What Bruins team will we see?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

What Bruins team will we see?

This is the game the Habs and their fans have circled on their calendar.
    Will they seek revenge ? 
    One thing for sure there will be adversity .
    I'm sure the league will be calling each team that they have an eye on them and don't want any problems etc...
    The last time this happened it was Cooke night in Boston and I really didn't like the life-less Bruins that night. 
    Will we see them play with emotion ?  or will we see a controlled bunch ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: What Bruins team will we see?

An interesting question.  Despite that the team has only changed by only 3 faces somehow the team chemistry has totally changed.  The 'letdown' game against the Pens went to OT, certainly didn't find a way to win, but they didn't roll over and die as we've seen before.

I don't know what team we will see, but I believe it will tell us a lot about the team we're going to see going forward.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The way the refs favor the Habs on their home ice leads me to believe the B's are going to try to skate with them and beat them at their own game because they can. I would only expect the rough stuff if Montreal initiates it...although if the score gets out of hand anything could happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: What Bruins team will we see?:
    [QUOTE]The way therefsfavor the Habs on their home ice leads me to believe the B's are going to try to skate with them and beat them at their own game because they can. I would only expect the rough stuff if Montreal initiates it...although if the score gets out of hand anything could happen.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm afraid of.  They'll be worried about calls going against them and will not play aggressive enough .
    I'm sure Julien will be repeating this message over and over . 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

I would have to agree with Hangnail.  I think if Montreal starts their after the whistle crap then we will see the pissed off Bruins team.  If not, go up there and get the 2 points and get on with your business.  Montreal NEEDS to win this game so i would doubt they will be looking for redemption in the fighting department.  not that they have a roster for that anyways.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The Habs would be stupid trying to play the B's type of game. It did not work for them a couple of weeks ago, for Dallas, or TB. The only way they can win is through speed and special teams. To try and rough it up would be bad coaching on their past and Martin is no idiot....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Play hard between the whistles and we will win.  We don't need the after the whistle stuff.  They can still bang and play physical.  The last game we instigating everything after the whistle.  I bet we stay more controlled.  We need the win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Play hard between the whistles and we will win.  We don't need the after the whistle stuff.  They can still bang and play physical.  The last game we instigating everything after the whistle.  I bet we stay more controlled.  We need the win.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Last time after every whistle and scrum the Bruins got the extra 2mins and I think the Habs scored on PP almost everytime.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Siedenberg nailing Letang, Boychuk hammering Cooke, Lucic well being Lucic is the team that I want to see. I'm really interested to see how Kelly and Peverley effect the game as the habs have not seen this speed on the Bruins the past few years.

I hope Julien gives Bartkowski more minutes to see his skating skills and give him more confidence to the kid but doubt it he'll overplay Siedenberg again. Just have to hope Ference and Kampfer get back soon as Claude's in game management will be cautious as usual. Not playing Bartkowski and Seguin more minutes will bite Julien in games this week against Buffalo and Montreal as Boston will need fresh legs late in the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Bruins team will we see? : Last time after every whistle and scrum the Bruins got the extra 2mins and I think the Habs scored on PP almost everytime.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I don't know why but it always seem that the Habs pp owns the Bruins. Last game 4 for 6 against Bruins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I will be at the game tonight with my Patrice Bergeron's BRUINS jersey...hope we win that game the feeling will be great ...a win against Mtl is so sweet ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Which goalie will we see?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]I will be at the game tonight with my Patrice Bergeron's BRUINS jersey...hope we win that game the feeling will be great ...a win against Mtl is so sweet .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Wave to the cameras as much as possible so we can see you.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Julien on the question of discipline
    " Good penalties are easy to kill it's the bad ones that aren't and come back to bite us. If we get penalties we need to go to the box for the right reasons." 

