stupid penalty, (he makes Gill,look like a roadster at times) and a goal on the ensuing penalty and the Rask screwup behind the net sewed it up.

But until 16:14 and 16:48 we were still in this.

Cj has to go, and take his energy line tough guy with him.
    4th line came on at 1:10 following a goal, 3:34 - 24 secs after a goal, in 2nd at 2:07 -52 secs after a goal, at 16:14 (PPG) and 16:38 Bertuzzi goal, they come out at 16:38. An energyline works if it can outwork or crash and bang the line they oppose, our 4th did not do that, Thorn could not keep up, someone must have told him that Ward said he was his favourite fighter, because he skated around rying to get someone to fight and it was not going to happen.

What the B's need to do is give the puck to Det on their terms, dump the puck to where they are ready to forecheck the shiite out of it and the defender who is going to get the puck.  Lidstrom is def not the best D man in the league, if you just give it to him you make him look good just the same as the rest of the team. If you give it to him when you are actually ready to chase it then you stand a chance to get it back.  The same is the players skating it up theice and oh wow what a surprise when they are pickpocketed by a player skating back hard.  They have a lot of problems with this, they think, wow I have cleared the zone, clear sailing  to take it down now and then the puck is going the other way, and do they give the same effort to get it back, not usually, they think the D is there.  Berg is one of the few that has this pickpocket mentality and can strip others from the puck, Dats is like that but almost all of Det try to do it.

The B's can beat Det, they can play physical, they can outskate, they can outscore, they can outcheck, they can outdefend, they can out goaltend, the only problem is they cannot outcoach.

Sections
Shortcuts