On the carry over factor due to the last game he said:
    " Last game there was a lot of frustration carried over and part was us sticking up for each other.  They (Hab players) like to stir the pot and then act all innocent. " LOL

From these comments I'm guessing Julien will not be holding back his players and hopefully they got out and play with emotion.
    As many of you have been saying, hit hit hit them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]I will be at the game tonight with my Patrice Bergeron's BRUINS jersey...hope we win that game the feeling will be great ...a win against Mtl is so sweet .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Don't do it, Stanley. The game isn't til tomorrow...you'll be more ahead of the play (read: offside) than Wheeler was!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsdiehard. Show bruinsdiehard's posts

In strong agreement with everyone on here that MTL's game plan going into last matchup was borderline moronic. But Julien's comments reveal the nature of why that game turned out the way it did; something Habs fans refuse to admit: THEY HAVE A DIRTY TEAM. Jabbing with the sticks and mouths are what these guys are experts at (along with "drawing" penalties). I think the first period dictates how the game will be played. If Boston is able to tuck in some goals behind Price, there may not be as much of a fear to play "rough" as MTL fans would call it (I'd call it playing hockey but thats just me).

In anycase, anyone who suggests that Boston can't play a skill game with MTL, especially Habs fans, is purely bat-s@#t crazy. This team can beat anyone at any game, anytime. Period.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Great thread and many great points made on this thread.

One thing that is pretty apparent: this game means a lot more to MTL than it does to BOS.  The Habs needs this game, they need to prove they can play the physical style of playoff hockey that they couldn't do last time, and they need to prove they can beat the B's regardless at this point in the season. 

It's true the Habs have beaten the B's earlier in the year, but that last game was such a demoralizing loss for the Habs-they need this game bad.

One thing i'm looking forward to is the playoff style atmosphere tues night-the last couple of games have been really intense.  Great time to be a hockey fan!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE] It's true the Habs have beaten the B's earlier in the year, but that last game was such a demoralizing loss for the Habs-they need this game bad. Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

I think that looks at the game too much as a Bruins' fan.  While the last game was demoralizing for the Habs, the fact is they aren't fighters and they know it.  That's easily forgotten. They did score 6 goals if I remember right.  On the other hand, the game before that the Bruins had an epic choke against the Habs in the final minutes and in OT, and managed to blast them the next game.

I don't think the last game means anything.  The B's and the Habs need this game bad.  I see a playoff style game with a scary third period.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Bruins team will we see? : On the other hand, the game before that the Bruins had an epic choke against the Habs in the final minutes and in OT, and managed to blast them the next game.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Deflection off a skate to tie the game and a long range wrister past the future two time Vezina isn't an epic choke.

Blowing a 3-0 series, especially after leading 3-0 in game 7....damn it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Bruins team will we see? : I think that looks at the game too much as a Bruins' fan.  While the last game was demoralizing for the Habs, the fact is they aren't fighters and they know it.  That's easily forgotten. They did score 6 goals if I remember right.  On the other hand, the game before that the Bruins had an epic choke against the Habs in the final minutes and in OT, and managed to blast them the next game. I don't think the last game means anything.  The B's and the Habs need this game bad.  I see a playoff style game with a scary third period.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

True- that is a very bias quote from a diehard, but that loss was discussed a lot up in the northern province on CBC, in the MTL newspapers, and by their fans.  A lot of Habs fans think the Bruins may have found a big weakness of their team. The Bruins did choke up in MTL, but people didn't view it as a major turning point for the B's.  Mtl's loss has been overanalyzed and discussed.  Another tough loss in their own barn would be very demoralizing to this team.  A couple of losses for MTL woul dput them in danger of falling out of the top 8 in the EAst.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

A win tonite would be a major confidence boost for us.  Hit everything in sight and make them retaliate is the way we will win this game.  Chasing Price would be "priceless".....better than blood on the ice.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I want to see guys crashing the net , good puck movement from our defenseman, and hustle.  I'd also like to see some skill passes and snipes.

I have no interest in watching fights.  Shogun Rua vs Jon Jones is a week from saturday.  I'll pay the $55 and get my fight fix then.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]Play hard between the whistles and we will win.  We don't need the after the whistle stuff.  They can still bang and play physical.  The last game we instigating everything after the whistle.  I bet we stay more controlled.  We need the win.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%.  The Bruins need to play better and more consistently than they did against Pittsburgh and that's what they should do.  Both teams need the two points and it's important to beat the Habs at their own game in their building - aggressive to the puck, efficient transition, speed through the neutral zone.   If we take the two points tonight, we can play rough and tumble in Boston next time around, if necessary.  I think it will be a playoff type atmosphere.